Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed Blade (80 Chip) Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 38859 times)
evolvia31

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:33:48 PM

nicehash.com

When there pool switch to currency i have the problem.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 03:10:33 PM

And you read the warnings

Popular cgminer 3.7.2 is not supported due to the bug in the code. You have to use newer miner. Read FAQ to learn more about it.

Found here

https://nicehash.com/?p=gstarted
evolvia31

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 06:04:46 PM

Ok that's recent this warning, i don't see it this week.

But there are a big problem with the gridseed G-Blade.

The only soft which is 100% compatible is fork from jmordica, all other have bug because G-Blade have 40 chip and not 5 Sad

I try to patch bfgminer to support 40 chip but i'm not good programmer and my patch don't work very well, pool detect 7,8Mh/s against 10,6Mh/s with the jmordica fork of cgminer.
Blisk

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:34:11 AM

I have two blades and with bfgminer they work only on 2.5 to 2.6 MHz
and also one of them after 10 minutes goes DEAD and after restarting says can not write to com port 7
I use 4 port HUB not powered.

With cgminer there is a big problem to make it working.

I use it on windows so is there any advice what to do?
Frequency is 800Mhz

darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:21:39 AM

and also one of them after 10 minutes goes DEAD and after restarting says can not write to com port 7

Frequency is 800Mhz

cgminer works flawless on a raspberry ... super stable at 5.5 on the pool

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
salab

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:22:18 AM

Hi

I played with my blades for few hours, read ton of online materials but did not find solution for my problem.

I connected blades to my home Windows server and the problem is when I start cgminer it does not detect blades. I have to unplug the blades, start cpuminer and then plug usb cables from blades quite fast so cgminer detect the hardware. It is frustrating as server is in the part of the house I have a long walk to and going there to do such stuff manually instead of remote desktop :/
evolvia31

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

without tweak in GC3355.c file BFGminer isn't ready to fully works with gridseed G-Blade,.
Bfgminer support the first gridseed(300Kh/s) but not completely the G-blade (5.5Mh/s).

The reason is first gridseed use 5 chips GC3355 on board, against 40 chips by board with the G-Blade.

I work on a patch but i'm not a guru programmer so actually my patch don't work very well.

I push it to github when it's done.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:13:57 PM

Frequency is 800Mhz

cgminer works flawless on a raspberry ... super stable at 5.5 on the pool

not for me =( ... id give anything to have cgminer working on my rpi but the USB bus resets after a few minutes of mining and miners stop =(
I can only get minerd(cpuminer) to work stable on the USB ports since it seems to communicate differently through them or something... but cpuminer is like 1MH slower and for some reason it doesnt seem to report the pool accepting all the shares generated. Like 2 nonce found messages would scroll past but only 1 accepted at pool ... with no reject meessage either. Happens a few times a minute. So, the avg reported pool hashrate by minerd is like 1-2MH less than cgminer 3.7.2 hosted on a laptop.
I wish I could try bfgminer see if it works more stable on the rpi

The hub I have it all plugged into is powered as well.
So, I dont know wtf the deal is =(

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 10:04:07 PM

not for me =( ... id give anything to have cgminer working on my rpi but the USB bus resets after a few minutes of mining and miners stop =(
I can only get minerd(cpuminer) to work stable on the USB ports since it seems to communicate differently through them or something... but cpuminer is like 1MH slower and for some reason it doesnt seem to report the pool accepting all the shares generated. Like 2 nonce found messages would scroll past but only 1 accepted at pool ... with no reject meessage either. Happens a few times a minute. So, the avg reported pool hashrate by minerd is like 1-2MH less than cgminer 3.7.2 hosted on a laptop.

I used a fresh debian install ... and the orginal cgminer from andreed ... wrong hashrate ... but doesn't matter ... and changed the cmdline ... slub_flag or something like this ... and it works stable 48h and more

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 02:12:31 AM

I used a fresh debian install ... and the orginal cgminer from andreed ... wrong hashrate ... but doesn't matter ... and changed the cmdline ... slub_flag or something like this ... and it works stable 48h and more

Yeah I tried that flag, same behaviour =( ... oh well guess its fucked.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Blisk

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:01:38 AM

I have noticed alot of duplicated shares by gridseed blade, have anyone else that problem?

sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 01:38:48 AM

Anyone using cpuminer? Care to post your results?

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:02:41 AM

Anyone using cpuminer? Care to post your results?

I tried it and its way slower than cgminer 3.7.2 =( ... at least using my pi as host, which come to find out it was having major USB issues w/ the gblades... so maybe thats why it was slow.

tc61

Activity: 494

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:21:34 AM

Sandor111,

First thanks for all the work.

So far the new 90a work fine with my usb pod gridseeds, but it has a few problems with my gridseed blade.

1. Each 40 chip board starts off fine, 10-30 minutes in one will slowly start to slow down until no hashes are reported, then the other will stop also.
2. I am running the Pods and the Blade on separate instances.
3. Is there a way to run them both on the same instance , where the 10 pods can be auto tuned and the two 40 chip blades can be set for a hard freq?

Thanks

TC
sandor111

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:42:21 AM

Sandor111,

First thanks for all the work.

So far the new 90a work fine with my usb pod gridseeds, but it has a few problems with my gridseed blade.

1. Each 40 chip board starts off fine, 10-30 minutes in one will slowly start to slow down until no hashes are reported, then the other will stop also.
2. I am running the Pods and the Blade on separate instances.
3. Is there a way to run them both on the same instance , where the 10 pods can be auto tuned and the two 40 chip blades can be set for a hard freq?

Thanks

TC

@Anyone with G-Blades: If you could upload the full miner log with debug output, that would be helpful.

For now, seperate instances is the only way, but it's a good idea to specify which devices should be autotuned. I'll think about adding that.

tc61

Activity: 494

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:00:58 AM

Sandor111,

Can you tell me how to capture the debug for you?
DocGonzzo

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 06:32:31 PM

If anyone with a blade is willing to try this out, I have been working to include blade support on Scripta, a RPi controller for Scrypt hashing. Here is link to my latest attempt to incorporate the blade:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YZMRUZgA!aCRXr1W860jcic5bl12fbSRpHZwSX0WEgmu4PcuZlDE
The image is unzipped at 15gb, but that is just the size card I was using, it should easily fit on 8gb

This is still in alpha/beta development, but without a blade of my own it is tough to test.
Here is the repo for the development branch of Scripta: https://github.com/DocGonzzo/scripta
And here is the original Scripta announcement: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.0

Please be aware that although the BTC cores should not be running, it would probably be wise to keep an eye on the device temp when running this distro
sandor111

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 09:54:33 PM

Anyone tried the latest cpuminer (0.9c)? Should be working fine with G-Blades now.

DocGonzzo

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:34:35 PM

If anyone with a blade is willing to try this out, I have been working to include blade support on Scripta, a RPi controller for Scrypt hashing. Here is link to my latest attempt to incorporate the blade:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YZMRUZgA!aCRXr1W860jcic5bl12fbSRpHZwSX0WEgmu4PcuZlDE
The image is unzipped at 15gb, but that is just the size card I was using, it should easily fit on 8gb

This is still in alpha/beta development, but without a blade of my own it is tough to test.
Here is the repo for the development branch of Scripta: https://github.com/DocGonzzo/scripta
And here is the original Scripta announcement: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.0

Please be aware that although the BTC cores should not be running, it would probably be wise to keep an eye on the device temp when running this distro

That didnt upload right. This should work: https://mega.co.nz/#!ZVkACTAD!aCRXr1W860jcic5bl12fbSRpHZwSX0WEgmu4PcuZlDE

Img MD5: e6b37001d1ffe04dde848a9d9fcf1a7b
Zip MD5: 0541e3e2e65a243de9b352a64bbf92c2
digitizing

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 12:52:59 AM

Is this one blade or 20 unit of gridseed blade (total 40 blade) ?

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: