Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiddingPond.com discussion  (Read 28264 times)
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 01:44:57 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2010, 02:00:58 AM by BiddingPond.com

To everyone regarding account payments:
Once you get a balance of -500BTC the account will be put on hold from further listings until payment is received. A manual system for payment is currently sending payment to:

127U2BTVQ23td2Fh5dnmdAo6HTXQ3qbNcP

and PMing me With the amount you sent and the current block number at time of payment. The automated payment system for auctions as well as site balances will be done this week.  You will be able to pay each other as well as a simple escrow service (verification of delivery).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 01:56:47 AM

I wonder what the ratio is of sold auctions to unsold. Nothing I've put up has gotten any interest yet.

Live Auctions   26   
Closed Auctions   42

I'm working on automating the rest of the stats and putting up an info page for those who are interested.

Please consider making the info available in manner easy for other computers to parse (JSON, XML, CSV, ...)

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Pubulis01

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 02:17:06 AM

I've been trying to use this site, but was stopped when I bid 30 BTC for an auction.  I paid the seller directly, but have been unable to bid or list new auctions since, because the site thinks I owe it money.

The thing is that I was able to create a new account, without any issues, and continuing to sell and buy.

Can you trust a site that won't allow private transactions?  I paid the buyer, who offered me feedback, and yet the site still wants me to pay through some magically unavailable gateway.

I would love to send the admins my comments, but they have no way to contact them on the website...  No e-mails, no phones, no, well, anything.

The moment someone else introduces a marketplace with transparency, and real-world contacts, is the moment I say goodbye to BiddingPond
semyazza

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 05:15:29 AM

I've been trying to use this site, but was stopped when I bid 30 BTC for an auction.  I paid the seller directly, but have been unable to bid or list new auctions since, because the site thinks I owe it money.

The thing is that I was able to create a new account, without any issues, and continuing to sell and buy.

Can you trust a site that won't allow private transactions?  I paid the buyer, who offered me feedback, and yet the site still wants me to pay through some magically unavailable gateway.

I would love to send the admins my comments, but they have no way to contact them on the website...  No e-mails, no phones, no, well, anything.

The moment someone else introduces a marketplace with transparency, and real-world contacts, is the moment I say goodbye to BiddingPond

The site has a safety mechanism that keeps people from having large balances and not paying for items. Currently that limit was lifted from 30BTC(low) to 500BTC(about $90USD).  Private transactions ARE allowed and you do not have to use the payment gateway(which is under construction and should be finished this week).

If your account is still blocked and you paid the seller directly without using the payment gateway you should ask the seller of the item to mark your transaction as paid.  If the seller refuses, leave negative feedback and contact me and I will resolve the issue between both the seller and buyer.   This can be done by going to the Control Panel, Click on the selling tab, Click on Winner Details, and manually setting payment to paid.

Regarding your comments, you did in fact contact me via Private message waited less than 12 hours and opened another account (just so you know this is not allowed but, I did not explicitly state this and the terms of service will be updated). If you would like your account merged please let me know via PM what account name you wish to keep. All your concerns were addressed within a 12 hour period, a reply to your personal message was dispatched, and this forum was updated with the changed information.  I do not see a problem.  If for some reason you would like situations handled another way please feel free to PM me and I will try to implement your suggestion.  Yes, the site without the payment gateway causes it not to be as automated as one would expect it to be. I do encourage feedback and am working on all suggestions that are given to me.

I thank you for your continued use of the site and like I stated earlier the payment gateway should be done this week.  You will notice that the process will be highly stream lined after it is fully implemented.

snrlx

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 31, 2010, 01:51:58 AM

I really appreciate the work you are doing on BiddingPond, but I think that the design should be a more major consideration. The way that it looks makes me think more than twice about using the site. Even revamping the logo would make the site look more approachable. I know that you are doing a lot of things at the moment, but you might want to work on making a more neat website design for the future.
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2010, 04:50:06 AM

I really appreciate the work you are doing on BiddingPond, but I think that the design should be a more major consideration. The way that it looks makes me think more than twice about using the site. Even revamping the logo would make the site look more approachable. I know that you are doing a lot of things at the moment, but you might want to work on making a more neat website design for the future.

Agreed. I really appreciate all the work though.

One thing that might help is to make empty categories invisible to buyers. When you are selling you can put it wherever you want, maybe even make a new category. It just make it look really empty as it is now.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
TheColdOne

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2010, 02:35:04 AM

I just wanted to report a glitch on Biddingpond.com recently when I bid on an auction, another user and myself both won the same listing, we both received winning bid notifications. Luckily the seller had two of the items that he was willing to sell. If the seller wouldn't have been able to accommodate both of us there could have been a problem.

I very much hope that biddingpond succeeds so I thought I would post this glitch so that you could fix the problem before it happens again.
semyazza

View Profile
September 06, 2010, 06:02:00 PM

I just wanted to report a glitch on Biddingpond.com recently when I bid on an auction, another user and myself both won the same listing, we both received winning bid notifications. Luckily the seller had two of the items that he was willing to sell. If the seller wouldn't have been able to accommodate both of us there could have been a problem.

I very much hope that biddingpond succeeds so I thought I would post this glitch so that you could fix the problem before it happens again.

Thank you for reporting the problem. I had been working with the seller to determine the cause. I notified him of who the real winner was. He also very kindly accommodated both buyers on his own. The reason both people received winning mail notifications was they both bid at "the same time".  This error has been corrected and e-mail notifications will get sent out based upon a more accurate time representation.  I will also be crediting the people who were affected by this with 50BTC credits for their trouble. These credits can be used on biddingpond.com or cashed out.  I am on vacation right now and will have your accounts credited by Wednesday.
semyazza

View Profile
September 06, 2010, 06:05:04 PM

Thanks for supporting the site. A new site design is on my todo list.  Right now my main concern is on usability and making life easier and safer(safer than other online auction sites) to buy/sell.  Once that is completed I already have a design that I think will work nicely(to be determined by the users).
semyazza

View Profile
September 06, 2010, 06:05:48 PM

Agreed. I really appreciate all the work though.

One thing that might help is to make empty categories invisible to buyers. When you are selling you can put it wherever you want, maybe even make a new category. It just make it look really empty as it is now.

That is a great suggestion. This will definitely be included when the new site design is finished.
TheColdOne

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 07, 2010, 02:08:36 AM

Thank you for reporting the problem. I had been working with the seller to determine the cause. I notified him of who the real winner was. He also very kindly accommodated both buyers on his own. The reason both people received winning mail notifications was they both bid at "the same time".  This error has been corrected and e-mail notifications will get sent out based upon a more accurate time representation.  I will also be crediting the people who were affected by this with 50BTC credits for their trouble. These credits can be used on biddingpond.com or cashed out.  I am on vacation right now and will have your accounts credited by Wednesday.
[/quote]

That is very generous of you. Thanks
bittechconsulting

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2010, 01:38:52 PM

looks like biddingpond has gone down. Is there an ETA on it coming back?
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2010, 09:05:50 PM

Not down for me now.

semyazza

View Profile
September 18, 2010, 09:19:06 PM

Sorry for the downtime. Was a mix up while trying to change registrars. Everything should be working once the DNS information propagates through the servers.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 26, 2010, 08:47:26 PM

I saw both an Ipad and a dell notebook for sale.  I would have bid on them but I don't have enough capital to do so at the moment.  I hope they both go for a fair price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2010, 08:50:10 PM

This seems to be a problem for many people.

Either there are too few bitcoins created so far and the USD value is too low.

or

People could buy enough at the Bitcoin exchanges but don't trust them enough to buy big chunks of it.

FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2010, 12:47:17 AM

I saw both an Ipad and a dell notebook for sale.  I would have bid on them but I don't have enough capital to do so at the moment.  I hope they both go for a fair price.

I've been thinking about that ipad. I guess I would want to escrow though, the seller has no history and no name I recognize.

Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 27, 2010, 06:13:17 AM

or

People could buy enough at the Bitcoin exchanges but don't trust them enough to buy big chunks of it.

My problem isn't that there aren't enough bit coins it's that I don't have that much disposable income.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2010, 07:59:30 AM

or

I don't think it is either of these things. Sure a million dollar house would have the first problem right now, but not a <$1000 computer. And MtGox has a pretty good rep, and you don't take risk vs other traders. And even though you could get burned by a personal PayPal transfer on bitcoinmarket, I don't think it has happened yet.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2010, 06:06:24 PM

MtGox has the ostacle to forbid withdrawals before 1 month has passed so a lot of bitcoins are blocked for a while.
and the volume on bitcoinmarket is in my pov rather low

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: