Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a new idea about decentralization  (Read 1038 times)
dreamz (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:48:21 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2012, 12:38:14 PM by dreamz

Here is my concept of organization democracy: http://x.co/dreamz. you can read example one firstly, Thanks for your attention!

1. I have thought of taking BTC as example, but it is not well-known as dollar. My blog adds a picture so people could imagine what the ballot would like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 08, 2012, 10:58:37 PM

Here is my concept of organization democracy: http://x.co/dreamz. you can read example one firstly, Thanks for your attention!

Quote from: http://x.co/dreamz
Democracy Organization
       Income split democratically, without distinguish part or fully time work. At first, I have no credit, but we can start money split from a small account (such as 1$). I think the first step is building  an online system that other people could utilize this concept, I prefer an open source project. If you accept this concept and want to take part in, please contact me.

Twitter: DreamzXu
Email:   Dreamz.xu@gmail.com

BASIC IDEA:

There are many discuss to organization democracy, most of them are focus on decision democracy. Here will focus on limited resources distribution by the way of democracy, every member make decision with free will. Assume that everyone has equal rights to distribute resources of their own organization, the goal is who get more or less resource, for some examples: who get more salary or prize? who's paper issue firstly? Which research project accepts more support? In this organization, take every member as both voter and candidate, everyone has the same rights to vote (to easy operation, 2 to 10 votes is ok, include one likely self-selection) and get proportionally (for some situation, such as contest prize, members get non-proportional with votes).

Example 1: Profit split.
       A team of 20 people get 1000$, assume everyone have 5 vote rights. If someone accepts 6 votes, he gets: 6*1000$/ (5*20) =60$;
Another unlucky people who get 4 votes, he gets 40$.

Example 2: Both participant and referee.
      Ten musician hold a music party, to rating who are the best performance. They can vote each other (two to nine votes for one), everyone accepts rates from 0 to 10 vote, the top performance would get 10 votes.

Example 3: Land Mars.
      Some people want to land Mars, but they have no money, so each one make a plan and rating anonymously, the most rate plan execute firstly.

Other situations
      In fact, luck is a part of life. For online voting system, it is easy to add or delete one election randomly for every ballot and disable self-selection. Random factor would enhance voter's anonymity and reduce class concept. Some people may argue that salary should be privacy, but in most situations, only partial salary will decided by this way, a member spent how much proportion of his part for work or salary is privacy.

Download this file: Demotxt.pdf

Can't...tell..if..serious..

dreamz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 12:00:35 AM

Aha, Grin I think the world should be managed by this way.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 12:01:27 AM

From what I can tell from the very short "proposal" is that people with money make all the rules. Congratulations! The world IS managed this way already!

dreamz (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 12:09:14 AM

Money are the special example, many other limited resources could distributed by this way.
Mihai Alisie

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 04:06:06 PM

Money are the special example, many other limited resources could distributed by this way.
Could you some other examples?

From what I can tell from the very short "proposal" is that people with money make all the rules. Congratulations! The world IS managed this way already!
Where is the democracy then?
petala

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 09:15:21 PM

What about voting using a BTC blockchain like system.

For a vote to a candidate send him like 1 BTC to his address. The more BTC he ends up having the more votes he has etc. ?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 09:29:45 PM

For a vote to a candidate send him like 1 BTC to his address. The more BTC he ends up having the more votes he has etc. ?

So if I have 1 million BTC and you have 1 BTC then my vote is worth 1 million of your votes?  Hmm I wonder what could go wrong with that.
petala

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 10:03:20 PM

So if I have 1 million BTC and you have 1 BTC then my vote is worth 1 million of your votes?  Hmm I wonder what could go wrong with that.

Well. Thinking fail on my part.

But I think you know what I mean.

Make sure each person can only vote once and each vote is only counted once. Eg not like in Russian elections where 140% of people voted LOL.

Also need to make sure that voting is not expensive ( 1 BTC is too much ), though, on the other hand this can be used to fund the politician's campaign another time etc.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 10:03:59 PM

So if I have 1 million BTC and you have 1 BTC then my vote is worth 1 million of your votes?  Hmm I wonder what could go wrong with that.

Well. Thinking fail on my part.

But I think you know what I mean.

Make sure each person can only vote once and each vote is only counted once.

Also need to make sure that voting is not expensive ( 1 BTC is too much ), though, on the other hand this can be used to fund the politician's campaign another time etc.

If you can verify each person is suppose to vote and only votes once you don't need a block chain.
dreamz (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 03:01:08 PM

I add a ballot picture in my blog.
dreamz (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 11:30:53 AM

Any new clue?