Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:23:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do other Cryptocurrencies usually fail?  (Read 530 times)
syberion (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:59:57 AM

Why is it that Bitcoin the dominate cryptocurrency although the only differences between Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is how many coins will ever be in circulation and the algorithm in which the cryptocurrency is mined on?
pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 07:09:09 AM

Bitcoin came first. Thats the only thing holding its price. There are better, faster, innovative coins out now
syberion (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:16:38 AM

What do you think will happen once all of the bitcoins are mined? Will bitcoin have a fixed value or completely lose it? Will a new cryptocurrency jump up in value?
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:27:24 AM

What do you think will happen once all of the bitcoins are mined? Will bitcoin have a fixed value or completely lose it? Will a new cryptocurrency jump up in value?

IMO, Bitcoin will become much more successful over time but I really think that at the same time, serious competitors will arise. I think a 'Battle of the Titans' scenario between the best 2-3 crypto-currencies is what will happen. Bitcoin and the 1-2 other titans will duke it out, but they'll each have their own draws and purposes. They'll share a lot of success in the coming years. There is just SO much room for expansion of crypto-currency that I don't think it's going to happen with just Bitcoin.
rikkie

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:29:40 AM

I don't understand it as well. Some other coins come, and a few weeks, months later, you don't hear anymore about it. How can you know what new coin is a good one to buy for example.
sanjoea

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 09:02:56 AM

Because they are not emerged earlier, nowadays more and more coins coming to cryptocoin industry that's why

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KingSchultz

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:14:21 AM

I don't understand it as well. Some other coins come, and a few weeks, months later, you don't hear anymore about it. How can you know what new coin is a good one to buy for example.

I look at at two things: long-term purpose, and unique features or use scenarios in comparison to Bitcoin. Most of the alt market is a giant bubble because the explosion happened so fast and so recently, but there are a few coins I think are long-term gold.
Icardi09

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:21:39 AM

because bitcoin is trendsetter Grin
many alt coin appear after BTC
and many Altcoin pegged to BTC
even so much scam coin released
fudbuster

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:56:42 AM

Because most of them were created to simply extract BTC from idiots and then fail after the dev and his pals unload their stashes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: