Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help: Need Bitmain AntMiner command documentation for USB communication  (Read 638 times)
Elvis3000 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:17:20 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 05:15:48 AM by Elvis3000

I'm writing a C program to control a Bitmain Antminer U2 through the USB port directly (not through CGMiner or BFGMiner, etc.), but I can't find any documentation of commands that can be sent/received across the USB COM port.  I've tried to follow through CGMiner and BFGMiner source code, and I see the COM port API calls, but it would be much easier to have some doc (maybe from Antminer) just to list the syntax of all commands.

I'd appreciate if anyone knows where this exists (while I still have some hair left)?

Thanks
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:38:46 AM

I'm writing a C program to control a Bitmain Antminer U2 through the USB port directly (not through CGMiner or BFGMiner, etc.), but I can't find any documentation of all possible commands that can be sent/received from this device.  I've tried to follow through CGMiner and BFGMiner source code, and I see the COM port API calls, but it would be much easier to have some doc or a user manual (maybe from Antminer) just to list the syntax of all commands.

I'd appreciate if anyone knows where this exists (while I still have some hair left)?

Thanks

You've had a look at their git? https://github.com/AntMiner/AntGen1
Elvis3000 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:22:33 AM

Thanks for the response.

I checked it out, it seems to be just hardware schematics, how to use zadig, and info about their GUI for the S2 miner.  I didn't see anything about how to talk to their board using their USB connection (other than how to use CGMiner).

Is it possible there is a standard command set to communicate to ASIC miners that is documented somewhere else?

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:03:46 PM

Thanks for the response.

I checked it out, it seems to be just hardware schematics, how to use zadig, and info about their GUI for the S2 miner.  I didn't see anything about how to talk to their board using their USB connection (other than how to use CGMiner).

Is it possible there is a standard command set to communicate to ASIC miners that is documented somewhere else?

Here's an old version of their cgminer mod: https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer

Maybe there will be something useful in the code?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: