Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on buying Gridseed Blade in UK  (Read 792 times)
Namsbreh (OP)

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:39:52 PM

Looking to get myself a Gridseed Blade and after a little advice on the best way/place to purchase in the UK.

It looks to me as if minereu have stock and are competitive on price.  I'll have to buy some more bitcoins first to make the payment as the bank transfer option looks a little pricey once %3 is added for currency conversion and then the cost of sending a swift transfer to Hong Kong is added on top that.

Would I be better buying from china, maybe via atari2's group buy.  I presume I'll get charged import tax etc if buying this way.

Does anybody know of any other uk sellers who have stock at a fair price?

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:58:24 PM

Looking to get myself a Gridseed Blade and after a little advice on the best way/place to purchase in the UK.

It looks to me as if minereu have stock and are competitive on price.  I'll have to buy some more bitcoins first to make the payment as the bank transfer option looks a little pricey once %3 is added for currency conversion and then the cost of sending a swift transfer to Hong Kong is added on top that.

Would I be better buying from china, maybe via atari2's group buy.  I presume I'll get charged import tax etc if buying this way.

Not sure about minereu but a lot of people from atari's group buys have not received miners and the price has since decreased significantly since when they were first ordered.
skuser

Activity: 291

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:25:31 PM

It would be hard to get better price than from minereu because they are official distributor for Europe...

jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:43:23 PM

It would be hard to get better price than from minereu because they are official distributor for Europe...

i can get them for $1,550 but i live in USA and don't have the funds to bulk order
would need to buy 30 at a time

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
nish2011

Activity: 93

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:58:41 PM

I am from the UK aswell, get them from minereu, and you will save yourself a lot of hassle, as you don't know which group buy will be a scam, and you may have to pay any import duties if its coming from another country, p.s I have ordered from them before and their shipping is fast.
Namsbreh (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:29:55 PM

Thanks for all the replies.
ZoomHash_Chris

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:49:59 AM

I was speaking to a customer today about shipping to the UK, how bad are import taxes? He was telling me that the VAT he expected was around 17% is that really true? I'm just wondering as someone who doesn't live in the country, we have a lot of UK customers and I want to try and do right by them but jeeze those taxes are high.
xephyr

Activity: 285

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:23:50 AM

Not in UK but China but price is very good at HASHRA for comparison.

Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:27:07 PM

Brothers, what ROI are you imagining on these if delivery was like in the next week, anyone done these numbers?  ($1,610 for 5.2/M/HS)

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Namsbreh (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

VAT in UK is %20.

I would like to see a ROI somewhere between 3-4 months.  If I get a Blade it won't just be sat on a multipool all the time.  I like to speculate, mine, hold and sell at a good time.

Main reason for wanting a Blade is power consumption...instant saving of £6+ a day....means I can continue this hobby without any grief from the missus!! I reckon the cost of the power saved and the cost recouped from selling some GPU's will cover the cost of a blade and might even allow me to hash away happily with some, but ever decreasing, profits until the end of the year.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: