Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:33:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL refunds factor in price increase?  (Read 524 times)
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:01:47 PM

So I noticed on BFL troll box that some guy was saying he just got his refund in BTC.

It got me to thinking that there is probably a significant number of other people claiming refunds of r $x,000 a pop and that if they are electing BTC that BFL will be having to buy them off the market.

I know its not much in the grand scheme of things, but it could be several thousand dollars a day of buying pressure that wouldn't otherwise exist...

Bulls, bears, over to you to spin this Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

I think it's highly unlikely that BFL is buying coins on the market.  I can go into the alleged details if you wish, but I don't have the time to outline them all right now.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:40:18 PM

conclusive evidence by post #2!

remarkable.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

I think it's highly unlikely that BFL is buying coins on the market.  I can go into the alleged details if you wish, but I don't have the time to outline them all right now.

They most likely mine with their equipment, so no need for them to buy bitcoins on market.
However, that probably reduces selling pressure since less of the coins produced by them are sold.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: