Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you sell at $10,000?  (Read 1902 times)
IamComrade (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:38:01 AM

When btc become $10,000 will you finally sell? For me i think 10,000$ I will exit btc and move to another assest
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:41:36 AM

might sell about 5-10%

locking in some softpaper, that's all Wink
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:57:30 AM

(if it happens) I'll probably buy sheets... or better, a company that produces them.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:04:02 AM

even when BTC hit $3000 i'l sell it  Grin

Rannasha

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:14:12 AM

It'll depend on what the purchasing power of the $ is at the time. If Bitcoin rises against the $ because of growing adoption, then it might be nice to sell some. If Bitcoin rises against the $ because the $ is (hyper)inflating, then there's little point in selling as the amount of $ you'd get for 1 BTC wouldn't buy you much more that it would if you sold your BTC today.
sajisama

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:15:12 AM

When btc become $10,000 will you finally sell? For me i think 10,000$ I will exit btc and move to another assest

We wont have to, imo....
TERA

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:32:39 AM

Preemptively picking a number is bad. I sell whenever TA says a downtrend has started.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:34:29 AM

nah, i'll keep ploughing everything back into mining gear  Grin
long live bitcoin

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:37:41 AM

I will never sell my bitcoin, or at least not all of them.

I might at some point use some of my bitcoins to fund a company startup or something but other than that most of my wealth is stored as bitcoins. Why would I store my wealth in a deflationary fiat currency at the bank when I can store it as deflationary currency in my own home.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 10:44:42 AM

move to another assest

like what, dead people printed on pieces of paper? that sure sounds more stable long-term Smiley

see, when bitcoin reaches five digits it will be the thing that you sell other things for. you don't now say "if USD reaches 0.02btc, I'll sell all my USD and move to another asset", same way you won't consider your bitcoins as something you need to "sell" - they will be your currency.

i am satoshi
TERA

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

move to another assest

like what, dead people printed on pieces of paper? that sure sounds more stable long-term Smiley

see, when bitcoin reaches five digits it will be the thing that you sell other things for. you don't now say "if USD reaches 0.02btc, I'll sell all my USD and move to another asset", same way you won't consider your bitcoins as something you need to "sell" - they will be your currency.
He said asset, not cash. I can think of some assets that are reliable and perform much better than the USD:

-Futures/commodities
-Real estate
-Real estate investment trusts
-Blue chip stocks
-Bonds
-Small diversified positions of precious metals
-Guns

You shouldn't have all your eggs in one basket, no matter how bullish you are about the basket.  Bitcoin becoming a serious world currency and that is infallible is just a speculation, not a guarantee.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:19:25 AM

If I think we are near the top of the bubble I would sell everything, only to rebuy at half the value.

If you mean "sell" in term of "cashing out", and quit this whole bitcoin thing, mmmhh never.
bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:42:34 AM

No.

I only put money into bitcoin that I can afford to lose and I have all the time in the world, so for me it is either 0 or at least 100,000 USD  Cheesy
BlockchainHelp?

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:44:49 AM

If Bitcoin becomes 10K then you probably won't need to "cash out", you could just purchase what you want online with Bitcoin unless you want funds for a start up or something...
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 11:46:33 AM

I'll sell about half by that point.

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:45:43 PM

move to another assest

Bitcoin, while a phenomenal break through, will not end up being the defacto standard of digital payments. Something better and more regulated will come along/get approved and take it's place. Diversity is key.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:38:41 PM

What, and miss out on 99.924% of the upside?
Only if I need to delever for a downtrend.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:39:43 PM

If Bitcoin becomes 10K then you probably won't need to "cash out", you could just purchase what you want online with Bitcoin unless you want funds for a start up or something...

Same reasoning applies to the startup operating cash.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:45:27 PM

move to another assest

Bitcoin, while a phenomenal break through, will not end up being the defacto standard of digital payments. Something better and more regulated will come along/get approved and take it's place. Diversity is key.

Bitcoin is more strictly regulated than any other medium of exchange on Earth.  It is also fully capable of adapting to preempt competition, highly motivated to do so, and able to express all manner of diversity without compromising its design principles.  No fiat currency system can ever offer permanent and total immunity to counterparty risk and to seizure, and so will never be able to compete with bitcoin.

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 01:51:14 PM

It'll depend on what the purchasing power of the $ is at the time. If Bitcoin rises against the $ because of growing adoption, then it might be nice to sell some. If Bitcoin rises against the $ because the $ is (hyper)inflating, then there's little point in selling as the amount of $ you'd get for 1 BTC wouldn't buy you much more that it would if you sold your BTC today.

This is a good point.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: