Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:32:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bringing Cryptocurrency To Women Worldwide, CryptoMoms.com Launches  (Read 1420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptomoms (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

CryptoMoms.com Officially launched.

Official Press Release:
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/bringing-cryptocurrency-to-women-worldwide-cryptomoms-com-launches-with-3-million-dnotes-giveaway/

http://cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men.

Stop by the forum for contests and giveaways including 250 DNotes.

Help us spread the word and forever change the male dominated world of crypto currency!
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:49:34 PM

...and now a bunch of men will visit your forum  for grabbing some DNotes I guess Smiley.
cryptomoms (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

Hopefully they will send their mom and wife as well too. Smiley
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:46:37 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 08:07:56 AM by YarkoL

I've got pretty strong hunch that cryptocurrency will become truly mainstream only
with large-scale adoption by ladies all over the world.

edit: but I'm not altogether convinced by this site.

“God does not play dice"
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:50:28 PM

Mens with ASIC's , womens with faucets  Grin
Sounds fair !

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
cryptomoms (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 10:24:23 PM

Mens with ASIC's , womens with faucets  Grin
Sounds fair !

Faucets are just a small part of it. There are many ways to earn some coins. Some of the giveaways, bounties, and contests are substantial. Granted mining isn't our focus at this time, but we have touched on it just a little. Mining CPU coins, like when Quark came out can be profitable and pretty easy to get started in.
maranello1561

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:27:09 PM

By CryptoMom, you mean MILF? Count me in then
elviselvis101

Activity: 573
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:30:16 PM

Very nice website !
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:38:25 AM

Nice site, hope to see more and more of this kind of blogs in the future.
Good luck to cryptomom Smiley
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:38:40 AM

Best of luck with this. It's a novel idea at the least. But I don't think that giving much promotion here will do a lot of good. If your goal really is to spread word about crypto-currencies to a different audience, there definitely are better places to promote at.

Once again though, good luck with this novel idea.
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:30:12 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bringing-cryptocurrency-women-worldwide-cryptomoms-011500357.html

Bringing Cryptocurrency To Women Worldwide Cryptomoms Launches 3 Million DNotes Giveaway

47 minutes ago

View photo
The official launch of Cryptomoms.com will begin with a huge give away of up to 3 million DNotes. Cryptomoms.com's mission is to address the huge gender imbalance seen in the world of cryptocurrencies today.

April 16th, 2014 / The fact that the emerging world of cryptocurrency is overwhelmingly dominated by men has never been in dispute. As of April 2014, surveys show that currently the male to female ratio is 19:1, or 95% (male) to 5% (female). This troubling gender imbalance has been voiced by women’s advocates and discussed in different Bitcoin forums; but until now a highly focused and dedicated effort to change the playing field has been lacking.

Developed and fully funded by the same team who created DNotes, Cryptomoms.com officially launched today in the Mid-West, USA; aiming to bridge the gender gap as clearly articulated in their mission statement:

“Cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men. We begin by creating a culture of mutual respect for women with genuine efforts to help them acquire the basic knowledge about digital currency along with many earning opportunities. We will relentlessly pursue to accomplish our mission through multiple campaigns and outreach projects and invite the participation of our industry peers and advocates to join force with us. We will set very specific quantifiable goals and sponsor creditable surveys to measure our achievement against those goals. For the common good of our industry we are committed to make a difference.”

The Cryptomoms forum is already buzzing with great enthusiasm and excitement. In a matter of days one can feel that a new culture is born. There is a great a sense of a family atmosphere, where everyone is genuinely excited to welcome new members, helping, teaching and inspiring each other.

While both men and women are welcome, there is a sense that there is some kind of super “girl power” taking charge that could change the male dominated world of cryptocurrency forever.

The official launch of Cryptomoms.com will begin with a huge give away of up to 3 million DNotes. Participants who register and participate in the forum will be sent 250 DNotes to their wallet address. In anticipation that many will be new to the digital currency world Cryptomoms supporters will be on stand by to help. The site is already fully loaded with instructions and tutorial videos. For beginners, it is also recommended that they simply open an account with an exchange where DNotes is currently listed which includes Allcoin and Poloniex.

A spokesman from DNotes commented that for digital currency to become truly mainstream the huge gender imbalance must be corrected, as women control more than 50% of consumer purchasing power. He elaborated that DNotes is positioned as a serious digital currency, with a strong commitment to generating trust and support for its stake holders. In a never ending journey to build asset value for their stake holders: Cryptomoms.com is the first of many ambitious web properties planned by the Dnotes team.

To learn more about Dnotes please go to: http://dnotescoin.com/

Visit http://cryptomoms.com/ for more information.

Contact Info
Name: Alan Yong
Organization: Cryptomoms
Email: contact@cryptomoms.com
cryptomoms (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:32:40 AM

Thank you for the kind comments. I do feel bitcointalk forum users will benefit from the Crypto Moms site. Although it is only a portion of the our campaign to spread the word. We need the support of everyone to make Crypto Moms a success.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:33:41 AM

Contact Info

Probably should have a woman's name as the contact...

If you're just getting started with crypto currency, the easiest place to store your coins is on the exchanges. Exchanges are simply a place where you can trade one coin for another. Instead of downloading software for each coin you're interested in, you can store your coins on an exchange. As you get more familiar with crypto currency, you will want to have your coins in your own wallet.

I would suggest not recommending new people to leave their coins on an exchange...Good way to lose a lot of money and scare new people off

cryptomoms (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:45:49 AM

Contact Info

If you're just getting started with crypto currency, the easiest place to store your coins is on the exchanges. Exchanges are simply a place where you can trade one coin for another. Instead of downloading software for each coin you're interested in, you can store your coins on an exchange. As you get more familiar with crypto currency, you will want to have your coins in your own wallet.

I would suggest not recommending new people to leave their coins on an exchange...Good way to lose a lot of money and scare new people off

This is simply the press contact. There are a few people behind Crypto Moms. Both Male and Female.

The exchange is used as a stepping stone. You can learn how to use one or two exchanges and dive into just about any coin you want. However, that's why we suggest they will want to use a wallet once they get more familiar with crypto currency.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:50:16 AM

Contact Info

This is simply the press contact. There are a few people behind Crypto Moms.

The exchange is used as a stepping stone. You can learn how to use one or two exchanges and dive into just about any coin you want. However, that's why we suggest they will want to use a wallet once they get more familiar with crypto currency.

Don't need to tell me your reasons. Take my advice, or don't, it doesn't really matter. However, you are better off educating people from the get-go before they develop bad habits, lose coins, and go tell all their soccer mom friends what a scam Bitcoin is

cryptomoms (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:56:33 AM

Don't need to tell me your reasons. Take my advice, or don't, it doesn't really matter. However, you are better off educating people from the get-go before they develop bad habits, lose coins, and go tell all their soccer mom friends what a scam Bitcoin is

I wasn't responding for you specifically. I was responding for anyone who is reading the thread and interested, as it was a valid point. We've weighed the options and chose this route.
CryptoBroker79

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 08:08:12 PM

Contact Info

This is simply the press contact. There are a few people behind Crypto Moms.

I love how you try to give these women advice, while labeling them all as soccer mom's.

Great work by everyone involved with Cryptomoms, this is a brilliant marketing idea that will help narrow the massive crypto currency gender gap!
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 09:14:14 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 11:21:29 PM by Dyna

Contact Info

You are exactly right. If I could find a woman to take my place at that time I would have. The truth is we had embarrassingly few female supporters just a few days ago. That is changing very quickly. We now have a very capable and experienced young lady to accept the leadership role at Cryptomoms. She is well qualified for the job and ready to take on the challenge. We welcome Karen Sheldon and will be making an official announcement soon.

In the meantime, I like to invite our industry peers to join force with us in welcoming every woman to our industry. Cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men. However, everyone is welcome at Cryptomoms. We have allocated a space for our industry to introduce new products and services, as well as to make giveaway announcement. Come join force with us for the betterment of our industry.
MiningHabit

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:47:02 PM

I love how you try to give these women advice, while labeling them all as soccer mom's.

Great work by everyone involved with Cryptomoms, this is a brilliant marketing idea that will help narrow the massive crypto currency gender gap!

Hugely agreed, on both points. This is an amazing idea that is filling a significant need in the crypto community.

And it's awesome to see the dude denigrating the idea is a chauvinist. Rather apropos. So women involved in cryptos can't be professionals? can't be working folk? Any woman involved in the community is automatically a soccer mom, travelling in packs with other soccer moms.

Give me a break, Spots. Go piss in someone else's cheerios, bro. And keep mashing on that keyboard spouting nonsense!

DNotes 2.0 - Bridging the Gap Between the Centralized and Decentralized World - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1924858.0
chipug

Activity: 165

696B6111

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 03:09:59 AM

CryptoMoms.com Officially launched.

Official Press Release:
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/bringing-cryptocurrency-to-women-worldwide-cryptomoms-com-launches-with-3-million-dnotes-giveaway/

http://cryptomoms.com is a digital community center with a dedicated mission to encourage and assist women to participate in the emerging world of crypto currency overwhelmingly dominated by men.

Stop by the forum for contests and giveaways including 250 DNotes.

Help us spread the word and forever change the male dominated world of crypto currency!

....because every woman is a mother.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: