Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SupperHappyDevHouse - Mexico City  (Read 2998 times)
fabianhjr (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 02:59:44 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2011, 11:34:36 AM by fabianhjr

So, many of you could not be familiar with the event:
-DevHouse is a Hackathon with a party mood intended for people to share and learn. It started in Silicon Valley and has expanded Worldwide. It is a non-exlusive event were everyone can participate. Mexico is the first, and to my knowledge, the only latin-american country to host at least 1 SupperHappyDevHouse.

As of this specific instance it will be:
-This saturday from 10AM to 10PM local time.(GMT-6/Mexico City)
-It is expected for 500 people to attend.
-We are all looking for interesting stuff.
-I am going to lead on decentralization

So, basically, this thread is a throw all your ideas! I will print them several time at Friday noon so we don't run out of stuff. I am going to edit this post as Ideas pop on-topic.
-Decentralization
--Finances/Economics
---Bitcoin
----Wallet encryption
----Manage multiple wallets
----Easier addresses?(DNS)
----Automatically Rescan on wallet/s change/s.
----Close an address to avoid future incoming transactions in case of a wallet being compromised.
---Financial Institutions
----WOT for credit, insurance, and brokerage.(Similar to Ripple with a truly decentralized approach)
--Communications
---GSM Network(OpenBTS)
---Internet Infrasturcure(OpenMesh Project)
---BitDNS the only constraint right now is the "keep the blocks clean" vs "don't fragment the network"

Why decentralize? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkmcupFx3FQ
So, feel free to suggest anything!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davux

Activity: 288
Merit: 263

Firstbits.com/1davux

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 04:41:53 AM

So, many of you could not be familiar with the event:
-DevHouse is a Hackathon with a party mood intended for people to share and learn. It started in Silicon Valley and has expanded Worldwide. It is a non-exlusive event were everyone can participate. Mexico is the first, and to my knowledge, the only latin-speaking country to host at least 1 SupperHappyDevHouse.

As of this specific instance it will be:
-This saturday from 10AM to 10PM local time.(GMT-6/Mexico City)
-It is expected for 500 people to attend.
-We are all looking for interesting stuff.
-I am going to lead on decentralization

OK, but... where? Is there any information about the event?

Also, shouldn't you post the announcement on the Spanish-speaking forum as well (or first, even)?

And last: I don't understand the "decentralization" part.

1DavuxH9tLqU4c7zvG387aTG4mA7BcRpp2
México (Oaxaca) – France - Leeds
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 08:40:21 AM

OK, but... where? Is there any information about the event?

http://shdhmexicocity.org/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 11:31:10 AM

I always liked decentralization efforts and would be organizing interested parties into exploring and developing these.

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 02:39:36 AM

So, nobody has any wishes of ideas to be explored or features to be developed? That is weird, I will have to read trough all the wiki to see if I find something then. Tongue

No realy, this is the moment to let your imagination fly, just post the first thing that pops to your mind.

ffe

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 02:43:06 AM

- Using easy names for keys
fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 11:53:36 PM

Added to the list, please it is a good chance for features to be implemented!

ffe

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 14, 2011, 11:33:52 PM

Assume you're a business that published a (therefore well known) public key as the address to send money to. If the secret key is compromised/stolen the owner may want to stop people from sending him money on that key.

A new transaction type that retires a public key is required. It needs to be signed by it's own corresponding secret key so only the owner can create the transaction. Clients that see that transaction will know the key is compromised and know that any transaction that transfers money to the key is invalid.

In the meantime the legitimate owner publishes a new key.
fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 01:45:42 AM

Hey, that's a neat idea! This is the sort of thing I was expecting! :-)

nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 09:48:01 AM

I doubt many people in Mexico can speak Latin.

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 12:38:40 PM

Not latin itself, just spanish, which is derived from latin, so we are still a latin-american country. Sorry for the confusion, I meant latin-america. xD

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 01:06:40 PM

Is there a website or anywhere this is going to be streamed / uploaded?
The whole thing is going to be in Spanish right?

When is it coming to Chile  Cheesy

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
nanaimogold

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 09:29:51 PM

Not latin itself, just spanish, which is derived from latin, so we are still a latin-american country. Sorry for the confusion, I meant latin-america. xD

If that's what you meant, the word is Romance, not Latin, which includes the French, English and Portuguese speakers of America too.

Something else I don't understand. Supper Happy Dev House, are you people going to be eating supper together?

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2011, 09:40:37 PM

If that's what you meant, the word is Romance, not Latin, which includes the French, English and Portuguese speakers of America too.

Something else I don't understand. Supper Happy Dev House, are you people going to be eating supper together?

I didn't think English was a romance language and romance language basically means "from common latin". The word romance has nothing to do with love and everything with Ancient Rome and their version of Latin.
Most of the people here (Latin America) speak one of those (mostly Spanish / Portuguese but a little of the others) so they call it Latin America.

If I'm way off someone correct me, don't bother with insignificant details though... Grin

moneyandtech.com
nanaimogold

View Profile
April 15, 2011, 09:49:54 PM

I didn't think English was a romance language and romance language basically means "from common latin". The word romance has nothing to do with love and everything with Ancient Rome and their version of Latin.
Most of the people here (Latin America) speak one of those (mostly Spanish / Portuguese but a little of the others) so they call it Latin America.

If I'm way off someone correct me, don't bother with insignificant details though... Grin

Don't bother telling me what to say. I'm all for freedom of speech. Your delusion that Mexicans speak Latin is not an "insignificant detail".

Of course English is a Romance language.

And please answer the question, does the component "Supper" in your function's name indicate that you will be eating together?

PS: Know that the OP has since edited his post. It changed the original "latin speaking country" to latin-american country.

fabianhjr (OP)

Do The Evolution

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 03:29:43 AM

Yep, and I apologized for the confusion. I don't know what you imply by "supper". >_>

As far as you nanaimo, I suggest you go to Ideas Meeting in Victoria, BC. Pretty near from you!
(707 Belleville Street, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada) - Canadian Lawn Bowling Club
There you will meet a lot of hackers and get to know what this events look like, you may also join the makerspace. :3

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

nanaimogold

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 07:38:10 AM

Still I implore.

What are they having for supper?

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2011, 02:54:09 PM

Don't bother telling me what to say. I'm all for freedom of speech. Your delusion that Mexicans speak Latin is not an "insignificant detail".

Of course English is a Romance language.

I'm confused here. I'm not saying Mexicans speak Latin. I'm saying that they speak Spanish which comes from Latin along with a few other languages.
Also as far as everything I've ever seen English is Germanic and not a Romance Language.

I am also curious what is for dinner though.
I miss being able to find good Mexican food.

moneyandtech.com
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2011, 02:59:31 PM

I'm confused here. I'm not saying Mexicans speak Latin. I'm saying that they speak Spanish which comes from Latin along with a few other languages.
Also as far as everything I've ever seen English is Germanic and not a Romance Language.

That's my understanding, too, and also Wikipedia's: English is a Germanic language, not a Romance language. I'd imagine there's some Romance influence on English, by way of Classical Latin, Vulgar Latin and Norman French, but it's most Germanic thanks to the Angles and Saxons.

I have no idea about supper.

This space intentionally left blank.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2011, 03:20:41 PM

That's my understanding, too, and also Wikipedia's: English is a Germanic language, not a Romance language. I'd imagine there's some Romance influence on English, by way of Classical Latin, Vulgar Latin and Norman French, but it's most Germanic thanks to the Angles and Saxons.

I have no idea about supper.

Of course modern English has a lot of different influences especially French which is a Romance Language.
I don't mind talking about the languages but we need to stop talking about food. I'm hungry as hell.

Hopefully this happens again sometime I can make it or closer to Chile.

moneyandtech.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: