Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:30:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Guy  (Read 3787 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 03:16:02 PM

The Bitcoin Guy just sent a tweet to @ChicagoCabbie, informing Rashid Temuri that I'm heading his way later today with the hope of having dinner with him and to discuss his Bitcoin options.

Stay tuned for further adventures of The Bitcoin Guy: Spreading an Idea Worth Spending

~Bruno~

EDIT: Seeking a seamstress to fashion a Bitcoin cape.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 05:27:29 PM

It's set up! I just got off the phone with speaking to Rashid. Dinner at 4:00 PM at Sabri Nihari Restaurant, 2502 West Devon Avenue, Chicago, IL. I think I'm going to order the Chicken Masala.

~Bruno~
bitcoinbetas

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 05:32:25 PM

this ^^  Grin
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 05:41:56 PM

Smiley
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 06:20:47 PM

It's set up! I just got off the phone with speaking to Rashid. Dinner at 4:00 PM at Sabri Nihari Restaurant, 2502 West Devon Avenue, Chicago, IL. I think I'm going to order the Chicken Masala.

~Bruno~

Nice! Next time Im in Chi-town let's grab a drink!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2012, 07:01:39 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2012, 03:30:16 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

~Bruno~

Nice! Next time Im in Chi-town let's grab a drink!

Drop me a line, and it'll happen. I'll be the guy donning the cape and a evoorhees-like mask. Shit! Let's go for broke. I want a Bitcoin suit, too, that looks similar to this:

~Bruno~
thomkaufmann

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 07:17:33 PM

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the ball and running with it, Bruno!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 03:33:57 AM

Great to hear! Thanks for taking the ball and running with it, Bruno!

You're welcome, thomkaufmann.

Who else had Chicken Masala for dinner, enjoyed with a great guy?

To answer the question on everybody's mind--it's a done deal!

Look for the next post in a few minutes, outlining what transpired and what needs to be done next.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 04:40:00 AM

I'll penned what transpired in the morning. Shutting down now. Very Tired!. Rashid should be registering soon. If anybody sees ChicagoCabbie or Chicago Cabbie tonight, make sure you do everything in your power to get him whitelisted. This is important. He is a tad under the weather, therefore may not get a video ready till Wednesday or Thursday to be in the video loop at CES.

The following is important.

Does anybody live in Chicago or just outside the city limits that's an avid user of Bitcoin interested in being the first person ever to take a cab ride and pay the fare using Bitcoin? This has a high chance of going viral, albeit no promises, but all will be done to try to make it so. I have read tweets of radio stations wanting him to do interviews. Not sure of the status, but can continue the story of the first cab driver to use social media to aid his business--now accepts Bitcoin. (too tired to edit--sorry--you get the gist)

~Bruno~

(still belching masala--yumm!)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:34:36 AM

I'll penned what transpired in the morning. Shutting down now. Very Tired!. Rashid should be registering soon. If anybody sees ChicagoCabbie or Chicago Cabbie tonight, make sure you do everything in your power to get him whitelisted. This is important. He is a tad under the weather, therefore may not get a video ready till Wednesday or Thursday to be in the video loop at CES.

Does anybody live in Chicago or just outside the city limits that's an avid user of Bitcoin interested in being the first person ever to take a cab ride and pay the fare using Bitcoin? This has a high chance of going viral, albeit no promises, but all will be done to try to make it so. I have read tweets of radio stations wanting him to do interviews. Not sure of the status, but can continue the story of the first cab driver to use social media to aid his business--now accepts Bitcoin. (too tired to edit--sorry--you get the gist)

~Bruno~

I go to school in the city.  He can take me to Potbelly's.  It's ordinarily about a mile walk.  But that's 15-ish minutes, and I'm constantly late for class.

FYI no smart-phone.  Could be an issue.  How does he address the non-smart-phone user?  With...cash?  Hell no.

But, it could be in the UIC newspaper.  When I tell them about it.
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:46:07 AM

Usually the only time I take a cab is drunk... and don't want to be on video doing that. I will call him next time I need one though. I haven't used any smartphone wallets yet though. How exactly did you pay?
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:51:49 AM

If this all pans out, this cabbie will be in the history books of bitcoin.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 04:15:02 PM

FYI no smart-phone.  Could be an issue.  How does he address the non-smart-phone user?  With...cash?  Hell no.

You could really confuse him and give him a physical bitcoin and have a paper QR for him to send the change, or just leave the change for a tip.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 05:46:02 PM

If this all pans out, this cabbie will be in the history books of bitcoin.

You think?  Smiley

You're on fire Bruno! Good work. You should sell Amway door to door.

I've done that in my early 20's. From that experience, I've learned about MLM's. To this day, I still admire Amway products. I also learned that one could sell anything provided their compassionate about the product.

Usually the only time I take a cab is drunk... and don't want to be on video doing that. I will call him next time I need one though. I haven't used any smartphone wallets yet though. How exactly did you pay?

I didn't use Rashid's cab to go anywhere. We simply met at Sabri's, an Indian Restaurant. I paid for the meal with cash. I meant to keep the receipt, but forgot it. Since he drops off his cab daily, he needed a quick ride home and asked if I would do it. I had to refuse him because all he had on hand were those nasty smelly dollar bills.  Grin Okay! You called my bluff. I give a ride home only a few blocks down from the restaurant--for free. Pretty ironic, eh?

~Bruno~

I go to school in the city.  He can take me to Potbelly's.  It's ordinarily about a mile walk.  But that's 15-ish minutes, and I'm constantly late for class.

But, it could be in the UIC newspaper.  When I tell them about it.

This is perfect, the joint! This issue is easily solvable via prepaying. He'll give you the quote, and you pay via your usual means. The funds will be settled long before he arrives to pick you up. In fact, anybody could do it this way. For instance, over-send bitcoins, and once the fare is calculate, Rashid could refund the difference (don't forget to tip). No need to wait for conformation on your end, for it'll be based on trust from that point forward. He runs a business and the last thing he'll desire is being dissed for cheating a customer.

For this work, the joint, you and or him would need to provide a video recording of the transaction. A third person may be needed. Forget about not having a smartphone. Prepay by over sending the quoted amount as I described, and on film we'll see Rashid sending the change.

Another way to do it is Rashid recording that he has a fare to pick up and that they have already prepaid. He records picking you up and dropping you off. Either way, or some other way, it'll be a factual transaction without it being a staged event, short of staging the event for prosperity.

Now, who's working on my outfit, cape and mask?  Grin

~Bruno~

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 07:01:32 PM

Phinnaeus...what about a split-screen video recording?

Here's what I'm thinking:

On my end at my place, I have a video camera of me making the call to the cab company and sending the Bitcoins on my computer.

On the cab drivers end, he can have a video of him receiving the phone call (obviously, we would just arrange a time for me to call and have the cameras set up beforehand).

Then, the video tape of the cab ride and the rest of it.

You could split-screen the video of the call to show both the caller and receiver to show how the entire transaction works.

I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday.  If you want to set something up, let me know.  I'm down to do it.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 08:07:30 PM

On my end at my place, I have a video camera of me making the call to the cab company and sending the Bitcoins on my computer.

On the cab drivers end, he can have a video of him receiving the phone call (obviously, we would just arrange a time for me to call and have the cameras set up beforehand).

You could split-screen the video of the call to show both the caller and receiver to show how the entire transaction works.

I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday.  If you want to set something up, let me know.  I'm down to do it.

Interesting concept. I like it! Probably the best shot is Thursday, thus giving time to get the ducks in a row. Unfortunately, CES ends Friday, but that doesn't matter. If it's done before then, it'll be available for Friday. If not, there's plenty of opportunities down the pike. I'll tweet this post to him. Thanks again, the joint.

~Bruno~
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 08:20:11 PM

Interesting concept. I like it! Probably the best shot is Thursday, thus giving time to get the ducks in a row. Unfortunately, CES ends Friday, but that doesn't matter. If it's done before then, it'll be available for Friday. If not, there's plenty of opportunities down the pike. I'll tweet this post to him. Thanks again, the joint.

~Bruno~

No problem. Thursday can work for me.  PM me if necessary, we can hash out the details.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 09:58:12 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2012, 10:18:13 PM by adamstgBit

...me making the call to the cab company and sending the Bitcoins on my computer....

how will you know his bitcoin address... I hope you wont have him spell out the address on the phone!

here is my solution:
http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=825

I'll need his company phone number & bitcoin address. I'm sure there is lots of other information he will want to put up on this listing. like his exact location or service area, I could throw in a google map.

i know it looks shitty... thebitcoinreview.com is in desperate need of a make-over, and its coming soon! In the mean time any publicity is good publicity  Wink  

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 10:34:59 PM

...me making the call to the cab company and sending the Bitcoins on my computer....

how will you know his bitcoin address... I hope you wont have him spell out the address on the phone!

here is my solution:

I'll need his company phone number & bitcoin address. I'm sure there is lots of other information he will want to put up on this listing. like his exact location or service area, I could throw in a google map.

i know it looks shitty... thebitcoinreview.com is in desperate need of a make-over, and its coming soon! In the mean time any publicity is good publicity  Wink  

Or http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=731

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 10, 2012, 10:56:31 PM

here is my solution:

It could also be nice if the cabbie had a website. He could even have the cab request made right from the website. The site could even show if he is available and what area he is in. Through the ride request page on the site a msg is sent to his phone stating your location, destination and time of pickup. He replies to confirm the time and sends back a total, btc address and QR code.  There are a miriad of options that can be given to make it more convenient for either party.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: