Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:16:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiddingPond.com discussion  (Read 28264 times)
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2010, 11:12:38 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2010, 05:57:12 AM by sirius-m

Hello Everyone,
I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com .  Right now image gallery uploads are broken and being worked on ( What is working: you can include image links/tags in the item description). Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.

Stop by and lets trade some items :-D!

I bid 1.00BTC on the 50 dinar note. It says the current bid is still 0.00. It also says my bid is 0.00. When I try to rebid 1.00 it says " You are the winning bidder and cannot place a bid lower than your previous maximum bid."

I don't know if this seller made a mistake, or not. But it seems possible that he's going to send me this note for 1BTC and not charge shipping to Hawaii. I don't know if he meant that, is it possibly a site error?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2010, 01:55:22 PM

This thread is for discussions about BiddingPond.com. Please post any concerns, questions, comments or suggestions here and I will answer them as quickly as possible.

I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com.  Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.
semyazza

View Profile
July 26, 2010, 01:57:59 PM

Hello Everyone,
I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com .  Right now image gallery uploads are broken and being worked on ( What is working: you can include image links/tags in the item description). Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.

I bid 1.00BTC on the 50 dinar note. It says the current bid is still 0.00. It also says my bid is 0.00. When I try to rebid 1.00 it says " You are the winning bidder and cannot place a bid lower than your previous maximum bid."

I don't know if this seller made a mistake, or not. But it seems possible that he's going to send me this note for 1BTC and not charge shipping to Hawaii. I don't know if he meant that, is it possibly a site error?

Hello,
It does not seem like it is an error as he has free shipping listed in the item Title. Sellers are free to list the items at whatever price they want. There is also a rating system on the site so we can eventually trust sellers with good ratings and not trust those with bad. I'm also working on an escrow module for the site so that larger transactions can be traded safely. I want to automate the process but might set up a manual process for the time being. I also just started a topic BiddingPond.com Discussion in the market place so we don't fill this thread up with questions about the site. The link is http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574.0.
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2010, 02:25:16 PM

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
semyazza

View Profile
July 26, 2010, 04:16:43 PM

Issue fixed. I'm watching all current/new auctions closely.
Vasili Sviridov

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2010, 07:09:15 PM

"It\'s better in the pond"?

It's also better to escape characters properly...

1JHYtsmsGq2McwGHmWayVjVtHds8rp1R5
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
July 26, 2010, 07:35:47 PM

How do you plan to make money?

semyazza

View Profile
July 26, 2010, 09:10:39 PM

I plan to make money by either banner advertisements and/or by charging a listing fee for the extra features.

Currently it's free to list all items.

Extras cost:
Home Page Featured Fee: 5.00 BTC   
Bold Item Fee: 2.00 BTC   
Highlighted Item Fee: 1.00 BTC   
Reserve Price Fee: 5.00 BTC
Images Upload Fee: 1.00 BTC   (Currently being worked on. Can post pictures of images hosted offsite for free.)
Buy Now Fee: 2 BTC

Every new account receives a 5 BTC credit. Each account can have a balance of up to -25.00 BTC before requiring payment on the site. Prices will adjust as Bitcoin deflation increases. Listing items as far as I can see into the future will be free and should stay that way as long as the site pays for itself.  

The bitcoin address to send payment to is:
1DQM9psE9x1V962Qt9rTEhXgxHpMAFcM8w

I will have all this posted on the site before the week ends. I'm also working on a different site design and hope to replace that with its current rendition.

I'm looking to even do a logo contest and offer BTC as prizes. Anyone have a reasonable idea on how many BTC I should offer as a prize? I was thinking 500 for first?
dwdollar

Activity: 202
Merit: 109

GCC - Global cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2010, 09:20:45 PM

I decided to auction off an ad for Bitcoin Market.

Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 26, 2010, 10:32:26 PM

Hello Everyone,
I have set up an auction site that uses BTC as the currency. You can access it at http://www.biddingpond.com .  Right now image gallery uploads are broken and being worked on ( What is working: you can include image links/tags in the item description). Please feel free to auction your items. Registration requires only a valid e-mail address.

Hello,
It does not seem like it is an error as he has free shipping listed in the item Title. Sellers are free to list the items at whatever price they want. There is also a rating system on the site so we can eventually trust sellers with good ratings and not trust those with bad. I'm also working on an escrow module for the site so that larger transactions can be traded safely. I want to automate the process but might set up a manual process for the time being. I also just started a topic BiddingPond.com Discussion in the market place so we don't fill this thread up with questions about the site. The link is http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=574.0.

50 dinar is worth about 4 cents, so less than a bitcoin currently.  Admittedly the shipping is going to be more than that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
semyazza

View Profile
July 28, 2010, 04:27:11 PM

I decided to auction off an ad for Bitcoin Market.

Thank You for your support!
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2010, 11:48:27 PM

Is it possible to link shipping option to the exchange rate of bitcoins?

semyazza

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 03:59:04 PM

Yes,
I first want to get my escrow service running so people feel safer trading on biddingpond.com with pricier items. Thank you for the idea! I'll add it to my list!
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
July 29, 2010, 10:24:11 PM

If you want to upgrade the BiddingPond.com logo, you can give http://cooltext.com/ a try.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
ArrowJ

Activity: 21
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2010, 02:03:19 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2010, 02:16:39 AM by ArrowJ

I had an idea for the logo...not that the frog is bad, but as a rule I wouldn't include your competitions logo in your own...or a parody of it Smiley

--
EDIT: added a couple more options...there are lots of them...you get the idea

kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2010, 08:16:49 AM

I tried to work with biddingpond but it doesn't seem to process biddings or losing, oudbidding or wins correctly...

placed a 2,00BTC bet, it told me i was the highest bidder for 0,99BTC,  then the auction expired and i didn't get any notification wheter i won, or was outbid.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
fresno

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2010, 02:23:15 PM

I wouldn't include your competitions logo in your own...or a parody of it Smiley

But we sure need SOMEPLACE to do it! It would be nice to have a site to publicly throw crap at PayPal as well.

semyazza

View Profile
August 05, 2010, 06:01:18 PM

I tried to work with biddingpond but it doesn't seem to process biddings or losing, oudbidding or wins correctly...

placed a 2,00BTC bet, it told me i was the highest bidder for 0,99BTC,  then the auction expired and i didn't get any notification wheter i won, or was outbid.

Hello,
Outbid notices are working. Please check your spam folder. If you do not meet the reserve price of the auction you will not receive any notifications besides the warning on the page. Please send me an e-mail with the item you are talking about and I will investigate if there is indeed an error and/or if more notifications need to be added.  I should have a help section and FAQ up on the page by this weekend. I'm working on a payment gateway for bitcoins to streamline the process a bit. I have a new site design that I hope to have completed by the end of the month which will make things look cleaner and more Web 2.0ish.

Thanks for letting me know your concerns. Feel free to contact me by e-mail with any other concerns questions or comments and I will keep the forum updated.

-Justin
biddingpond@semyazza.com
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 04:28:54 PM

It was not possible to use my short nick kiba. It wants 6 letters username. Why is that?

semyazza

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 10:18:21 PM

It was not possible to use my short nick kiba. It wants 6 letters username. Why is that?
Short usernames and passwords allow a site to easily become a victim of brute force attacks against the server. Although other countermeasures have also been implemented it was determined the increased liability of short usernames was not worth the risk.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: