Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 01:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So.. what the hell happened today?  (Read 4417 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:40:10 PM

Every single time I have attempted short term trading, I have lost money Cheesy luckily I have only lost some pocket money that way, big gains sit in long term holdings. I'd still say it's greed whether you admit it or not. If you're not greedy, take that beer money profit Cheesy and you'd be always a winner. But who wants beer money? That's not exciting at all. So short term trading becomes gambling.

Exactly. It is about winning and excitement (i.e. fucking gambling). Perhaps it is greed in a certain respect, but when I 'win' I tend to be overly generous in redistribution of wealth amongst friends/family and of course much more extravagant with my own spending decisions. So it isn't a deep rooted obsession with accumulation that is really driving me in my trading as much as I would like to rationalise with myself that it was......

..... reality is that I have become a obsessive compulsive Bitcoin gambling addict and it has taken a heavy hit to get me away from it. Probably many around here are or were in the same position as I am, whether they openly admit to their monumental fuck-ups or not is another matter.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:41:38 PM

Ok, tell me about these important news, that have taken place in the previous months and that I have missed then, and how they are causing positive effects to the bitcoin price  Grin

How are you ever going to learn to find them on your own if people just conveniently hand them over?

A typical mindless religious zealot Smiley Not actually debating the arguments or answering the questions, but instead desperately trying to insult the opponent Smiley

I have been following the news, and like I said, there are no news that would have an strong enough positive effect on the price.
And we confirm this by... *drums.....* ...by looking at the past price history and not seeing any sustainable positive effects on the price.  Grin

You guys are like characters from of an absurd comedy!

+1000

Most banks will close accounts on April 18th. Let's wait until then. If nothing happens, I'll become bullish

Plain and simple suck it bear boy !!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:44:12 PM

I could lose by suffering from terrible market exit and entry timing which can only be down to some psychological flaw that I suffer from but can't recognise what it is.

It is greed. Once you realize you can't have it all, and be content with just having 1000% per year, you will never lose again Wink

...lolz only 1000%  you are rather bearish in your outlook Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:47:15 PM

Every single time I have attempted short term trading, I have lost money Cheesy luckily I have only lost some pocket money that way, big gains sit in long term holdings. I'd still say it's greed whether you admit it or not. If you're not greedy, take that beer money profit Cheesy and you'd be always a winner. But who wants beer money? That's not exciting at all. So short term trading becomes gambling.

Exactly. It is about winning and excitement (i.e. fucking gambling). Perhaps it is greed in a certain respect, but when I 'win' I tend to be overly generous in redistribution of wealth amongst friends/family and of course much more extravagant with my own spending decisions. So it isn't a deep rooted obsession with accumulation that is really driving me in my trading as much as I would like to rationalise with myself that it was......

..... reality is that I have become a obsessive compulsive Bitcoin gambling addict and it has taken a heavy hit to get me away from it. Probably many around here are or were in the same position as I am, whether they openly admit to their monumental fuck-ups or not is another matter.

take a position ... from somebody who has gone through 3 of these once it goes it goes like a freight train ... "THIS IS IT"

i dont know what more you need as a signal ...dancing girls ...lolz

Also i agree with the previous poster shorting btc is an insane risk ..especially in this market ..and now ..NO FUCKING WAY ...

2 mins and we are getting 10% rises that would take out most leveraged postions

OBJECT NOT FOUND
g4c

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 10:51:11 PM

what the hell happened today?

The same thing as has happened before and will happen again, the start over an overly optimistic rise (bubble).

Bitcoin has never fallen below a logarithmic rise trend, it does tend to get ahead of itself though which results in a "crash" return to the lower channel.

These bubbles will diminish in relative amplitude as the market grows.

CORTEX7 Multi exchange Bitcoin trading client for Win, Mac, Nix, Android.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:55:56 AM

market punishes sentiment as always
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:28:35 AM

And we have a solution to that long time ago. Most people here have a cold storage that is really hard to open (involving a trip to the bank or another obscure location to have time to think is what you are doing a right thing), and the "gambling" money which is something small but still substantial, I don't know, like 50 btc. If you win, you move the profits to the cold place, if you lose well tough luck, replenish only with fiat Wink

i am satoshi
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:33:18 AM

Ok Im panic buying. OMG we are going to be so rich ! /sarcasm
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: