View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
old_engineer

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 12:14:45 AM

MtGoxLive is an embarrassment for Mt Gox.  In this day and age, it shouldn't be possible for hundreds of users to kill a server.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 12:25:04 AM

MtGoxLive is an embarrassment for Mt Gox.  In this day and age, it shouldn't be possible for hundreds of users to kill a server.

It is a joke thats for sure.. 

So much so, I think it stops purposely...we are all missing a LOT of info at critical moments..

Seriously, it cant handle 750 users ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 01:42:51 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2012, 01:56:05 AM by Serge

mtgoxedlive

or

mtgoxlived

?

it's not their site, it's their api from which they feed everyone i suspect, their own mtgoxlive, all sites and all users who hook to it

at least delegate it somehow, one server only for mtgoxlive, one for websites and other for general public, rebroadcasting main stream
or send stream to approved servers who then distribute load among other clients.

tomorrow bitcoin gets on the news and we'll be frozen for the rest of time while media attention wears off quickly
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 01:52:26 AM

whats the difference?
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 02:01:55 AM

MT Gox doesn't even have stop-loss order trading...hence the insomnia in the Bitcoin community.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 07:05:11 AM

MT Gox doesn't even have stop-loss order trading...hence the insomnia in the Bitcoin community.

THIS. fucking this.

why oh why doesn't it have stop-loss?

last night I was about to go to bed when the major correction back from $7 happened. didn't go to bed until after the sun came up.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
naima53

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:49:20 AM

tomorrow bitcoin gets on the news and ...
Probably to ask in more details, about what news, there speech?

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:35:38 PM

tomorrow bitcoin gets on the news and ...
Probably to ask in more details, about what news, there speech?

it was figure of speech, if at some point in the future bitcoin gets on the news, due to poor live data feed, trading will be suspended throughout all of the time while all eyes will be on Bitcoin

the market is slow today and i think another contributing reason for it beside it's being Sunday is that there is no live data available. the MTGOX controls when we trade and when we get into suspended mode, given it is unintentional
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:39:03 PM

THIS. fucking this.

why oh why doesn't it have stop-loss?

last night I was about to go to bed when the major correction back from $7 happened. didn't go to bed until after the sun came up.

Use a bot or Bitcoinica.

To the OP:  Use www.btccharts.com

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:42:17 PM

To the OP:  Use www.btccharts.com

you don't get it
all of services such as btccharts, clarkmoody, bitcoincharts, mtgoxlife, etc all of them use same data feed via mtgox socketio API - if the API not responsive enough all of those services lag behind or simply frozen.
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 09:56:27 PM

you don't get it
all of services such as btccharts, clarkmoody, bitcoincharts, mtgoxlife, etc all of them use same data feed via mtgox socketio API - if the API not responsive enough all of those services lag behind or simply frozen.

With someone as big as mtgox.. how hard would it be to get a second server to mirror/relay the stream?? Reliable data is kind of necessity.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
bzzard

Activity: 398

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 09:59:24 PM

you don't get it
yup...

Currently there's even no connection, just error - maybe they working on it?
In the in the meantime I'm working on something that will fix this situation (even when there's no socket data). Maybe on Monday there will be some beta.

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:02:16 PM

you don't get it
yup...

In the in the meantime I'm working on something that will fix this situation (even when there's no socket data). Maybe on Monday there will be some beta.

Ah, so what I'm seeing on btccharts.com RIGHT NOW is not current / correct?

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:16:26 PM

you don't get it

With someone as big as mtgox.. how hard would it be to get a second server to mirror/relay the stream?? Reliable data is kind of necessity.

i'm certain there is no easy solution, it is not just a question of throwing one or more servers into it, won't solve this problem.  

i suspect the problem occurs on a deeper level around their database - when activity increases, constant reading writing to the database eats up most processing resources, all traffic feeding from the API such as web reporting services, mobile devices, private feeds to trading software/bots  jam their ability to provide quick data for everyone, we communally ddos them basically on a processing level. when that happens their API either bugs out or scales down to report minimal data.

to solve this problem it would require serious DB and possibly system/network engineers and probably adopting their code base to support all of it.

with that said, i must give props to MTGOX that they are able at least handle and process orders with minimal delays during peak trading times

Reliable data is very important, especially now when we are going up again, in my view this is critical issue, it slows down trading now and it will be worse with more growth and media attention in the future which i think is not far away from now.  

get ready for lots of blind trading.
bzzard

Activity: 398

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 10:17:25 PM

If you see such thing:

It means that status of live connection with MtGox is - error. And the last data you received was 253 seconds ago.

If there's "connected" and seconds are lower than 20 it means you have live data.

Serge - exactly

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:24:12 PM

you don't get it
yup...

it may be delayed or maybe pretty real time atm, the main issue is we don't see real time orders ..  yesterday for instance, i felt like i was trading blindly, then i said f#$% it and probably many others as well - market halts until mighty MrGox resumes the feeds again.  at the moment except last order price i honestly have no idea what is going on on the market
Crypt_Current

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:38:24 PM

you don't get it
yup...

it may be delayed or maybe pretty real time atm, the main issue is we don't see real time orders ..  yesterday for instance, i felt like i was trading blindly, then i said f#$% it and probably many others as well - market halts until mighty MrGox resumes the feeds again.  at the moment except last order price i honestly have no idea what is going on on the market

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII seeeeeeeeee... so that would be why the market got all stagnated... the mythical "weekend drop" ... hey, maybe it's not so mythical -- maybe them Gox guys go out to party every weekend and Gox locks up and no one is around to fix it :-D

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 10:45:47 PM

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII seeeeeeeeee... so that would be why the market got all stagnated... the mythical "weekend drop" ... hey, maybe it's not so mythical -- maybe them Gox guys go out to party every weekend and Gox locks up and no one is around to fix it :-D

many times the market is just  slow naturally by itself while data feeds function normally.

today i think we would of had more action but it's just dead because we have no real time order data
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 03:29:18 PM

is dead here again

yup. right in the middle of my swing trading. fucking piece of shit. is there any formal correspondence to the MtGox people telling them to get their god damned act together?

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: