Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Your Bitcoin Opus?  (Read 1138 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 01:44:59 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2012, 12:57:52 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Inspired from the slightly altered post below:

+ Writing and making videos.
+ Creating graphics and logos.
+ Organising events.
+ Advocacy for your favourite groups, organisations or people to accept bitcoin.
+ Supporting services you like by giving them your business.
+ Fixing up the bitcoin wiki.
+ Copy editing the wikipedia entry for bitcoin which is in a bad state ATM.
+ Writing code.
+ Consolidating and aggregating information from the forums, reddit, twitter, mailing list, IRC, blogs and articles into a central location.
+ Graphs and statistics about the economy.
- Do not waste away too much of your time on the forums getting involved in huge debates and future speculation. It just isn't productive.

The following is what I'm capable, and not capable, of in providing for the Bitcoin community in general, Bitcoin as a whole in particular. To express to others exactly where you stand, simply copy and past the following, adding your comments within the bold parenthesis. Feel free to offer up your suggestions, for I'll gladly add them to the list along with my honest comments on how I can, or can't, contribute.

• Video Production (Limited, but capable)
  • Graphic & Logo Designs (Not able to, but can suggest ideas)
  • Event Organisation (Very Capable)
  • Bitcoin Advocate (Very Capable)
  • Supporting Bitcoin Through Commerce (Yes)
  • Bitcoin Wiki Editor (May contribute in the future)
  • Edit Bitcoinn Article on Wikipedia (Not personally, but would offer up suggestions to those who do)
  • Code Writing (Not capable of doing unless HTML or CSS)
  • Aggregate Bitcoin Info to a Central Location (Only capable to offer up suggestins)
  • Economic Statistician (Not capable of doing)
  • Do not waste away too much of your time on the forums getting involved in huge debates and future speculation. It just isn't productive. (Agree)

Added to the list:

• Proofread Bitcoin Literature (Am always available to provide this service at no cost)

~Bruno~
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 02:07:11 AM

Act within my nature. Check.

+1

Interesting! What would be a better wording to fit the wording scheme I've incorporated? I get a sense of what you're trying to relay, but it hasn't clicked yet.

~Bruno~

geek-trader

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 02:11:50 AM

I'm pretty good at losing BTC playing blackjack.  Then I have to buy more, and lose them again.  That's good for the BTC economy, right?

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 05:36:50 AM

I'm pretty good at losing BTC playing blackjack.  Then I have to buy more, and lose them again.  That's good for the BTC economy, right?

i lost 1btc to poker when it was worth 2.5... i got my moneys worth, but i would start doing this every other day ...

Andrew Vorobyov

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 09:22:54 PM

How about earning money with best-you-can-do job and donate x% to Bitcoin core team?
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 12:44:49 AM

OK I'll follow your lead Bruno.

• Video Production (Limited, Did some basic Premiere editing years ago, add music, fades in/out, nothing fancy)
  • Graphic & Logo Designs (Never done professionally but have designed some OK logos for other people before, basic Photoshop stuff)
  • Event Organisation (I can follow orders if needed)
  • Bitcoin Advocate (Minimal, I'd only be willing to discuss it with people I know and who I think would be receptive)
  • Supporting Bitcoin Through Commerce (Very little, hope to increase in the future)
  • Bitcoin Wiki Editor (Never contributed)
  • Edit Bitcoinn Article on Wikipedia (Never contributed)
  • Code Writing (Very basic/limited experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, SQL, Python, ASP, Java)
  • Aggregate Bitcoin Info to a Central Location (Probably not)
  • Economic Statistician (Nope)
  • Do not waste away too much of your time on the forums getting involved in huge debates and future speculation. It just isn't productive. (Agree)

I have a bit of free time here and there but not enough to try to launch any sort of project myself.  As you can see from the list above I probably wouldn't be any great help to anyone but am willing to help where I can and if I can.  Message me if you think a few hours of my time here and there could help further your bitcoin project.  I don't mind my compensation being the experience itself if I believe the project or task is interesting.

I do have my own web server but it's on an old box and not even on a static IP so probably not very useful for much.  I do have some experience building Wordpress sites but it is pretty simple stuff so probably not a skill in high demand.  If this is needed let me know and I can show some sample work.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 12:55:15 AM

OK I'll follow your lead Bruno.

• Video Production (Limited, Did some basic Premiere editing years ago, add music, fades in/out, nothing fancy)
  • Graphic & Logo Designs (Never done professionally but have designed some OK logos for other people before, basic Photoshop stuff)
  • Event Organisation (I can follow orders if needed)
  • Bitcoin Advocate (Minimal, I'd only be willing to discuss it with people I know and who I think would be receptive)
  • Supporting Bitcoin Through Commerce (Very little, hope to increase in the future)
  • Bitcoin Wiki Editor (Never contributed)
  • Edit Bitcoinn Article on Wikipedia (Never contributed)
  • Code Writing (Very basic/limited experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, SQL, Python, ASP, Java)
  • Aggregate Bitcoin Info to a Central Location (Probably not)
  • Economic Statistician (Nope)

I have a bit of free time here and there but not enough to try to launch any sort of project myself.  As you can see from the list above I probably wouldn't be any great help to anyone but am willing to help where I can and if I can.  Message me if you think a few hours of my time here and there could help further your bitcoin project.  I don't mind my compensation being the experience itself if I believe the project or task is interesting.

I do have my own web server but it's on an old box and not even on a static IP so probably not very useful for much.  I do have some experience building Wordpress sites but it is pretty simple stuff so probably not a skill in high demand.  If this is needed let me know and I can show some sample work.

That's perfect, amencon. I think I want to add Proofread Bitcoin Literature to the list. As I've stated many times, I'm not a wordsmith, but am able to spot common errors, for even a seasoned wordsmith makes mistekas.

~Bruno~
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 02:27:11 AM

...I can personally attest to this.  geek-trader has lost several dozen BTC over the months Tongue

(BFL)^2 < 0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: