Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:31:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Poloniex  (Read 408 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:25:35 AM

I know they had a btc issue, I know they found a community solution to mitigate it, I believe the problem is not finally resolved, so my question is what happens now over there?

If I want to do a trade there and I have BTC, if I transfer btc in will it automatically be assessed an entrance toll?  How are BTCs treated there now?  Is it ok in but not ok out, what's the policy?

thanks
TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:40:42 AM

Poloniex took BTC from the users who had money on at that moment. They promised to pay it back in 10 installments( payed 5 or 6 installments till now).
Trading is going normally and there were no major problems since then.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:45:10 AM

Poloniex took BTC from the users who had money on at that moment. They promised to pay it back pay in 10 installments( payed 5 or 6 installments till now).

Thanks for your lightning fast reply.

I get that trading might go "normally" but my question is more about deposits and withdrawals, if I deposit btc will all of it get credited, and if I want to withdraw btc will all but the withdrawal fee be allowed to leave?
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:47:17 AM

new users aren't penalized at all, just users who had btc at the time of the hack.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:47:43 AM

Poloniex took BTC from the users who had money on at that moment. They promised to pay it back pay in 10 installments( payed 5 or 6 installments till now).

Thanks for your lightning fast reply.

I get that trading might go "normally" but my question is more about deposits and withdrawals, if I deposit btc will all of it get credited, and if I want to withdraw btc will all but the withdrawal fee be allowed to leave?

Yes, all of it will get credited. Withdrawal fee for BTC is 0.0001
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:58:24 AM

Seems like they came up with a better solution that CryptoRush has so far... sigh...

I don't personally like Poloniex but I do have to admit they came up with a pretty decent solution in this case.
Armis (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:03:19 AM

thanks TiberiuC and everyone for the assistance
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: