Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiddingPond.com discussion  (Read 28265 times)
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2010, 07:16:41 PM

MtGox has the ostacle to forbid withdrawals before 1 month has passed so a lot of bitcoins are blocked for a while.
and the volume on bitcoinmarket is in my pov rather low

People (me) will trade there if there is a good arb opportunity. At the right price you can do a lot over there.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2010, 07:46:23 PM

me too ! Smiley

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 07:12:01 PM

FWIW, I have no clue about how I will get paid for my auction.  The payment process, for buyers and sellers, appears to be completely undocumented.

Do buyers directly pay sellers, or is biddingpond.com an intermediary?
Using a payment processor at biddingpond.com, or simply using the bitcoin client?

Inquiring minds want to know Smiley  The 'help' section is basically empty.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
October 05, 2010, 07:16:42 PM

I've never succeeded in logging into this site.

I thought I remembered the passwd correctly but still "wrong password".  Then I click "I forgot my password" and I receive nothing.   ...

Anonymous

October 06, 2010, 07:23:14 AM

I've never succeeded in logging into this site.

I thought I remembered the passwd correctly but still "wrong password".  Then I click "I forgot my password" and I receive nothing.   ...

I also had this problem .I forgot my original login and i dont get a password email. I had to set up a secong account under the username bitcoinmedia.
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2010, 03:10:08 PM

Hello everyone,
Development on the site was on a temporary hold. We are back up into development mode and more features and a smoother process are on the way.

The site contact address is contact@biddingpond.com .

A simple message board has also been placed on the site to post comments/suggestions/bug reports/items being sold/purchased/support.

Right now it is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to arrange payment with each other. I have included more payment options for those who add new listings as well as those who wish to edit their listing to add a new ones.  There is a message system that can be accessed within the site to send a message to the buyer to arrange payment.

If you are not receiving e-mails including forgotten password requests please check your SPAM folder that also includes people who are not receiving winner notifications and auction close notifications.

If you can not reset your password please send an e-mail to contact@biddingpond.com and I will reset it to a random password manually.

Multi account use will not be tolerated and will be added to the TOS. If you would like an account merged please contact me and I will merge feedback once I verify they are your accounts. Some of you will be receiving e-mails regarding this if you have multiple accounts from a single IP.

You can now view bidder names in the bid history.  A planned feature is bidder screening which will keep people who you do not want bidding on your items from bidding (low feedback,too many negative feedbacks left for others etc.)

Regarding account payments:
Once you get a balance of -500BTC the account will be put on hold from further listings until payment is received. A manual system for payment is currently sending FULL payment to:

127U2BTVQ23td2Fh5dnmdAo6HTXQ3qbNcP

and messaging contact@biddingpond.com with the amount you sent(your FULL account balance), your login and the current block number at time of payment. The automated payment system for auctions as well as site balances will be done soon through the website sendical.com.  You will be able to pay each other, account balances, as well as a simple escrow service (verification of delivery).
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2010, 03:44:33 PM

Regarding account payments:
Once you get a balance of -500BTC the account will be put on hold from further listings until payment is received.

The account will be put on hold from listing items, but not buying? The site thinks I owe 1000+, but I can still bid. Freezing immediately after wining a big auction seems like a bad way to do it because even if I pay instantly after winning the seller might not confirm for days or weeks. Maybe you could let the seller flag a slow/no payment?

I suppose this is fixed by paying through biddingpond.

The no multiple account rule is pretty weak. Scammers/trolls will just ignore anyway. And some people might have legitimate reasons for keeping their histories separate. There is no way at all for you to tell if I just made a second account or if it was my brother so any enforcement whatsoever is going to piss people off.

I think it would be reasonable to forget the -500 rule and wait and see if nonpayment becomes an issue. If it does you could require partial or full deposit in order to place bids. Since there is low incentive for people to win and not pay (since they won't get anything) a very small token amount that is forfeit if payment is not received should be plenty deterrent.

Just trying to help, keep up the great development!

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2010, 04:50:00 PM

I agree with FreeMoney in everything.

Biddingpond is great and I would love to sell / buy.

We need to have some more people from Europe as the shipping costs are too high for overseas.

I have great silver coins to sell!

nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2010, 06:03:54 PM

hey biddingpond owner:

please consider this as a bug report:

you should not reveal bidder's usernames in auction history or high bidder display to the world.

your previous display of "bidder 1, bidder 2" was better regarding bidder privacy.

you should reveal each bidder's name /to each specific bidder/, so that he knows whether he won, or whether he is the high bidder, but you should not reveal usernames of everyone to everyone.

so e.g., if i'm logged in as user "aoeu", and i'm the second bidder, then in the bidding history i might see things like "bidder 1, aoeu, bidder 3, bidder 1, aoeu"
so, when you are logged in, only your name becomes revealed only to you.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 06, 2010, 07:48:01 PM

you should not reveal bidder's usernames in auction history or high bidder display to the world.

Are you sure you're not logged in, looking at your own auction?

AFAICT from my own auction, the bidder names were only revealed when I was logged in, looking at my own auctions.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2010, 08:56:55 PM

AFAICT from my own auction, the bidder names were only revealed when I was logged in, looking at my own auctions.

No, it is broken, I can see the high bidder on an auction now.

nanotube

Activity: 482
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2010, 05:58:16 AM

i'm not logged in. pretty sure cuz i don't even have an account there. Smiley

this changed as of yesterday. yesterday everyone was "bidder 1, bidder 2", today all nicks are revealed.

Join #bitcoin-market on freenode for real-time market updates.
Join #bitcoin-otc - an over-the-counter trading market. http://bitcoin-otc.com
OTC web of trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/trust.php
My trust rating: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=nanotube
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 05:20:21 AM

It seems like the majority wanted bidder privacy re-enabled. For the time being I have re-enabled it. In the future this will change as BC-Spec support is planned for us to build a trust network and to broadcast sale information.  With that said, I will allow multiple account use as per FreeMoney's suggestion.  This will allow everyone to both have their anonymity(by using a different name) and allow a a trust network to be established.

I have not determined a way to properly ensure payment while maintaining anonymity and allowing multiple accounts. Currently I am debating between two methods:

1) Suspend accounts after 30 days of a negative balance. The reason you will pay is to keep your positive feedback on the account you currently have(as opposed to opening another account and starting at 0).

2) Require a deposit (as suggested by FreeMoney) and once that balance reaches 0 require another deposit or deny further listings.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

I thank everyone for their input and really do appreciate it.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 08, 2010, 03:53:14 PM

When are you going to display old auctions?

mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 15, 2010, 01:15:26 AM

Upon logging into my account I see reminders:

1 users are awaiting feedback from you
1 new messages

They are plain text however.  It would be convenient if they were links that led me to pages with more information so that I wouldn't have to search through the site to find the appropriate pages.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2010, 09:20:54 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2010, 03:46:44 PM by S3052

Hi Everyone,

I decided to give it a try selling my beloved stamp collection of Ascension Island First Cover of 2007.

http://www.biddingpond.com/browse.php?id=72

Hope you like it.

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2010, 03:49:33 PM

here is the picture

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2010, 10:27:14 AM

Biddingpond is not widely used enough and hence "quite useless". Unfortunately.

The site is in my p.o.v one of the best designed site in the BTC world. But it lacks awareness, offers (sellers) and buyers.

Probably this is connected to the low absolute numbers of people owning BTC's. With only a couple of hundred BTC active users and then only a handful people registered at biddingpond the likelihood is too low that sellers and buyers match.

The key is to quickly increase the possibility for the avergae Joe to buy bitcoins (via exchanges) and then advertise biddingpond (if we have the goal on making this work).

doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 17, 2010, 11:03:15 AM

Biddingpond is not widely used enough and hence "quite useless". Unfortunately.

One of the problems is that most auctions will not ship outside the USA, including your one. That cuts down on a lot of potential customers willing to bid.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2010, 11:09:53 AM

Actually mine ships globally (something did not work properly when I was activating the auction) . I tried to edit it and it did not work neither.
But overall you are right, international shipping is key , especially with the current low user base.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: