Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cex.io or scrypt.cc  (Read 2067 times)
mezmerizer9 (OP)

Activity: 782
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:29:39 PM

Anyone here willing to donate a cex.io voucher of 1GHS? Also cex.io or scrypt.cc? And why do peaple say here that mining at cex.io is bad?

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████?7?3████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution       

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation 

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nutterboy

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:43:11 PM

I have some ghs and khs, as a general rule scrypt pays out better. You also don't see the fee for power which often can be more than the block reward on cex.io

Scrypt.cc mining many scrypt coins simultaneous through 2 data centres with several ghs or more of power meaning they are putting significant power behind each coin which they then trade for btc and payout to you. They payout to 16 (roughly) decimal places so you can be reasonably sure you are getting all (or very near to) of your share and its not just rounded down (cex.io must do this  as they only payout to 8dp. Payout on Scrypt.cc is every 10min and is based on the coins they mined in that time.

Just in general the depreciation of GHS has already been going down considerably (I bought my 5ghs at 0.04 2 months ago, the price is now 0.01 and has probably paid out around 0.005 all up so far) . Whereas KHS hasn't seen that drop just yet. Although Scrypt ASICs are just hitting the market so expect them to go down very soon as the market has to adjust for this cheaper(power wise) flow of hashing power.

I have 65KHS and the ROI is probably going to be around 10months their site reckons only 6 but with new asics coming in the difficulty will rise on all the coins.
Borntostun

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

I've been in both and the returns in scrypt.cc are much better and for all of the reasons above, it's just a better deal and a better long-term play (at least in the btw world).  Link below if you want to give it a try. 
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:07:11 PM

Got nothing to donate, however the general view seems to be that scrypt.cc is the better site,
however I think (?) cex.io is more established, and it might be a smaller risk investing in that.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:05:19 PM

It seems like Cex is in a recesion at the current moment. Price has dropped like crazy and is not far away from their Future Hash April promotion. 0.009. The typical scare and quick sell from poor investors trying to make a quick buck.
Buziss

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

It seems like Cex is in a recesion at the current moment. Price has dropped like crazy and is not far away from their Future Hash April promotion. 0.009. The typical scare and quick sell from poor investors trying to make a quick buck.

The drop is pretty much expected as the GHS (~0.0094) and FHA (~0.0081) prices should converge on Feb 26.

blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

I have a GH/s in cex.io (yes, only one. I got it for free however), and it's a reliable site. Just remember that the price per GH/s could drop very quickly. Now they are selling FHA:s (future hashes april) and FHM:s (future hashes may) however, so you could possibly get some cheap GH/s.

But I guess what you mean with them being bad is that they control much of the combined mining power on the bitcoin network. Recently they were close to 50% which would have been very bad (even though the CEX.io guys seem to be on the good side anyway).
Nutterboy

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:36:36 AM

Yeah I had 5 ghs and sold it a little while ago, changed it to FHA which will be active as ghs in just over a week and the profits between now and then will be less than the difference, I now have 8ghs that will start working for me on the 26th, good deal there, but khs still out performing
mindfulmojo

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:51:19 AM

Scrypt.cc has spelling errors. I've written support tickets about this twice, no fix.

If they can't fix something so simple...  Roll Eyes
Salmon1989

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:32:11 AM

I have a GH/s in cex.io (yes, only one. I got it for free however), and it's a reliable site. Just remember that the price per GH/s could drop very quickly. Now they are selling FHA:s (future hashes april) and FHM:s (future hashes may) however, so you could possibly get some cheap GH/s.

The FHM is selling at 0.0041 now, so the hashrate price should drop from 0.0093 to 0.0041 in 5 weeks?

blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:41:54 AM

The FHM is selling at 0.0041 now, so the hashrate price should drop from 0.0093 to 0.0041 in 5 weeks?
Possibly yes, if the price per FHM doesn't rise of course.
tacoman71

Activity: 320

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:35:02 PM

Cloud mining in general is bad because of the near impossibility of gaining a profit.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
apsvinet

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:54:49 PM

Cloud mining in general is bad because of the near impossibility of gaining a profit.
In the short term indeed. But at the moment the GH/s price on all cloud mining services is way too high to be profitable unless you're in it for the long run.

Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:48:18 AM

In the short term indeed. But at the moment the GH/s price on all cloud mining services is way too high to be profitable unless you're in it for the long run.

IMHO, the cloud mining hashrate will always be "too high" for 2 reasons.
1. The hashrate owner would sell it for more than he could get from mining himself.
2. The hashrate buyers need not do the maintenance or withstand the heat and noise, so they would need to buy it at premium.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

1. The hashrate owner would sell it for more than he could get from mining himself.
2. The hashrate buyers need not do the maintenance or withstand the heat and noise, so they would need to buy it at premium.

Yes of course, the prices are definitely fair, but they're still too high to be useful to invest in, in my opinion.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:18:53 PM

Yes of course, the prices are definitely fair, but they're still too high to be useful to invest in, in my opinion.

What do you guys consider "fair price" ? for srypt and/or sha
I'm sure the prices set by the major cloud mining services are fair, because they're companies there to make profit. As I already stated in previous post. But it's still extremely hard to even break even with cloud mining.

wallet.link

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:58:57 PM

neither, I would recommend checking out PBMining.com they are much cheaper than cex.io and they have never missed a payout.
apsvinet

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:47:54 PM

neither, I would recommend checking out PBMining.com they are much cheaper than cex.io and they have never missed a payout.
Ah yes, they've a giveaway going on as well that ends tomorrow! Definitely worth checking out, 20 gh/s is the prize!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: