Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:48:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has not changed fundamentally, so why sell?  (Read 1693 times)
Mikerogers (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:31:19 PM

Time and time again I see people panicking over Bitcoin and how it could crash any second and the ignorance frankly frustrates me. If you look at any bitcoin chart it'll show that Bitcoin has actually been gradually rising over time. The only reason it has been volatile lately is because it just recently got caught in the public eye. This caused a large amount of speculators to put money in and out of Bitcoin, which caused the swings we've witnessed recently. The fact of the matter remains though that Bitcoin has not fundamentally changed at all since 2009. If you bought in at ANY time before the price hike in November of 2013 then you're still up on your investment. I read some of this from the articles below if you want to see some charts/data for yourself.

http://www.panture.com/should-i-sell-my-bitcoins/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee/2013/02/14/why-i-dont-think-bitcoins-big-price-rise-is-another-bubble/
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 06:34:23 PM

correct Wink

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:40:50 PM

I'm pretty happy about all the people selling. I was worried I'd never get to buy at sub-500 prices again.

I'm grumpy!!
Mikerogers (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:45:57 PM

I'm pretty happy about all the people selling. I was worried I'd never get to buy at sub-500 prices again.
+1
I think most of the sellers were people not really understanding Bitcoin. Once you understand it, you become more inclined to hold onto it imo.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:40:17 PM

+1
I think most of the sellers were people not really understanding Bitcoin. Once you understand it, you become more inclined to hold onto it imo.
I myself got a couple of 'em for around 400 Wink

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:02:59 PM

Aren't you answering your own question when you bring up "speculators?"
Newfeeling

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:16:06 PM

As much it annoys and frustrates the hell out of us, some people think this is a reason  Angry :

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRn7td5voci0I7fZTueU8-SSeJKUuI6GMUdxKZu2Jy_U71uKIwsGg
Mikerogers (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:12:37 PM

+1
I myself got a couple of 'em for around 400 Wink

Nice job, I myself take advantage of all dips I see too. Every time I have 3-4K on hand, (USD) I try to buy 1-2 BTCs to put away.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

That is a great question.  Some people just can't grasp that Bitcoin was made to weather the story so to speak.  Alot of time trying to explain that it is more then fiat could ever hope to be.
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:31:47 PM

+1

+1
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:40:43 PM

People who "understand" Bitcoin wont sell them now. So question why sell? Noone will sell only those who have no idea what they are doing. Of course we never know 100% what will happen but cmon everyone is buying to make a profit, so they just keep waiting.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:16:41 PM

Time and time again I see people panicking over Bitcoin and how it could crash any second and the ignorance frankly frustrates me. If you look at any bitcoin chart it'll show that Bitcoin has actually been gradually rising over time. The only reason it has been volatile lately is because it just recently got caught in the public eye. This caused a large amount of speculators to put money in and out of Bitcoin, which caused the swings we've witnessed recently. The fact of the matter remains though that Bitcoin has not fundamentally changed at all since 2009. If you bought in at ANY time before the price hike in November of 2013 then you're still up on your investment. I read some of this from the articles below if you want to see some charts/data for yourself.

http://www.panture.com/should-i-sell-my-bitcoins/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timothylee/2013/02/14/why-i-dont-think-bitcoins-big-price-rise-is-another-bubble/

My only quibble is with "gradually"! :-)  Otherwise, makes sense.
BBQcopter

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:18:08 PM

Actually I completely divested at about $190 earlier in the week, I'm HOPING it goes down to about $30 .
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:06:03 PM

+1

Hello..  pay the rent much?  vacations?  bedsheets?  alpaca socks? 
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:05:57 PM

Fear
Doubt
Uncertianty
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

+1

Hello..  pay the rent much?  vacations?  bedsheets?  alpaca socks? 

If I needed to pay my mortgage or buy socks, I wouldn't have put my money into bitcoin to begin with. 

Now vacation funds I can see, since you only need those once a year or so.  But if you are selling to buy things you need on a day-to-day basis, you are over-invested.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:02:24 PM

... The only reason it has been volatile lately is because it just recently got caught in the public eye. This caused a large amount of speculators to put money in and out of Bitcoin, which caused the swings we've witnessed recently...

Sorry don't know how new you're into bitcoin but it has always been volatile in the market and there have been few crashes more serious than the current 50% drop, its one of its main characteristics because its still at the beginning and only when more than 90% of bitcoin will have been mined you will see a relatively stable exchange rate, till then there will be many bubbles

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

Why sell?  For the old guys, it's probably some profit taking.  For the newbies, well they just haven't experienced the volatility of Bitcoin.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: