Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Right now - The single most important Breakout  (Read 4862 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:05:01 AM

Huobi is the new Mtgox. We're still not past the point of a centralized high volume exchange with shady operations and manipulation serving as market leader with the rest of the exchanges as slaves.

Will this ever happen ?? ... FOREX has the same problems with shady operators

Its human nature and I dont think there is a fix unless u regulate ... Then one side effect of this is that we are stuck with special interest groups rigging the game Sad

I just don't think you can say we've moved on from mtgox when now we have something even worse.

Have they locked accounts ??

Have they stopped withdrawls ??

Have they slowed depoists/withdrawls down to weeks ??

Have they made up bullshit as to the soundness of the bitcoin network to deflect blame for the embezzalment funds Huh

I understand teh dubious nature of Hubiou but they have a LONG LONG way to go before they are GOX 2.0

The history of how gox fucked over everybody time & time again..year after year ...It was sooo painful for me GOX gone was the most bullish single I have had in the last 12 months of crypto

There is one more candidate left BFL and once these parasites go I will sleep at peace at night for the future of crypto (they are not so much of any consequence these days but it would help keep everything nice and neat with them gone...my OCD tendecenys would be happy)

OBJECT NOT FOUND

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:59:50 AM

I am out, if I wake up tomorrow and Bitcoin is at $700 then I won't give a shit. I am totally out and breathing a sigh of relief that I no longer need to stress myself out over this corrupt, totally rigged, hooky fucking market.
at least good News from you.
Hope you are reliable
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:24:31 AM

hmm buy in at soonest opportunity I must me thinks.  Missing the train/rocket ship and being left behind on the platform is out of the question.  Thanks for the heads up and analysis.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:55:26 AM

Actually on a log scale, which if you believe in TA is the correct way to measure, we are still bouncing off it

BINTEX

Powered by,
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:59:02 AM

Actually on a log scale, which if you believe in TA is the correct way to measure, we are still bouncing off it

I had 520 others had 540 ... we hung out at 520 for a looooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time .. regardless we broke through

Agree to disagree but YOUR 600 will be done by tom Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
studio1one

BintexFutures

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:13:25 AM

I had 520 others had 540 ... we hung out at 520 for a looooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time .. regardless we broke through

Agree to disagree but YOUR 600 will be done by tom Cheesy

Don't get me wrong, I pray and hope the trend is reversed. Just still a little nervous we haven't quite got there yet.

BINTEX

Powered by,
studio1one

BintexFutures

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:15:44 AM

Just to make it clear, I calculate on a log scale that 558 is the long term breakout price

Praying for it.

BINTEX

Powered by,
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:16:29 AM

My hymen isn't broken yet... It has 3 layers  Grin Grin Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
studio1one

BintexFutures

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:24:53 AM

Here are lines drawn using a peak point indicator. On macro scale and as micro scale as I can go and the line get drawn

Below you can see where the peak point indicator draws in the logarithmic head of the long term down trend started at peak price

Fat lady is not singing quite yet.

BINTEX

Powered by,
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

I standby my previous prediction that btc price will ping-pong between $400 and $600 all through 2014. I will be bullish in 2015.

This is NOT a bubble, just a correction back up to historical trend line.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:13:38 PM

I standby my previous prediction that btc price will ping-pong between $400 and $600 all through 2014. I will be bullish in 2015.

This is NOT a bubble, just a correction back up to historical trend line.

The log10 trendline is rising at about $7 daily. In contrast to your view, I believe that bitcoin prices rise at that rate until resistance at $800 is reached. After bumping against that for awhile, the next bubble will get going in earnest.

From the current situation, I project the next bubble to peak in July-August at about $6000 and collapse through the end of the year at $3000. The bubble beyond that would occur in 2015 - I think.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:20:34 AM

Bitcoin is not an idle currency. In a year, it can only get a lot better or a lot worse. fundamentals say a lot better.

lv0

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:12:07 AM

Obvious which way we're going... up up up  Cool Cool Cool
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:37:12 AM

If we hit 900 or something soon then the weekly pSar will flip. That would mean something serious.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
SlipperySlope

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:45:04 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 06:34:50 AM by SlipperySlope

There's one and only one reason why charts do not work: past performance is NOT an indicator of future results.

In the USA, the Securities and Exchange Commission compels every securities marketing text to include this warning. Indeed there is relevant academic research to show that winners in a particular time period are less likely than average to be winners in the subsequent time period.

Yet common sense reveals the defect in your reasoning. Supposing you were given a choice of buying one of two retail store chains. Company A has a history of closing stores and losing money, and company B has a history of opening stores and making money. Which company would you prudently buy? The one whose price chart is falling or the one whose price chart is rising?

A weaker form of your argument I could agree with . . .

Past performance is not indicative of future results, given that the conditions that led to the past performance have changed

Charting in particular and technical analysis in general, seeks to quantify human emotion, and the algorithms of trading bots that create and reverse price trends. This notion is sufficient to rebut your point, but there is more.

Long term Bitcoin charting works in the same way that I can predict the received luminosity of a certain candle at 10 meters by charting the luminosity at various lesser distances from the candle. There is an underlying mechanical principal involved and charting finds the parameters of the model.

For long term bitcoin price charting, the principal is the incremental temporal spread of a disruptive technology, starting a zero adoption and culminating at full adoption by the population of those who are ever going to use bitcoin - and recognizing that there is a population of those who will never ever use bitcoin. The latter we do not care about.

I, for one, am a proud chartist.
vitarian

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:26:05 PM

What do you think the velocity of this will be? $3 per hour? $5?  $10?

Nice & Healthy growth will be 20-50$ per day (so ~ 2$ per hour if it worked like that Cheesy )

BTW this is really not healthy but "THIS IS BICTOIN"  Cool

Yet bitcoin still has your attention enough that you're following its price and posting in this forum.
SlipperySlope

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:28:14 AM

Or, just prove me wrong with some predictions. What's the price going to be 3 days from now? 1 week? 1 month?

Glad to share, even if you are merely an observer. Others reading this may consider what I say from a different viewpoint than yours. You must admit that algorithmic trading which utterly dominates large markets in almost every security is codified realtime technical analysis.

The goal of my bitcoin TA is to manually and infrequently perform trades that enable me to gain more coin, not to increase my amount of fiat. A second goal is to understand the phase of the market and thus avoid making poor decisions based upon panic or mania.

My most important bitcoin TA is calling the peak of a bubble. Using only historical price action I predict that a very good time to sell will be when the price appears to be doubling in approximately a week,i.e. the culmination of a super-exponential growth phase. There is academic research on the study of various bubbles to support this tactic. The peak is a good time to sell or spend bitcoin, either to take profit or to buy back later to increase the number of held coins.

My second most important bitcoin TA determines a good place to buy, e.g. additional accumulation, or a buy-back from a previous sale, or otherwise a good time to postpone spending coin. Using data from the last two bubbles I predict a good time to buy is right now because the Log10 price deviation from the Logistic Model Log10 price trendline is -0.344, which is less than -0.3 limit that was a good point in the collapse of the June 2011 and April 2013 bubbles.

The long term price trend, as measured by my model, is currently at $1057 and rising at more than $7 daily. This is a great comfort to me knowing that there should be a strong bias to return to the trend, and that affects my short term technical analysis described next.

The most common technical pattern that I recognize in the historical price series is what I call a shock, conceptualized as a dampened oscillation. A positive or negative impulse exhausts the ask order book or bid order book respectively, to a certain depth depending upon the strength, i.e. volume of the move. The impulse is caused by what market microstructure theory dubs an informed trader, i.e. someone with a reason to trade. The other traders, dubbed uniformed traders, react to the impulse but lack the reason, and move price action back towards a central point. The oscillation is caused by market making activity in which mostly uninformed traders try to profit from each other based on differing notion of where the volume-weighed center is and whether it is likely that other informed traders will enter the market. According to the Wisdom of Crowds principle, the oscillations dampen in time. This sort of pattern is a fractal, meaning that it can occur over almost any time duration. Traditional chartists have named these patterns triangles, wedges and flags.

I do not trade bitcoin on the short or medium term. Commissions at USD exchanges tilt the odds greatly in favor of the exchange. Market makers, employing algorithmic bots do much better when trading fees are zero - hence the tremendous volume on the many fiercely competitive Chinese exchanges having no trading fees.

With only a mild degree of confidence, I predict the next bubble to peak this July-August at about $6000 and for prices to collapse in the fall to about $3000. When the next all time high occurs, I believe that I can improve this prediction with more confidence - using the date of the ATH alone as input.

Here is my prediction for the next few weeks. We are at a dramatic situation from a technical point of view. The declining resistance line touches or nearly touches  the tops of a number of price waves in the dampened oscillation resulting from shock collapse from the bubble peak in November. I will use a long duration chart with one-week candles to illustrate the point . . .

When I look at the above chart, I conceptualize the price as having bounced away from the drawn resistance line. There are of course assorted external or fundamental causes for each of the price moves, but TA abstracts all that away with the presumption that the price and volume indirectly incorporate that knowledge via the trading behavior of the participants who perceived that information and took action.

The drama is occurring because most of the technical chartists, and I too, believe that the bubble collapse bottom occurred on April 10 at $339. And therefore the drawn line of resistance must be broken through on the trajectory to the next much higher bubble peak. The price could bust through in a strong impulse, or could continue sideways in what chartists call a channel. Here is a close up of the drama, using a 12-hour candlestick resolution . . .

The upper drawn resistance line is the same as from the first chart. I have drawn a low-confidence support line to show how the price future path is constrained to bounce back and forth in a dampened oscillation centered at $424. I say low-confidence because the central tendency could very well be some other price points where trading occurred over a period long enough to convince traders that the particular price was fair considering what they knew of the situation.

It is important in my analysis to presume that the bottom is behind us. Because it matters less which particular lilne of support is drawn - any of them that I would draw force a convergence in the month of May. Which comes to my short term price predictions . . .

1. Presuming the bottom is behind us. the price will never again go below $339.79

2. By the end of May the price will be higher than the drawn resistance line, namely above $424.

3. In the month before the new bubble begins, prices will rise on average $7 per day.
wormbog

Activity: 561

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:46:14 PM

SlipperySlope - great analysis. I hope you're right.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:54:09 PM

my very rough prediction. (only based on this chart and is not completely serious, nor well taught true)

SlipperySlope

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:00:44 AM

Great analysis? He predicted $6000 by August - you've got to be trolling me.

You asked me to make some predictions using technical analysis - which you scoff at. You asked me to make some short term predictions which if true, would prove you wrong with regard to your notions on the efficacy of technical analysis.

Here is exactly what you said immediately above . . .

Or, just prove me wrong with some predictions. What's the price going to be 3 days from now? 1 week? 1 month?

And here again is my response . . .

It is important in my analysis to presume that the bottom is behind us. Because it matters less which particular lilne of support is drawn - any of them that I would draw force a convergence in the month of May. Which comes to my short term price predictions . . .

1. Presuming the bottom is behind us. the price will never again go below $339.79

2. By the end of May the price will be higher than the drawn resistance line, namely above $424.

3. In the month before the new bubble begins, prices will rise on average $7 per day.

I made the TA predictions weak enough to favor proving you wrong, yet strong enough to defy random price movement that you apparently expect.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: