Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk road  (Read 931 times)
Bricks (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 01:16:31 AM

What's the big deal with the sr?  The beauty of the Tor network is that you just download it, follow the instructions and get on with it?  Using it isn't rocket science, although the underlying engineering certainly is. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 01:22:53 AM

Good question Bricks, what IS the big deal with the Silk Road? You apparently seem to know the answer by the manner in which you phrase your question.

For the benefit of all, why don't you explain why I or anyone here ever want to download this and use it?  Wink
Bricks (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 01:32:19 AM

Well, Herr Garrison,
It represents an exercise in liberty.  Some people guard their privacy more highly than others, whilst others are drawn to the bohemian nature of the SR.  Given the Internet is not owned by any state, it is not for any of us to restrict access to such communications, unless it can be shown beyond reasonable doubt that such activity is detrimental to that state.

Far better that ten guilty men go free than a single innocent man is convicted.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 03:16:42 AM

That hasn't been government policy for quite a while.
altuin

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 06:05:49 AM

I don't support that idea
Allowing 10 guilty men to go free is basically asking for any number of innocent men to lose their lives - You never now the probability that any one criminal - at least - out of the ten is either a serial murderer or a suicide bomber
Net loss = Not worth it
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 06:19:54 AM

I don't support that idea
Allowing 10 guilty men to go free is basically asking for any number of innocent men to lose their lives - You never now the probability that any one criminal - at least - out of the ten is either a serial murderer or a suicide bomber
Net loss = Not worth it

So you volunteer to go to jail or be executed for a crime you didn't commit so others can live in false security?  I doubt it.  Easy to say you don't support ensure the innocent aren't wrongly convicted as long as it isn't you.

Take responsibility for your own life and stop demanding the govt jail/kill innocent people so you can feel safe.  Anything less is pure cowardice.
Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 07:46:00 AM

Well, Herr Garrison,
It represents an exercise in liberty.  Some people guard their privacy more highly than others, whilst others are drawn to the bohemian nature of the SR.  Given the Internet is not owned by any state, it is not for any of us to restrict access to such communications, unless it can be shown beyond reasonable doubt that such activity is detrimental to that state.

"Herr" ...quite the stinging address that.  Undecided

TY, this was a bit better for an explanation.

Now, FWIW Bricks, I agree with you on all points concerned. I would not for a second ask any government to restrict this. The only thing I would question is the usefulness of this particular venue for myself and others with any shred of moral integrity if it provides only access to those goods and services it is allegedly notorious for.

Now if it were the central hub for trading of rare TY Beanie Baby collectibles and My Little Ponies, then you would definitely have my attention.

I will not let any sovereign power restrict my access to collectible plushie toys!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 01:19:50 PM

You sound like the guys we eavesdrop on in Afghanistan. "Don't worry brother, this phone is safe." Then comse the hellfire missile.  Cool

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
abaaj

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 02:36:36 PM

Is it working for you , it's not working here
Jeffrey Boyd Garrison

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 05:36:41 PM

You sound like the guys we eavesdrop on in Afghanistan. "Don't worry brother, this phone is safe." Then comse the hellfire missile.  Cool

That's right, you get right in there and hellfire missile those hacker kids, Hoorah!  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: