Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:04:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting More BTC with GPUs!!!!  (Read 859 times)
TrillionBTC (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:19:36 PM

I started Mining BTC late last year discovering Bitcoin after several rides home from work with my wife and her asking me if I ever heard of Bitcoin. I finally got around to looking into it and discovered the mining process. Bought my first GPU in my life just so I can try it out. After several days of looking researching forums and pools I finally got my NVIDIA GTX770 mining with BTCGuild at around 0.011 GH. I was then hooked and disappointed at the same time.

I was hooked because I now have my computer on and it's creating these new digital numbers but more importantly I have a new hobby that my wife and I share together. I was disappointed because after a lot more research I discovered that 2013 was called "The Year of The ASIC Revolution". Simply put I was a day late and a Dollar short. That's when I looked into ASICs for BTC mining and discovered high prices and Pre-Orders. I did buy some ASICs this year in January and I'm still patiently waiting for them. This is when I did a lot more research looking for ways to get more BTC faster. I purchased an Erupter which does or use to do 0.313 GH, played around with BTC faucets, and researched Cloud hosting. Did them all. Of coarse by this time I had turned off my GPU and gave away my only Erupter to a family member who's also interested in BTC Mining. He's been hashing away for months now and has not got enough for the minimum for his pool to pay out yet he's hooked and happy with the BTC mining he's doing. More power to him.

One day I was thinking of pulling my GPU out and selling it but when I logged into my BTCGuild account there was a new news alert. I click on it and BTCGuild was starting a Scrypt mining Multi Pool. Just in time. I got my invite to the new pool's Alpha page and started that GPU right up again. Now I do have to say that this pool's Alpha Stage sucked bad as we had to switched between coins for it by pointing to a different server when the pool recommended it just to stay with the pool. But now that they're in Beta, coin switching is Automatic, and so is exchanging to BTC if you choose.

I have not made so much Bitcoin 'til now. The pool is called Scryptguild.

www.scryptguild.com

Within a few short months I purchased 3 more GPUs to mine on this pool, purchased a 20 pack of Scrypt ASICs (Gridseeds), Purchased a 2nd set of 20 Scrypt ASICs, and thinking about getting another 20 Scrypt ASICs all with the BTC I've been earning on Scryptguild.

I've tried single pools for Scrypt mining and just could not achieve the amount of BTC I'm getting now putting Scrypt Coins on Exchanges myself. Additionally I've Beta tested the new GHash Multipool and even now that they're out of Beta I can not achieve the same results. I found Scryptguild to be the best as I'm getting my full advertised hash rate from my equipment with little to no stale shares mining with them and the Auto Switching is priceless. 

Dust off your GPUs and give them a try.
stacksmasher

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:55:38 PM

Dude... you are a day late and a $$$ short.. we used to get .1 per Kh/s per day. Now so many people are doing it we are lucky to get .005 per day per Kh/s and if it gets any lower the power cost starts to cut into your profits.  

You just wasted your money on gridseeds that will never EVER ROI when the 250Kh/s SCRYPT ASIC's are released in a few weeks the DIFF will be so high..... yea Im sure you understand.

All the guys that have big GPU setups can switch to SCRYPT-N or X11 and you are stuck with plain old SCRYPT.

Also SCRYPTGUILD sucks ass.... go to http://poolpicker.eu to see what pool is most profitable this week.
blackhathasher

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:06:18 PM

its not all doom and gloom...

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
olliec420

Activity: 198
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

Yeah, you didn't learn from last year what's going to happen to the asics did you?
blackhathasher

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 08:26:23 PM

You just have to stay ahead of the curve. You can't sit around and fall behind.

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:37:19 AM

nice while it lasted, looks like scryptguild will be dust in a month or 2 per the server admin, eleuthria. He will be merging it with his other main project, btcguild.com

FYI
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: