Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:07:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of a new Coin  (Read 673 times)
madhanreddyg (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:57:12 PM

Hi Can any one tell who will decide the value of New Coins...? ? ? ? ? Huh??[/size][/size][/size][/size] Huh Huh Huh
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:03:55 PM

God.
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:05:59 PM

Hi Can any one tell who will decide the value of New Coins...? ? ? ? ? Huh??[/size][/size][/size][/size] Huh Huh Huh
Simple. The market will.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:15:45 PM

You mean a new altcoin or a bitcoin

please unban me.
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:43:18 PM

Bitcoin is dead, and what is an altcoin? All are coins
Soappa

Activity: 569

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:03:57 PM

Bitcoin is dead

Sarcasm? I can't really tell you are serious or not lol.  Smiley

gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:17:49 PM

Market and there are so many alts but only bitcoin and litecoin are successful. I think maybe there will be better coin then BTC but now as we see all other alts are worthless.
madhanreddyg (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:49:48 PM

Whts wrong in my question guys now a days so many coins r coming thts why iam asking will exchange decide or coin dev decides the price HuhHuh?
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:56:11 PM

Altcoin Market is very saturated right now, Depends on the quality of your coin and ur skills

please unban me.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:20:45 PM

Whts wrong in my question guys now a days so many coins r coming thts why iam asking will exchange decide or coin dev decides the price HuhHuh?
The market will.
The sellers will set the initial price, and if people are willing to buy for that price, that's where the price level will be.
However, if the buyers think it's to high and none buys, then the sellers will lower the price. And if many people wants to buy it instead, then the sellers will raise the price, since people will buy anyway.
So, as already stated in this thread, the market decides.
cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 04:24:08 PM

And one more thing you might already know, but you might be over-optimistic: you must have noticed that there are 100+ coins, so if you have logics, you will see that creating another one without adding some kind of value to it, is nonsense.

Bitcoin is DEAD
laserfocus

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:29:15 PM

So many factors influence the value and price of new coins:

1. Name
2. Number of coins released
3. How the coin is distributed
4. Innovative features
5. Strength of community

For a coin to have long term value it eventually needs to be used by merchants to buy real goods and services.
majorminers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:05:00 PM

Hi Can any one tell who will decide the value of New Coins...

The value stored in the blockchain ledger used by a coin grows with the coin's user base and economy.  

I've been working on methods to quantify this and I've found some startling relationships.  The value V of bitcoin's ledger appears to follow Metcalfe's Law such that V is proportional to the square of N, where N is what I refer to as the generalized user base.  Below is a log chart of bitcoin's Metcalfe Value versus its market cap over its complete price history:

The market price dances about the value trying to predict what will happen next.  

Each community members adds a different ΔN-value to the coin.  Someone like Patrick M. Byrne (CEO of Overstock) brings a large ΔN-value to bitcoin because his involvement has a pronounced effect on the coin's economy.  Someone with 0.1 BTC that enjoys gambling at just-dice.com brings a smaller (but still positive) ΔN-value to the community.  

The question is "what community should you join if you want your contributions to be maximized?"

Since

V = c N2,

by differentiating we get

ΔV = 2 c N  ΔN = √(4 c V) ΔN.

This means that the value you bring to the community (ΔV) is proportional to how productive you are (ΔN) but scaled up by the square root of the value that already resides in the community.  In other words, if you know yourself to have positive productivity and if you want to maximize the value of your contributions, you should join the community that is already the most productive.  

Now that's an answer! It certainly agrees with common sense and logic. The more people use the currency, the more valuable it is to everyone. Thanks for your effort with this response.

juanbond

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:22:10 PM

The value of any currency or commodity is simply the value that the market places on it.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 06:14:44 PM

Buyers

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: