Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW!  (Read 720 times)
LottaNoize (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:42:27 AM

hey everyone this is going to be my first post i really love bitcoin there is a huge community backing it. i have a crypysy account and community coin too. my cpu is unable to mine!!! its a older computer but i plan on upgrading any suggestions?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:06:26 AM

hey everyone this is going to be my first post i really love bitcoin there is a huge community backing it. i have a crypysy account and community coin too. my cpu is unable to mine!!! its a older computer but i plan on upgrading any suggestions?

You won't even make your power bill if you mine with a CPU.  At the minimum you need a good GPU.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Mobius7

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:45:15 AM

You won't even make your power bill if you mine with a CPU.  At the minimum you need a good GPU.

I am not really sure if it is still a good time to buy GPUs to mine altcoins.
The scrypt ASIC from KnC looks really powerful, though the delivery could be delayed.

counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

Glad to have you aboard.  I'd suggest some thing along the lines of a gaming computer.  Something with a high quality video card.  I'd read a good amount in the mining section before I made the purchase however.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 09:46:51 PM

Hello :-) nice to meet you. 

And welcome to the forums :-)

But if you are asking about suggestions what hardware buy to start mining I suggest something external like a gridseed for example.
Testing123

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:30:51 AM

Hello and welcome to bitcointalk.
IMO, you shouldn't use your computer to mine bitcoin / scrypt coins, as the hashrate will be very low.
You can buy ASICs if you really want to do mining.

Acidyo

Activity: 588

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:50:22 AM

Mining is starting to die off for us regular folks.
Lamber

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:07:53 PM

just build up a gpu rig, it is easy to get gpu's and you can earn a lot with them.
Soappa

Activity: 569

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:17:29 PM

just build up a gpu rig, it is easy to get gpu's and you can earn a lot with them.

Agree with the first part (easy to get GPUs), but I think you can no longer earn a lot now with GPU mining altcoins...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: