Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:22:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's tell Amazon that we want them to accept bitcoin!  (Read 2974 times)
BTCtrader71 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

Mr. Bezos,

I've been a long-time customer of Amazon and have admired your company and your abilities for a long time.

Your most memorable quote, for me, was "Amazon is not happening to book selling; the future is happening to book selling."

In the payments space we have new forms of payment entering the marketplace.  Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are poised to disrupt the payments marketplace in much the same way Amazon has in it's chosen areas of interest.  As the future happened to booksellers it is now happening to payments processors.

When I read that Amazon had not heard from it's customers on this issue, and, therefore was not interested in implementing Bitcoin, I was surprised for a variety of reasons.  I also saw it as an opportunity to make my voice heard.

There are numerous benefits to consumers and retailers in utilizing Bitcoin and I am certain that through some interaction with the Bitcoin community and investigation of the benefits of this protocol, Amazon may decide to re-evaluate it's position on these emerging forms of payment.

As one of Amazon's customers, I am looking forward to the day when I can order a product through Amazon paid for in Bitcoin.....and delivered by a drone.

Perfect. Smiley

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:30:35 PM

Rather than copying this letter, people should each write their own letter as it will have more impact than if they receive a hundred "clone" letters. Print it out and mail it for maximum effect.
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:31:15 PM

As mentioned before make sure you put a lot of thought into what you write as you're taking it upon yourself to represent the Bitcoin community when writing your mail.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:32:26 PM

Rather than copying this letter, people should each write their own letter as it will have more impact than if they receive a hundred "clone" letters. Print it out and mail it for maximum effect.
+1

letters from the prospective of true customers with all their flaws of not being business minded sound better then a cloned letter

As mentioned before make sure you put a lot of thought into what you write as you're taking it upon yourself to represent the Bitcoin community when writing your mail.

we are not representing bitcoin (meaning we are not bitcoin customer service reps) we are amazon customer representing our own preferences of bitcoin over the other options. dont be too sales pitchy, just tel thm that you want bitcoin because you see the benefits of bitcoin from a customers prospective.

what i means to say about bitcoin representation. means that we all use fiat as well. but when we ask businesses to accept fiat, do we all act sales pitchy.. or do we just say, 'im interested in fiat, please accept fiat in the forms of x,y,z

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:33:32 PM

+1

letters from the prospective of true customers with all their flaws of not being business minded sound better then a cloned letter
Definitely. Make it seems personal, let them understand that you're people like everybody else and not robots.

jr3951

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:08:37 PM

Sending letters about accepting an internet currency through regular mail?  Cheesy

but yes, Ive sent in mine and every bitcoin/amazon user that would like this implemented should let them know, I also let them know I will be doing my shopping through Overstock until bitcoin is implemented, I'm not sure if money should be considered speech, but it is certainly a financial vote
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:16:14 PM

What if we asked them to do a trial run and start by accepting bitcoin payment from their Prime members?
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:32:27 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

I have recievied and read every letter and after lots of meetings Amazon will start taking Bitcoin.

if you have any other concerns please call my personal cell number. 702-555-1212

Jeff Bezos
CEO Amazon.com INC

apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:37:10 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

I have recievied and read every letter and after lots of meetings Amazon will start taking Bitcoin.

if you have any other concerns please call my personal cell number. 702-555-1212

Jeff Bezos
CEO Amazon.com INC

Lol, this sounds like a very personal response. Care to provide a screenshot?

BTCtrader71 (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:39:39 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

Jeff Bezos
CEO Amazon.com INC

Perhaps we should place bets on when this will happen! Wink

Seriously, I think Amazon will accept it eventually. They're just biding their time.

So, my bet is that we can buy stuff from Amazon and pay directly in bitcoin starting:

August 15, 2014

Who else has a prediction?

BTC: 14oTcy1DNEXbcYjzPBpRWV11ZafWxNP8EU
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 11:19:09 PM

"Let's tell Amazon that we want them to accept bitcoin!"

I did. It was a brief statement letting them know that I'd prefer to pay directly in bitcoin.

It's interesting to watch the struggle for adoption, especially for an online company. In the 90's people said "No one would ever put their credit card information online". There were so many headaches when dealing with online payments back then (still are a few).
I wonder how bitcoin would have been received 20 years ago (because that's at least how overdue this technology for cryptographic currency is)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:21:18 PM

"Let's tell Amazon that we want them to accept bitcoin!"

I did. It was a brief statement letting them know that I'd prefer to pay directly in bitcoin.

It's interesting to watch the struggle for adoption, especially for an online company. In the 90's people said "No one would ever put their credit card information online". There were so many headaches when dealing with online payments back then (still are a few).
I wonder how bitcoin would have been received 20 years ago (because that's at least how overdue this technology for cryptographic currency is)

Hopefully we won't have to wait several years for this to happen, as people nowadays are better at adapting to new technology.

Deviant1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:31:30 PM

I couldn't believe when I read that Amazon said they weren't going to accept Bitcoin especially after Overstock's huge success with it. So Overstock's customers embraced Bitcoin and Amazon's won't?! What am I missing here?
apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:32:54 PM

I couldn't believe when I read that Amazon said they weren't going to accept Bitcoin especially after Overstock's huge success with it. So Overstock's customers embraced Bitcoin and Amazon's won't?! What am I missing here?
When did they say they weren't going to accept Bitcoins? They haven't confirmed either, they're on the contrary saying they're not going to discuss rumors. However they haven't said "We'll never accept Bitcoins". That'd just be stupid.

apsvinet

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:48:40 PM

I'm a prime member and shop almost exclusively on Amazon so I sent an email as soon as I heard the news. Glad others are voicing their opinions as well. Who should we set our sites on next?
What other large order websites are there? I guess eBay would be one website to aim for, but however that would require the SELLERS ( all individuals ) to accept bitcoins. However the option should be available for everyone.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: