Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:17:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will BTC stay above 500 for now?  (Read 1933 times)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:21:57 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 09:46:35 AM by MatTheCat

..lolz ...its all good

I think you should read a good book called "trading in the zone"

You need a dose of the "PSYCHOLOGY of TRading "

Its not about being right or wrong ...but more about defining your risk and adapting as soon as information says there has been a change

But is it though?

I see a whole lot of euphoria but am having trouble identifying where all the new adopters are. Could it be that this break out has been triggered by the same old fratnernity of pre-existing Bitcoin investors and shark manipulators? If so, then for how much longer can Bitcoin continue to go vertical. Taking a long punt a few days ago would have been a class trade. Taking a long yesterday when Bitcoin was already in high $400s would have taken a lot of faith in Bitcoin, but would also have turned out to be a class trade. Going long now would be fucking insanity and who knows, may still even turn out to be a class trade......but having just made the worst trade of my life, I cannot allow myself to move a muscle regarding any Bitcoin investment, which in the distant future, will only be of the long and holding variety. Any move I make at the moment, is bound to be the wrong one, so I aint making any move. There wasn't a single Bitcoin trade that I have made, where had I shown patience and held onto my position, need I have taken a loss on. Unfortunately for me I chose my latest and final trade to exercise patience and extreme risk tolerance in the face of common sense. Had I not came out trade yesterday at $512 (where Bitcoin happens to be right about now), then my whole Bitfinex trading account sum would have been liquidised at $546.65, as Bitcoin hit $548. The fact that I chose this point to finally 'grow a pair of balls' has got to be the universe telling me something about myself and what I should or rather shouldn't be doing.

I am not touching Bitcoin with a 10ft long shitty bargepole. Perhaps you have indeed read "Trading in the Zone"? My psychological phase will no doubt be well documented. With that in mind, how many more do you think they are, bear and bull alike who are thinking just like me? How many more have taken big enough hits in Bitcoin to realise that they need to keep the fuck away from it? If us Bitcoin shell shock victims are going to return to Bitcoin, are we going to do it whilst Bitcoin is doing vertical zig-zags? Volatility like this gives successful traders profits but scares many more people away from the market and entices nobody new into it which can only mean one thing. I think you will find that after every bottoming out event Bitcoin has trended for a period of time necessary to breath confidence into new investors that their capital isn't just going to vanish overnight. So far, Bitcoin has not done that post Dec 2013. Bitcoin needs to find a bottom, and grind for a period of time. The waves needs to be calm to encourage new capital in.

Edit: In the period of time it took me to write this, it looks as though we have just had our reversal. Record volume (since $340 bottom) taking Bitcoin from $548 to $510. How many latecomers to the 'rocket 2 da moon' have just had their fingers burned? How many bagholders who failed to cut their losses are now freaking out that Bitcoin is going back down? How many early ticket buyers of the price surge aren't or haven't already cashed out and how many of those will be willing to buy back in with just about every TA indicator now maxed out? Is there a chapter in Trading in the Zone about how vertical counter trend rises are unsustainable and invariably followed by more bearish grinding and downside?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:32:20 PM

..lolz ...its all good

I think you should read a good book called "trading in the zone"

You need a dose of the "PSYCHOLOGY of TRading "

Its not about being right or wrong ...but more about defining your risk and adapting as soon as information says there has been a change

But is it though?

I see a whole lot of euphoria but am having trouble identifying where all the new adopters are. Could it be that this break out has been triggered by the same old fratnernity of pre-existing Bitcoin investors and shark manipulators? If so, then for how much longer can Bitcoin continue to go vertical. Taking a long punt a few days ago would have been a class trade. Taking a long yesterday when Bitcoin was already in high $400s would have taken a lot of faith in Bitcoin, but would also have turned out to be a class trade. Going long now would be fucking insanity and who knows, may still even turn out to be a class trade......but having just made the worst trade of my life, I cannot allow myself to move a muscle regarding any Bitcoin investment, which in the distant future, will only be of the long and holding variety. Any move I make at the moment, is bound to be the wrong one, so I aint making any move. There wasn't a single Bitcoin trade that I have made, where had I shown patience and held onto my position, need I have taken a loss on. Unfortunately for me I chose my latest and final trade to exercise patience and extreme risk tolerance in the face of common sense. Had I not came out trade yesterday at $512 (where Bitcoin happens to be right about now), then my whole Bitfinex trading account sum would have been liquidised at $546.65, as Bitcoin hit $548. The fact that I chose this point to finally 'grow a pair of balls' has got to be the universe telling me something about myself and what I should or rather shouldn't be doing.

I am not touching Bitcoin with a 10ft long shitty bargepole. Perhaps you have indeed read "Trading in the Zone"? My psychological phase will no doubt be well documented. With that in mind, how many more do you think they are, bear and bull alike who are thinking just like me? How many more have taken big enough hits in Bitcoin to realise that they need to keep the fuck away from it? If us Bitcoin shell shock victims are going to return to Bitcoin, are we going to do it whilst Bitcoin is doing vertical zig-zags? Volatility like this gives successful traders profits but scares many more people away from the market and entices nobody new into it which can only mean one thing. I think you will find that after every bottoming out event Bitcoin has trended for a period of time necessary to breath confidence into new investors that their capital isn't just going to vanish overnight. So far, Bitcoin has not done that post Dec 2013. Bitcoin needs to find a bottom, and grind for a period of time. The waves needs to be calm to encourage new capital in.

Edit: In the period of time it took me to write this, it looks as though we have just had our reversal. Record volume (since $340 bottom) taking Bitcoin from $548 to $510. How many latecomers to the 'rocket 2 da moon' have just had their fingers burned? How many bagholders who failed to cut their losses are now freaking out that Bitcoin is going back down? How many early ticket buyers of the price surge aren't or haven't already cashed out and how many of those will be willing to buy back in with just about every TA indicator now maxed out? Is there a chapter in Trading in the Zone about how vertical counter trend rises are unsustainable and invariably followed by more bearish grinding and downside?

Hi Mat, as a newcomer - waiting to buy since this January - I think you are making a very good point here. To bring more new people like myself we do not need only a bottom - actually, I am not even trying to buy at the bottom Wink. What we need is horizontal stabilization, with a mild uptrend. Flash crashes followed by flash rebounds on minimal volume are not particularly enticing. At least to people like me, who approach it as investing rather than buying lottery tickets and have modest expectations in terms of profit that late in the game.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:51:31 PM

Hi Mat, as a newcomer - waiting to buy since this January - I think you are making a very good point here. To bring more new people like myself we do not need only a bottom - actually, I am not even trying to buy at the bottom Wink. What we need is horizontal stabilization, with a mild uptrend. Flash crashes followed by flash rebounds on minimal volume are not particularly enticing. At least to people like me, who approach it as investing rather than buying lottery tickets and have modest expectations in terms of profit that late in the game.

If we do have a period of stability the most likely possibility, given how Bitcoin works and has worked, is that after any significant period of relative stability (weeks-ish) uptrend rarely stays mild.

I honestly think that if you're waiting for Bitcoin to be mild at all - you will likely be waiting 7-10 years at the least.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:47:30 PM

We have had the stability you seek so much, btc stably decreasing from January 2014 up to a couple days ago. It looks like we have just entered the reversal and it's cycling back up to the historical trendline. I just hope it continues but I KNOW it will have lots of ups and downs in the coming days/weeks/months. At the end, it will all be good, I promise.
finder_keeper

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

Will BTC stay above 500 for now? Your thoughts please Smiley

That depends on how long a piece of string is.

12HYShbhrFH1eyrmXc3zMRSFFnkgaVstcg
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:03:54 PM

The Gox scandal involved more than 850,000 coins. That is almost 7% of the coins in circulation. If Bitcoin is capable of surviving it by stabilizing at 500+ levels, then we can be pretty much sure that the value will never go below that.
Is there any evidence that any of these coins have actually hit exchanges?

No, also some 200k were supposedly found - but these, too, nobody saw. Might all be Karpeles hallucination. It was more or less proven that nobody stolen any coins from gox using malleability issue, so whatever happened and wherever our funds are is still a question that only masterfully applied torture could answer.

i am satoshi
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:38:16 PM

Will definitely go below again, maybe this weekend only.

Think Bitcoin will remain around 400-600 for quite some times now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: