Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 01:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any bulls left?  (Read 2104 times)
pinksheep (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:31:30 PM

Every thread I read seems to be full of dire predictions that bitcoin's best days are over. I can't help but think they're wrong simply due to the various startups working on all sorts of bitcoin developments. Anyone agree with me?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:35:20 PM

Every thread I read seems to be full of dire predictions that bitcoin's best days are over. I can't help but think they're wrong simply due to the various startups working on all sorts of bitcoin developments. Anyone agree with me?

Yes.  The majority here is fixated on (mostly) useless TA and China Ban FUD.  There seems to be a complete lack of awareness of all of the positives going on in the background.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:36:04 PM

I'm a bull. This will be a very nice summer  Grin
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:36:27 PM

Are there any bulls left?
Your timing is off.
BTC is going up every day now.  Smiley

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:38:02 PM

Anyone agree with me?

Everybody agrees with you. Don't worry, these forums are full of trolls who want to buy at cents per bitcoin and get rich then when it grows to gazillions, so that's the source of all the FUD Smiley Just ignore unsubstantiated opinions, everybody tries to affect public opinion in their preferred direction.

i am satoshi
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

You're a few days too late. Even the bears are bullish right now.

lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:39:40 PM

You won't see much bullish posts because the bulls are in the exchanges quietly buying. They feed on FUD.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:40:30 PM

I'm a bull. This will be a very nice summer  Grin

Feeling the same way.  I think there is a lot of money on the sidelines waiting to get in once we're through this downward correction.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

I think the bulls left in disgust at the new crop of bitcoiners. I'm a bull. I'm saving for my honeymoon in BTC. Every spare dollar is going in BTC at whatever the price is.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:44:19 PM

I think the bulls left in disgust at the new crop of bitcoiners. I'm a bull. I'm saving for my honeymoon in BTC. Every spare dollar is going in BTC at whatever the price is.

Hopefully, you will not have to delay the wedding based on the price of BTC.
Eventually, you will have a great honeymoon.   Smiley

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

Everyone is a bull, it just depends on your timescale. All the people posting doom and gloom are interested in bitcoin or they wouldn't be here. Anyone who is short bitcoin is just waiting to cover so they can take their profits and buy back in cheaper. Not everyone can be right Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:47:28 PM

Hopefully, you will not have to delay the wedding based on the price of BTC.
Eventually, you will have a great honeymoon.   Smiley

The wedding date is set. The brides family is paying for it. No worries there. The honeymoon flights are already booked. If bitcoin is still "down" (400% over a year ago is "down", lol), everything will go on a CC to be paid off when BTC rebounds. We'll see... we've got just under 6 months to go.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
frozenminer

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

all he sees is bears i think he means this

http://blog.animalsasia.org/~aafblog/blog_cn/images/s-ThreeDeadBearsToby.jpg
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:52:29 PM

Apart from a hard core of committed doomsayers and pointless maniacs, I would assume that the majority are long term bulls.

I'm not massively arsed about the price this year. It's the long view that counts and it's looking a bit foggy but extremely promising.
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:53:31 PM

Well it all depends on your perspective. I remember when it was creeping past $800 last year and every 2-bit idiot on every IT forum on the planet was like durrrr buy bitcoins it's only gonna go up! I bet a lotttt of those people are hurting right now.

When I started mining altcoins bitcoin was around $650 if I remember correctly and everyone was crying about why hasn't it shot back up to 1000 - now it's under 500 and everyone is complaining that it won't stay above 500. Meanwhile the people that bought or mined when it was at a few dollars are just laughing their asses off in the background.

I think the price it was at when you started becomes a kind of mental anchoring point for a time.
pinksheep (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:57:57 PM

I bought BTC as I need a fairly sizeable sum of money to do something I've always wanted to do. BTC seems like my best, indeed my only option of ever achieving it. I'll either be selling at a very high figure or probably lose all, there's really no in-betweens for me. If it rises far above its current price, I achieve my dream. If I loss everything I've put in, I won't get my dream but I wasn't going to get it anyway, so it's a risk I am prepared to take.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jdun

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:17:03 PM

Well, all the bears have already sold all their bitcoins. If they really think that bitcoin is going to $100 or less, then they're definitely not going to stay in the market. That means that the market is wide open for the bulls. All the people buying now are bulls. And the fact that bitcoin rose from 400 to 475 today means there are more bulls trading bitcoin than there are bears. Bitcoin to the moon!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:44:09 PM

Many Bulls were shy about speaking up when BTC was going down every day.
Now the party is picking up some momentum.

MonadTran

Activity: 181

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:44:52 PM

You know what, I actually figured out I don't care if people are bulls or bears. As long as they are on this forum, they are involved with Bitcoin, in one way or the other. The number of posts on bitcointalk.org seems to grow. More people are joining. If some bears sold their coins, but are still on this forum, guess what they are going to do with their USD? The most pessimistic scenario I can imagine is the price of bitcoin going down, and no bears on the forum. That might mean people are selling and leaving. I don't see this happening. Forum bears are fine. I love you, forum bears. There, I said it.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 06:47:24 PM

sorry but bears don't love you at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: