Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:59:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INFORMATION ABOUT SAFECOIN / MADESAFE  (Read 4810 times)
check07 (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:29:25 PM

anyone can give me informations about safecoin/madesafe?

homepage www.safecoin.io madesafe.net

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
check07 (OP)

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:59:32 PM

nobody?  Shocked
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:03:48 PM

Most probably a scam as they are simply asking to send coins to an address. The website is made by using free service strikingly
hloren70

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:51:58 PM

Most probably a scam as they are simply asking to send coins to an address. The website is made by using free service strikingly

Not true, the devs behind Madesafe have been working on it for years and there are a lot of articles out there on them.
rapport

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:44:25 AM

Not true, the devs behind Madesafe have been working on it for years and there are a lot of articles out there on them.

Seems like a scam, unless you've run their software?
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:01:55 AM

First ive heard about proof of resource coins.  It seems very interesting and launches in 3 days. 
 Lots of new and innovative tech coming down the pipes these days and what we know cryptocurrency to be will most likely change and leave the coins we know preserved in a museum.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
sixteendigits

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:13:11 PM

Do you not venture outside the walls of BCT?  It's not a scam.  Whether or not it's a good investment is up to you to decide but if you are lumping this in the same category as EDGE and STACK, you are clueless.
Shivalein

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

Isn´t there an ANN Thread on BCT?

RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:06:52 PM

First ive heard about proof of resource coins.  It seems very interesting and launches in 3 days.

The 'fundraiser' starts in 3 days.  But it goes all month.  All you guy who complain that the distribution of Mastercoin, and the distribution of NXT was unfair, should take notice now.  Maidsafe is funding in a similar way where early investors are highly rewarded.  You've got to send your money now - or you won't be part of this initial layer. 

MaidSafe is a very novel new proposed networkhttp://maidsafe.net/

It is not some 'new coin' like Doge or Black or Aurora.  It is an entire new network concept.  Nodes share resources (storage space and computing power).  With maidsafe, you'll have a huge disk drive in the 'cloud' just like DropBox but there with be no company like dropbox to pay.  The disk drive is implemented in the network - but just like bitcoin there is CEO, headquarters, no accounting department, and no billing.  However, there are shareholders - i.e. the people who hold the currency: SafeCoin. 

Doesn't sound very exciting so far?  Well, think about this...
On the MaidSafe network one can implement an application too.  Imagine Facebook.  Everyone builds their personal profile and facebook timeline and pages.  Now, you don't like some data and want it removed, no problem.  Only you control the data. There is no company.  There are no ads.  And the NSA can't issue any subpoena to peek in.  The application is implemented in the network and there is 'company'. 100% user controlled. 

The MaidSafe network connects many nodes having storage space and processing power to be shared by its users.  This system has some potential. 

About 6 months from now we are going to hear a bunch of altcoin speculator crybabies complaining the distribution was unfair and all the whales got all the early coins.  Then, I am going to post a link to this page showing they were all fairly warned to buy in early from the beginning. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:11:43 PM

It's not a scam.  Whether or not it's a good investment is up to you to decide but if you are lumping this in the same category as EDGE and STACK, you are clueless.
It only takes about 2 minutes of reading to learn it is not even a tiny bit of a scam.  But most people here don't bother with research - they'd rather look at the pretty meme.  Widespread stupidity is the best friend of most of these altcoins.  A total inability to read and understand a project propels the dumbest coins the highest.

MaidSafe is a brilliant proposal with loads of effort behind it.  Whether or not they can get it going will be interesting, but it has potential.  My recommendation: buy.  But, this is a long term deal.  This is no high flying 'Blackcoin' going to the moon.  It will take about three years before you can become a billionaire on this system.

Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Shivalein

Activity: 117

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

So will be sold just 10% of all available coins.  So the devs are holding the 90%?

RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 03:02:11 PM

So will be sold just 10% of all available coins.  So the devs are holding the 90%?
Nope - all of those will be mined. They belong to the network.

rapport

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 08:07:36 PM

Do you not venture outside the walls of BCT?  It's not a scam.  Whether or not it's a good investment is up to you to decide but if you are lumping this in the same category as EDGE and STACK, you are clueless.

Scam might be the inaccurate term, but this guy gave a talk on it in June *2008*.  Seems what he's trying to do is very hard, but where is the explanation of all the progress that's happened almost 6 years ago?  Reports also mention they've been working at it for 8 years.  How have they been able to continue this long, and if they have and are getting close to a launch, they should not need other people's money.  Satoshi already showed bitcoin's approach of launching worked, and this project could have done similarly: launch, let people install their software, and farm for their coins.
dirvine

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:14:05 PM

Scam might be the inaccurate term, but this guy gave a talk on it in June *2008*.  Seems what he's trying to do is very hard, but where is the explanation of all the progress that's happened almost 6 years ago?  Reports also mention they've been working at it for 8 years.  How have they been able to continue this long, and if they have and are getting close to a launch, they should not need other people's money.  Satoshi already showed bitcoin's approach of launching worked, and this project could have done similarly: launch, let people install their software, and farm for their coins.
STL took 16 years to create, aids is still not cured, some things are hard. This took an underfunded 8 years. There are no founders shares, I do not hold 10% of the coins and never will. We all do what we must to get  something done. In 2008 we had a proof of concept python system. This is a c++ implementation described here http://maidsafe.net/network-platform-developers We have been funded by staff friends and family so far and worked night and day. We continued this long because this is right and a controlled society spied and snooped on, losing data, burning unnecessary electricity and causing death  is something we feel we should fight hard to improve upon.

This is the route we have chosen and have struggled to get to. Now we are giving it to you and everyone else in a way we will not own it, and we do this again, because it's right.  You may know ways to do it better and that's great. I did not though and this is my best effort. We (all of us) may at last be able to fund open source development and much more, surely this is worth fighting for? see http://metaquestions.me/2014/04/12/safecoin-why-its-safe-and-what-it-means-for-us-all/ for some info on safecoin and what it may achive. For much of the time we have been in a room filled with whiteboards working this stuff out, I can show the results but it would take 8 years to explain all the discussions. Hope that helps a bit.
rapport

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:41:20 PM

Not saying that what you've been working on is not hard: thanks for sticking with it and trying to make it a success.
Since effectively you're asking for (new) investors now, when do you think you'll be able to launch?
I've seen you draw on whiteboards a bunch and what were the main things in the past that went wrong?  What is your biggest concerns now about launching, ie risk factors.
Thanks
dirvine

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 10:51:05 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 10:01:47 AM by dirvine

Not saying that what you've been working on is not hard: thanks for sticking with it and trying to make it a success.
Since effectively you're asking for (new) investors now, when do you think you'll be able to launch?
I've seen you draw on whiteboards a bunch and what were the main things in the past that went wrong?  What is your biggest concerns now about launching, ie risk factors.
Thanks
No prob hard things are hard :-)

Nothing in the past went wrong really. We had some investors that guided us down wrong paths (we knew they were wrong, but had to keep working) . Underfunded means tacking port and starboard but keeping a good velocity made good. Now we have the network up and running locally it's great. The technical issues are likely over. The thing we need now is huge test networks and early adopters to make sure any tweaks are manageable. Think of this like a huge brain, we need to switch it on all at once and have humans using it (we have a ton of simulation). If we just launched and said that's it, we would fail. This is a huge complex system and we think it's great, but it needs adoption and many testers. We have that now and with the launch we will have many remote testers that allow us to launch testnets. This is the missing link and now we have found it.

The other major issue for us was ownership, no point in dumping open source software on the world we need to train people and create competitors etc. This launch fixes many things we require to make this all happen and now we is not maidsafe it's hundreds and soon thousands of us.

PS I always draw on whiteboards, I find I can answer questions easy if I can draw them up, otherwise I think there is too much bull&* if you see what I mean.

Cheers for the questions, entirely valid.

rapport

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:30:30 PM

Thanks, I know you need to launch testnets.  When is the first testnet expected to launch?  How many testnets are expected?  All of these are estimates, and what are the target dates?
dirvine

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:39:58 PM

Thanks, I know you need to launch testnets.  When is the first testnet expected to launch?  How many testnets are expected?  All of these are estimates, and what are the target dates?
Next few weeks, maybe three tests maybe six weeks each. Maybe less or more though, we can not tell till we are past testnet 1. This is my best estimate though.
RawDog
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:46:18 PM

Next few weeks, maybe three tests maybe six weeks each. Maybe less or more though, we can not tell till we are past testnet 1. This is my best estimate though.
OK - this is good news.  I think MaidSafe is going to radically change the Internet.  Please hurry. Smiley

lyaffe2

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:27:08 PM

From the information at http://www.buysafecoins.com/ its unclear if you have to send exactly one BTC or one MSC or if you can send, say, 0.1 BTC to receive 1700 Safecoins.
Can you please clarify ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: