Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:08:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silicon Valley could force NSA reform, tomorrow. What's taking so long?  (Read 738 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 09:20:10 PM

Silicon Valley could force NSA reform, tomorrow. What's taking so long?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/12/silicon-valley-nsa-reform-taking-so-long

<< Tech CEOs are complaining, but bills are languishing. Time for internet companies to pull an OKCupid and call out the NSA, on every homepage. >>
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:31:14 PM

Look at obama's smile. They all vote democrats. That will never happen.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:00:27 AM

Despite Mark Zuckerberg and Eric Schmidt calling for surveillance reform, nothing has changed. The NSA will continue to hack in to your Gmail and FB accounts, and steal your personnel data. The USA Freedom Act would have changed that. But right now, it is stalled by a group of Democrat criminals, led by that arrogant feminist Dianne Feinstein.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:39:39 AM

Despite Mark Zuckerberg and Eric Schmidt calling for surveillance reform, nothing has changed. The NSA will continue to hack in to your Gmail and FB accounts, and steal your personnel data. The USA Freedom Act would have changed that. But right now, it is stalled by a group of Democrat criminals, led by that arrogant feminist Dianne Feinstein.

Dianne Feinstein Version A (when we are the target)
http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/19/news/la-pn-feinstein-nsa-foreign-policy-20140219

Dianne Feinstein Version B (when she is the target)
http://washingtonexaminer.com/dianne-feinstein-denounces-cia-spying-on-senate-intelligence-committee-computers/article/2545463

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:30:53 AM

She is so repulsing.

Yuck! 80 years old, why can't this old hag take a retirement from harassing normal people?
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:59:51 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 10:12:15 AM by Wipeout2097

There is no such thing as "personal data" after you post it on the internet. Nobody forces people to have a Facebook profile and fill it with lots of personal details. Gmail is a bit more complex, but have 2 more email addresses in other providers, and I don't expect quality of service on what is free.

I'm not concerned with the NSA, however I'm glad that everyone else is. People had the stupid trend to post all their worthless personal shit on the web, to be popular on Facebook, to post their pics, to become citizens of the world, to lower their guard. Nice that they feel betrayed, forces them to learn, to care, and teach their kids better, so that other people and their kids don't feel the need to dumb themselves down to fit the "society". But this is another discussion ...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:58:59 AM

There is no such thing as "personal data" after you post it on the internet. Nobody forces people to have a Facebook profile and fill it with lots of personal details. Gmail is a bit more complex, but have 2 more email addresses in other providers, and I don't expect quality of service on what is free.

I'm not concerned with the NSA, however I'm glad that everyone else is. People had the stupid trend to post all their worthless personal shit on the web, to be popular on Facebook, to post their pics, to become citizens of the world, to lower their guard. Nice that they feel betrayed, forces them to learn, to care, and teach their kids better, so that other people and their kids don't feel the need to dumb themselves down to fit the "society". But this is another discussion ...

I can't believe this? Are you defending the NSA hacking our Facebook and Gmail accounts? Some people are so much used to mental slavery, that even if others try to liberate them they will still stick with their masters.
Wipeout2097

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:39:55 PM

I can't believe this? Are you defending the NSA hacking our Facebook and Gmail accounts? Some people are so much used to mental slavery, that even if others try to liberate them they will still stick with their masters.
Of course not. Neither I'm using the rhetoric of blaming the victim, just making a side point.

Before the NSA scandal came out, it was fashionable to publish everything online. Facebook motivates people to post their own lives and intimate details openly, adults and kids alike. There is no undo on the Internet. What a teenager posts may hunt him down as an adult. So, the NSA issue at least had the side effect of forcing people to care about privacy and the consequences of how they act online.

Now, it is of course a very different matter to intercept peer-to-peer private communications, or tracking one's position with malware on a smartphone. That's criminality and totalitarian. But the context is Facebook and email protocol which is plaintext.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:49:47 PM

Before the NSA scandal came out, it was fashionable to publish everything online. Facebook motivates people to post their own lives and intimate details openly, adults and kids alike. There is no undo on the Internet. What a teenager posts may hunt him down as an adult. So, the NSA issue at least had the side effect of forcing people to care about privacy and the consequences of how they act online.

I am talking about something and you are referring to something entirely different. I am not talking about NSA accessing the publically available information. I am talking about NSA hacking in to your account and accessing your private information.
Wipeout2097

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:36:24 AM

I am talking about something and you are referring to something entirely different. I am not talking about NSA accessing the publically available information. I am talking about NSA hacking in to your account and accessing your private information.
I know, but still this the point I'm trying to make. My "private" information that I submit to Facebook is accessible to all Facebook employees in the first place. The same with Google. To Amazon and Ebay and Paypal, I'm forced to share much much more data, including address, phone and CC. That is all exposed to Amazon, Ebay and Paypal employees. Who told me I have confidentiality protection? Who told me some employees aren't criminals, or at least unethical or incompetent?

Also, the desensitizing and push for sharing everything and disregard people's privacy, including Google's "privacy is dead, get over it" is the actual damage and so are their Google map cars collecting pictures, wardriving and God knows what more. That Zuckerberg punk monetizing me as a product with intrusive javascript,Facebook plugins, behaviour predictors and face recognition, is the actual damage. How is the NSA cracking suddenly the end of the world, and all that shit gets free pass?

I understand that my point may sound obtuse, or even apologetic or distraction bullshit. The issue is that NSA's criminal or immoral behavior is not a new motivation for me to not share all kinds of personal data. But for others, at least is in your face obvious, this time you are forced to care.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:14:27 PM

I know, but still this the point I'm trying to make. My "private" information that I submit to Facebook is accessible to all Facebook employees in the first place. The same with Google. To Amazon and Ebay and Paypal, I'm forced to share much much more data, including address, phone and CC. That is all exposed to Amazon, Ebay and Paypal employees. Who told me I have confidentiality protection? Who told me some employees aren't criminals, or at least unethical or incompetent?.....

You are trying to reframe the argument.  You are basically saying "Yeah BUT...THEY ALL DO IT!"

Bullshit.

NSA not only lied to the American people, they went and forced these major companies to also lie to us under their phoney court orders.

Wipeout2097

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:04:27 PM

I'm not American and next time I will post my concerns on other thread. Sorry, carry on with the discussion.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██