Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SMOKERS] Introducing Cigs.eu - Buy Cheap Cigarettes with Bitcoins  (Read 21169 times)
hoki (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Say BYE to tobacco taxes and bureaucratized trade.

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 04:08:23 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2012, 04:29:25 PM by hoki

Smokers, rejoice! Cigs.eu now accepts Bitcoins! We ship cigarettes from Eastern Europe and guarantee worldwide delivery!

Here are some prices for your reference:

10 packs of Lucky Strike Silver = ฿3.06 + ฿1.53 (Shipping) = ฿4.59
10 packs of Camel Blue = ฿3.25 + ฿1.53 (Shipping) = ฿4.78
10 packs of Marlboro Gold = ฿3.83 + ฿1.53 (Shipping) = ฿5.36

If you have any questions please PM me, or contact support@cigs.eu

http://www.cigs.eu — The Europe's leading discount cigarette shop. Worldwide shipping. Now accepting Bitcoins. Affiliates click here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 04:13:17 PM

Nice
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 04:55:35 PM

How about you make the site convert the price from euros to bitcoins on the checkout?

How am I supposed to know how much in bitcoins is €24.40? If that's so I'll tell you that for me BTC 1 == EUR 50, so I owe you BTC 0.50 per my calculations. Is that right? lol
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2012, 04:58:09 PM

How about you make the site convert the price from euros to bitcoins on the checkout?

There is a currency drop-down near the search field (the very top of the page). You can choose Bitcoins as your checkout currency there.

http://www.cigs.eu — The Europe's leading discount cigarette shop. Worldwide shipping. Now accepting Bitcoins. Affiliates click here.
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 10:34:57 AM

3 orders placed so far. Thanks to the Bitcoin community!  Smiley

SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 11:51:59 AM

Does Europe not have Newports  Cry

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 12:07:35 PM

Does Europe not have Newports  Cry

No Newports in stock at the moment. Sorry!

jduck1987

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 04:46:13 PM

I think its great that we have all of these smoke shops accepting bitcoins but when are we going to have a good cigar shop. I would pay greatly for some good cigars that you cant find in the states. I understand the problem of the long shipping time and keeping them fresh but surely there is a way.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 05:14:25 PM

@OP: don't let me get you sidetracked from your business too much, but why does your website say you've been in business 5 years and yet your domain is only 6 months old? I'm sure there is a perfectly good explanation but as your 'About us' page is under construction, your site is an OpenCart page with a free theme (e.g. Not much invested into your business) and your registration information is hidden giving only a potentially bogus residential address in London, I can't say it nevessarily helps build any trust on the side of the consumer.

Keep up the good work (even though I detest smoking, I respect businesses that start from nothing and find success)!

terrytibbs

Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:42:04 PM

Patrick Faber:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003244832370
http://www.tineye.com/search/04bcb75ebcd06a9729024a7edeaac0ab4cf6cf14/

It gets my scammer's seal of approval!
hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 09:47:13 PM

@Matthew - Thanks for the feedback. It is me personally who is in the online tobacco business for 5 years (i.e. warehouse, customer support - 2 people employed, good reputation in the eyes of the postal office, processing companies and customers) - it's the domain name and the 'brand' that are new. Yes, maybe there is a bit of bluff involved, but it is certainly not a lie. I am now in the process of converting all my other (4 in total) websites to accepting Bitcoins as well (first one registered in 2006). The reason for having a couple of shops instead of just one is purely a SEO one (different keywords, different countries), in case you wonder. Same explanation goes for the "About Us" page - the website is brand new. Concerning the template for the OpenCart open-source cart, it is not free actually, and even if it was, it still looks nice in my opinion!

@terrytibbs - yes, the Facebook profile is fake. And the online sale of cigarettes is a shady business.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:48:39 PM

@Matthew - Thanks for the feedback. It is me personally who is in the online tobacco business for 5 years (i.e. warehouse, customer support - 2 people employed, good reputation in the eyes of the postal office, processing companies and customers) - it's the domain name and the 'brand' that are new. Yes, maybe there is a bit of bluff involved, but it is certainly not a lie. I am now in the process of converting all my other (4 in total) websites to accepting Bitcoins as well (first one registered in 2006). The reason for having a couple of shops instead of just one is purely a SEO one (different keywords, different countries), in case you wonder. Same explanation goes for the "About Us" page - the website is brand new. Concerning the template for the OpenCart open-source cart, it is not free actually, and even if it was, it still looks nice in my opinion!

Thanks for clearing it up mate. I have a nose and I can't deny it when it tells me something smells funny, that's all. ^_-

Is it legal for you to mail cigs internationally? I think I've seen this issue addressed on the forums before.

NothinG

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 09:52:31 PM

Add

hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 09:57:51 PM

Is it legal for you to mail cigs internationally? I think I've seen this issue addressed on the forums before.
Well, it is certainly not illegal Smiley It's a complicated business with it's twists.

@NothinG - We don't have these yet unfortunately. Try Kent Convertibles - they're pretty much the same *squeeze the filter for menthol taste* thing.

hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 10:23:59 PM

Thank you! Eight orders in less than two days - a pleasant surprise! (was expecting much more skepticism from the Bitcoin community to be sincere). Seems like Bitcoin is truly taking off! Cheesy

Waiting for first feedback Smiley

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:26:00 PM

Thank you! Eight orders in less than two days - a pleasant surprise! (was expecting much more skepticism from the Bitcoin community to be sincere). Seems like Bitcoin is truly taking off! Cheesy

Waiting for first feedback Smiley

I once polled about the viability of a service like yours but I was advised against it for both legal issues and low demand. In that, I hope tht if you are in fact doing things legally and above board, that your business is a thriving success. Also, I hate smokers, smoking and the attitude that it's okay to do, but I do love me some bitcoin businesses.

Why is your profile photo fake btw?

hoki (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 10:47:11 PM

I once polled about the viability of a service like yours but I was advised against it for both legal issues and low demand. In that, I hope tht if you are in fact doing things legally and above board, that your business is a thriving success. Also, I hate smokers, smoking and the attitude that it's okay to do, but I do love me some bitcoin businesses.

Why is your profile photo fake btw?

The demand is ok (~200-300 organic Google uniques / day / website, except this new one) - hoping to increase conversion with the new design though Tongue Legally wise, there is no law in Moldova that would interdict sending cigarettes through post, so I'm fine. Concerning the morality of smoking, I think it should be an informed decision of an adult person who is responsible for his own health and life. In the end, there are loads of people who enjoy smoking (including myself) and I think it is only fair to offer them the possibility to buy some cheap cigs over the internet.

The Facebook profile photo is fake because I used that fake account to create the Facebook group, that's all. Why would anyone expect I'm gonna put my picture there? Smiley As I mentioned earlier, the cigarette business is quite shady, so a bit of privacy doesn't hurt.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 05:58:43 AM

You can leave your feedback on cigs.eu @ The Bitcoin Review
 Smiley

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 06:58:21 AM

Verynice prices...
I plan to buy. If the prices stay where the are...

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 06:59:02 AM

Verynice prices...
I plan to buy. If the prices stay where the are...

You won't buy if they become cheaper?  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: