Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:26:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New idea for a bitcoin business, free to take.  (Read 1209 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2012, 07:17:24 PM

I've not the skills to impliment this, and would just love to have it.

First, some background.  I have an android smartphone, and a budget type service with Virgin Mobile.  Data is 'unlimited', but it's throttled with a top end limit of about 150Kbps.  I also have an old boombox at work that I have a cassette adapter that lets me use the smartphone as an input.  I've used it to listen to FTL via the low bandwidth shoutcast stream, but at 150Kbps it chokes on the kind of streams from sky1.com and the like.  What I want is a website with a selection of shoutcast feeds from a 'jukebox' that permits me to sent it a small amount of bitcoin, and then choose from a selection of songs from with the genre the channel represents.  For example, the website might ask for supporter donations for randomly chosen music, but take about .05BTC and let the donator choose the next several songs before reverting back to a randomly chosen feed.  It could also have some ads while in random mode, in part, to remind connected listeners that they could direct the programming.  A low bandwidth shoutcast file, of about 64Kbps or so, is needed for me, however.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2012, 11:57:51 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2012, 06:25:03 PM by film2240

I like the idea MoonShadow.I wish there was a site that was designed with creatives like myself in mind,where I can have all my artworks,films,stock photos,soundtracks,e.t.c in one account where payment can all be directed to me in 1 BTC address so that its easier to manage that bittit.I do wish for each customer to pay full price per item instead of building up BTC only to have the full picture made freely available after people finish paying instalments to reveal more of the image. Can the creator of bittit please comeback to me on this? Thanks

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 06:02:04 AM

I like the idea MoonShadow.I wish there was a site that was designed with creatives like myself in mind,where I can have all my artworks,films,stock photos,soundtracks,e.t.c in one account where payment can all be directed to me in 1 BTC address so that its easier to manage that bittit.I do wish for each customer to pay full price per item instead of building up BTC only to have the full picture made freely available after people finish paying instalments to reveal more of the image. Can the creator of bittit please comeback to me on this? Thanks
Have you contacted me somehow and I didn't answer? I can't remember.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 01:02:07 AM

Trintonio, I didn't contact you because the site you currently have doesn't auto approve images/upload meaning that as a filmmaker/photographer/artist, getting my work out there takes far too long which is why I'm drawn to other sites that don't have anyhting to do with Bitcoin (as they actually understand the needs of todays filmmaker/photographers/artists instead of some slow approval process as well as a buggy upload feature with no account to help me keep track of my works like on deviant art.)

Well anyway thats why I can never feel that Bitcoin is fully suitable for my needs.I think bitcoin is suitable for small jobs (internet only businesses) for me but I wouldn't trust it for anyhting more than that (as it's not ready for prime time and and a few things need ironing out before the wider public and myself will embrace it fully).

I'm not sure that things are developing fast enough to keep up.And then there's SolidCoin (another p2P currency) which aims (or claims) to improve things by achieving price parity (as businesses and content sellers like myself don't like a constantly changing value thats more than real world currency) but I'll need to see how this plays out before I even make more use of P2P currencies in general (I'm not supporting/opposing either currency but am simply making suggestions on what needs doing before this whole idea of P2P currency becomes more acceptable for the wider audience)

Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 02:09:11 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 05:40:55 PM by Tritonio

Trintonio, I didn't contact you because the site you currently have doesn't auto approve images/upload meaning that as a filmmaker/photographer/artist, getting my work out there takes far too long
I don't think that two days max to put something on sale is a lot of time to wait. In any case you did contact me about changing the bitcoin address in one of your pictures before but I am asking because you said:
Can the creator of bittit please comeback to me on this? Thanks
Also there is an auto upload feature but I can only give it to verified uploaders. If you needed it so much I could give an auto upload code for the SFW section though even without being fully verified as long as you've uploaded a few pictures first.
which is why I'm drawn to other sites that don't have anyhting to do with Bitcoin (as they actually understand the needs of todays filmmaker/photographers/artists
What they don't understand though is that copyrights will be increasignly harder to enforce (which is the why bittit would work better as sales model in anonymous markets like inside Tor for example)
instead of some slow approval process
Two days. And it's pipelined. Also in most cases pics get approved in less than 24 hours.
as well as a buggy upload feature
What bug did you see? You can either contact me or report it somewhere and I'll fix it.
with no account to help me keep track of my works like on deviant art.
You can sell photos anonymously without a slow account creation process with email confirmations etc. There are people selling photos over Tor on Bittit, ask them to make an account and see if they would... Also you don't really need to keep track of your pictures on the site since you have a different address to receive money for each one of them. So just fire up your wallet app and monitor them from there. What I can do though is to give the picture link from the beginning, before the picture gets approved, so that you can bookmark it then. Another way would be to use the same album ID for all your pictures so that you can group them together and see them all in one place. As for editing its not that easy. First of all editing the price is unfair unless you want to lower it (which I can do for you whenever you want). Chaging the comment could be the easiest to make but I can still do it for you for less hassle than it would take to make an administration page for pictures. Changing the address for the picture is the trickest part but I have already done it for some pictures (I think at least one was your too) if the uploader asks for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: