Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 11:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 1381 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:26:50 PM

Your post contradicts itself. You admit that the house always wins in the long run, yet you think your daily returns will average out to a positive return at the end of the week? If you want investors you'll need to better explain how you think you can beat the house, in either the short or long term, and what you plan to do if you lose the money.

Thank you for your feedback. I have updated the thread with a bit more information :-)

We basically are not going to try to beat the house the odds. The house will win 1% more bets than us in the long run no matter what. To put it in very simple terms, the goal is to keep the bets insignificantly low for most of the losses and higher for most of wins possible.

If losses reach 10% for the day, everything will be stopped no matter what and the will be updated.
There also will be a max profit cap of 50% to keep things safe. After reaching 50% profit all betting will stop for the day and thread will be updated.

No more than 0.25% of bankroll will EVER be wagered. That means we would be able to lose 40 FULL bets IN A ROW before the 10% loss threshold is reached and betting is stopped.

The chances for 40 losses in a row at 49.5% is ridiculously low. Personally have wagered 20 million bets and simulated 50 million bets and the most losses in a row even at 40% was 23.
This is just an example of the discipline. I HAVE NO PLANS IN WAGERING FULL BETS RECKLESSLY.

I think the smart thing to do is always get a new account also, dont use the same account, less risk as well, right?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
melds39 (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:42:29 PM

I think the smart thing to do is always get a new account also, dont use the same account, less risk as well, right?
Risk of what? Changing accounts will not make much difference. The number of bets in the account is also taken into account when creating the hash for the rolls, but it doesn't matter.  It's easier to change client seeds.

9inety7even

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 10:53:13 PM

Ok, you clearly can't be convinced, so let me ask you a very simple question.

If it's possible to make money from playing dice, why doesn't everybody do it?
I know what you are trying to say. Gamblers are gamblers, but it is a ONE percent house edge. There a reason the house limits the amount they will risk per bet. They aren't trying to get a small return and be at peace. They are betting half their BR per bet etc...
Whales and fish feeds the house and the disciplined :-)

No actually, the disciplined lose money just like everybody else. I'll leave you this http://wizardofodds.com/gambling/betting-systems/

Roulette has 5x the house edge.

Also, to everyone else... If you think a bot is better, use a bot. If you think there's no way to profit, don't play. It is as simple as that.

But it still has a house edge. That you can't, and won't beat.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

either you don't understand what you're talking about, or you do, and you're a scammer. which one are you?
9inety7even

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:22:00 PM

either you don't understand what you're talking about, or you do, and you're a scammer. which one are you?

Finally somebody else who sees this for what it is. Thanks.

melds39 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:49:33 PM

Really? If you have a dice bot and rather use that, go ahead. I'm not claiming to guarantee profits everyday. You might go a whole week without seeing profits. THAT'S WHY IT'S GAMBLING.

That being said, I'm funding the pool myself with 0.1 btc and will be updating everyday. :-)

9inety7even

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:58:59 PM

Really? If you have a dice bot and rather use that, go ahead. I'm not claiming to guarantee profits everyday. You might go a whole week without seeing profits. THAT'S WHY IT'S GAMBLING.

That being said, I'm funding the pool myself with 0.1 btc and will be updating everyday. :-)

So why should people invest with you instead of in the house? They're doing the exact same thing you are but with better odds.

melds39 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

So why should people invest with you instead of in the house? They're doing the exact same thing you are but with better odds.

Well, if you invest, your investment will be a tiny portion of the house's bankroll. Your investment is safer with the house, but you will also make much less.

If you want something 100% safe in the long run invest in the house. :-)

melds39 (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:13:16 PM

4% profit today after a little amount of betting, since I'm the only one in the pool.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: