Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 12:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now I see how ANY Government can EASILY KILL BTC  (Read 2442 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

You need just to a bit of research before you assume the gov is going to kill BTC, they know they cant win, cause there other currenices they will have to affect, to costy and they dont have the budget for it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:08:40 PM

What do you think?

I think you should stop making silly threads and spend more time reading.

You're a noob, we get it but atleast show your effort in learning. Being spoonfed is not gonna get you anywhere. You will however be mislead by hearsay.

Dont you think we would have had discussed these topics long time ago?

Noob? How old are you 12?  Do you live and operate in the real world or just online?  Are you stuck in the chair at the computer? do u know how life works?

Are you in the COOL clique for BTC? ooooo-- should I try to be your friend?

Get over yourself...seriously.

FOR AS LONG AS THERE IS BITCOIN - there will be new people coming in.

THIS FORUM IS FOR DISCUSSION -- stay OUT OF THE DISCUSSION if you already know everything and had every possible discussion.

I didn't ask if you had this discussion...why would I care if you discussed these things "a long time ago"?  I DIDN'T it is NEW FOR ME

so I WILL DISCUSS THEM!  

And while your IQ may be so low, that you are easily mislead by hearsay, or your time on this earth so limited that you are easily taken advantage of..some of us have succeeded in life and are STILL GROWING

thanks for your time and have a good day.

The only child here is you who typed in CAPs like an idiot.

We get it, you're autistic.

iGROWyourBiz (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:10:42 PM

You need just to a bit of research before you assume the gov is going to kill BTC, they know they cant win, cause there other currenices they will have to affect, to costy and they dont have the budget for it.

I didn't say THE government..I said A government COULD
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:12:40 PM

Why are you still posting? Every post you make only makes this community despise you more.

It's time to create a new account, get informed first, and start over.

/ignored

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
byt411

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:15:16 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 05:28:47 PM by byt411

So? You could go out onto the street and an asteroid COULD crash into your head and kill you.
What you are saying makes no sense at all.

https://www.google.com/search?q=https%3A%2F%2F[Suspicious link removed]%3A51%25+attack&aqs=chrome..69i57.8877j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

It's all good when you know how to use the tools the internet gives you. Relax.

and which one of those is not a general conversation or one with 20 million bunny trails?

which specifically is WHAT I POSITED???

Can't spell correctly, and starts a thread with CAPS on a few WORDS.
That's why no one takes you seriously.

Let me guess, american?

Which word is spelled incorrectly, genius?
and which one of those is not a general conversation or one with 20 million bunny trails?

which specifically is WHAT I POSITED???
WHAT I POSITED???
POSITED

Wow. You seriously need some glasses.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

@ Byt411

Its not Alex, its Mr Autistic that you wanted to quote.
bbeagle

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:19:31 PM

Wow. So much hate on here.

In all seriousness, a government CAN destroy bitcoin, just like they can destroy ANYTHING. Thinking they can't is foolish.

Propaganda can spread popular opinion. All a government needs to do is release news bulletins in the AP that are picked up by newspapers which equate bitcoin to something nefarious. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The more people believe something, the more it becomes true.

In order for bitcoin to become more successful, more people need to use btc. If government keeps slamming it, most of us here will know they're lying - but it will be impossible to spread the word to the majority of people if they just get their information from the newspapers.

It takes a concerted, planned effort by a government to slowly release more and more news articles that equate bitcoin to something bad. They can't outright say a whopper of a lie, or there will be a big pushback. They need to plan and slowly spread little pieces of bad information at a time, until there is nothing really crazily contridictory that people will care to think of it as a scandal.

This is similar to how the republican party in the united states acts. They have half of America believing there is no global warming (either man-made or not) and to think everything scientists say is a lie. This has been 20 years of propaganda that the republican party is winning.
byt411

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:26:16 PM

Wow. So much hate on here.

In all seriousness, a government CAN destroy bitcoin, just like they can destroy ANYTHING. Thinking they can't is foolish.

Propaganda can spread popular opinion. All a government needs to do is release news bulletins in the AP that are picked up by newspapers which equate bitcoin to something nefarious. It doesn't matter if it's true or not. The more people believe something, the more it becomes true.

In order for bitcoin to become more successful, more people need to use btc. If government keeps slamming it, most of us here will know they're lying - but it will be impossible to spread the word to the majority of people if they just get their information from the newspapers.

It takes a concerted, planned effort by a government to slowly release more and more news articles that equate bitcoin to something bad. They can't outright say a whopper of a lie, or there will be a big pushback. They need to plan and slowly spread little pieces of bad information at a time, until there is nothing really crazily contridictory that people will care to think of it as a scandal.

This is similar to how the republican party in the united states acts. They have half of America believing there is no global warming (either man-made or not) and to think everything scientists say is a lie. This has been 20 years of propaganda that the republican party is winning.

The US can destroy the earth if they want, by sending all their Nuclear ICBMs at somewhere on earth.
The OP is talking about some government launching a 51% attack on a coin.

@ Byt411

Its not Alex, its Mr Autistic that you wanted to quote.

Sorry Alex. I will fix it now.
iGROWyourBiz (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:32:07 PM

UNEDUCATED much guys?

"POSITED"

as in: to POSIT a premise? (someone said Google is your friend...so maybe in this instance it would be valid for you to check it out)

that is not a misspelling

But i understand how if you are still in 8th grade, that was not a word on your vocab list yet...
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:53:16 PM

I just learned about the 51% attack.

People say it can't happen because "everyone loves BTC" 

= Who would do that?
= WHO would have that much money to waste just to kill BTC

Seems to me that $60-$100 Million offered @ $10 MILLION Each to 6-10 mine pools would do it...then no more concern about CRYPTO

and BTC is large enough that the media spin on it would count as an EXAMPLE to the masses that crypto doesn't work (perception is reality) and should be stayed away from?

What do you think?

So if I owned a pool and the Feds paid me ten million bucks to shut down the pool,
And i agreed, so what?  My pool is shut down, and miners would join another pool.
So, nothing was accomplished except breaking up a large pool temporarily.

byt411

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:02:46 PM

= Who would do that?

Seems to me that $60-$100 Million offered @ $10 MILLION Each to 6-10 mine pools would do it...then no more concern about CRYPTO

and BTC is large enough that the media spin on it would count as an EXAMPLE to the masses that crypto doesn't work (perception is reality) and should be stayed away from?

What do you think?

So if I owned a pool and the Feds paid me ten million bucks to shut down the pool,
And i agreed, so what?  My pool is shut down, and miners would join another pool.

Wow. You obviously don't understand a 51% attack either.

The gov pays 3 major pools so that they direct their hashrate to create a dishonest chain and make other honest miners' blocks to become orphaned.
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:04:58 PM

What do you think?

You're a noob, we get it but atleast show your effort in learning. Being spoonfed is not gonna get you anywhere. You will however be mislead by hearsay.

Exactly. That's the whole point. And we have countermeasures that we can put into place in the event that this occurs.
We don't even need to hardfork, most miners would switch to another pool anyway.

No, the whole point is that when someone ask you what you think, you show some respect.

These forums are swarming with kids these days. Grow the f*** up!
byt411

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:06:58 PM

What do you think?

Exactly. That's the whole point. And we have countermeasures that we can put into place in the event that this occurs.
We don't even need to hardfork, most miners would switch to another pool anyway.

No, the whole point is that when someone ask you what you think, you show some respect.

LOL. Why start insulting too?
We expressed our opinions and showed the OP other threads where others expressed their opinions.
Then both of you start raging and cursing at us.
iGROWyourBiz (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:14:09 PM

= Who would do that?

What do you think?

unless you owned one of the largest pools, and the other 9 pool owners were paid also (as I said in the original statement)
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:16:42 PM

= Who would do that?

What do you think?

unless you owned one of the largest pools, and the other 9 pool owners were paid also (as I said in the original statement)

Why would the government want to kill something they want to tax?  Makes no sense to them don't you think?

Goes against everything you learned in history class...

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
corebob

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:21:25 PM

What do you think?

We expressed our opinions and showed the OP other threads where others expressed their opinions.

The thread you responded "exactly" to is a pile of poop.
If the original post was also a pile of poop, I wouldn't care. But it wasn't.

Besides, 51% attack is a real threat imo. So far the best defense would be to switch to a currency that uses X11 hashing or something like that.
byt411

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:22:08 PM

= Who would do that?

What do you think?

Why would the government want to kill something they want to tax?  Makes no sense to them don't you think?

For example, the US.
The US sees BitCoin as a competitor to its US Dollar. If everyone treated bitcoin like a currency like the dollar, then it would severly hurt that country's economy, and its government cannot control it.
byt411

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:22:50 PM

What do you think?

WOW. Such insult. "pile of poop". And then you say we are kids.

Please explain why you think it is a "pile of poop", otherwise you have no right to say so.
iGROWyourBiz (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:25:40 PM

hard to tax something you do not completely control

Let me give you a VERY RECENT and VERY similar history lesson

If you were old enough to be on the internet and doing business on it at the time

check out something that was once called

e-gold

which is a forefather of BTC

and understand WHY the government shuts down such things.
corebob

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:27:02 PM

What do you think?

WOW. Such insult. "pile of poop". And then you say we are kids.

Please explain why you think it is a "pile of poop", otherwise you have no right to say so.

Grow up and you will see what I mean
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: