Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:39:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BiddingPond.com discussion  (Read 28261 times)
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 11:24:50 PM

What are you currently working on for biddingpond.com?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
semyazza

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2010, 11:35:41 PM

Priority 0-9: 9 being the highest:

New site design (more web 2.0ish) 1
Escrow System 7
Payment Gateway for Bitcoins (may spinoff into another site completely ala paypal and ebay) 9
FAQ Section 8
BCSpec Draft 6
 - integrate feedback system 5
 - Pull data from bitcoinmarket.com for current USD value 6
 - Other currency conversions 3
More detailed instructions and increased usability (constantly working on it) 7

Formalize a TODO list 7
"Contact Us" Form 7

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2010, 09:05:40 PM

I saw that all the old auctions are gone. Maybe it would be better behaviors to keep old listing? The idea is that people get to see that the site actually get used.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 09, 2010, 09:28:30 PM

I think eBay stores each auction's results for 90 days.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2010, 09:36:47 PM

Definitely need to keep old auctions available to view. To show site activity is most important now, but it's also good for people to see what prices things are going for and what people are interested in.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
semyazza

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 05:54:27 AM

Old auctions should be available to view if the link is bookmarked it can still be accessed by its URL. Users can view their closed auctions(buyers and sellers) conveniently at this page:
http://www.biddingpond.com/closed_auctions.php .

To make it more convenient and to allow old auctions to be easily accessed by everyone how would you suggest listing them? Category named "Closed listings" and/or some other alternative?
FreeMoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2010, 06:41:09 AM

"Closed listings" or "Completed Auctions" link below the "All listings" should be good. Maybe you'd need to change "All listings" to "All current listings" or something if you did that, though, to emphasize that everything in the "All listings" is still winnable.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
semyazza

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 07:13:31 AM

** Feature Update **

Image gallery hosting has been fully implemented and is now working. You no longer need to use an outside host to post images(although you still can).
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 12:24:31 PM

Is it possible to cancel bids? I once accidental put in 99 bitcoins when  I meant .99 bitcoins. I still got outbidded though.

semyazza

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 11:40:56 PM

Is it possible to cancel bids? I once accidental put in 99 bitcoins when  I meant .99 bitcoins. I still got outbidded though.

Currently it is not possible. If that does happen again though please contact me and I will modify the amount for you. This feature will be added to my to do list.
telyni

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 12:49:51 AM

Why is the fee amount 7 BTC before any options have been chosen? Is it assumed that at least one picture will be uploaded? Can this option be turned off?
semyazza

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 03:57:28 AM

While setting the picture price to 0BTC I edited another field. Issue resolved. Picture hosting will be free for the foreseeable future.
telyni

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 11:34:00 AM

Great, thank you. I'll be posting something soon.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2010, 05:12:50 PM

So is when the old auctions list going to be available?

semyazza

View Profile
August 21, 2010, 06:11:14 PM

So is when the old auctions list going to be available?

Current Status:
Payment Gateway: 80% Complete
FAQ Section: 30% Complete
Display old Auctions List: 20% complete

Priority 0-9: 9 being the highest:

New site design (more web 2.0ish) 1
Escrow System 7
Payment Gateway for Bitcoins (may spinoff into another site completely ala paypal and ebay) 9
FAQ Section 8
BCSpec Draft 6
 - integrate feedback system 5
 - Pull data from bitcoinmarket.com for current USD value 6
 - Other currency conversions 3
More detailed instructions and increased usability (constantly working on it) 7
Display Old Auctions List in Categories Menu 8

Formalize a TODO list 7
"Contact Us" Form 7
semyazza

View Profile
August 23, 2010, 03:27:01 PM

Terms and conditions have been updated for more clarity:

Website Usage Terms & Conditions

Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our privacy policy govern BiddingPond.com’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term ‘BiddingPond.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 600 Pease Lane West Islip, NY 11795. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms of use:
 The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website with the intent to bypass the "Main Page" or other documents without BiddingPond.com’s prior written consent. For purposes of this paragraph "Main Page" refers to any page and/or document that is intended to be viewed as a whole.*
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States, State of New York.

*Yes, full permission is given to link to individual auctions for legitimate purposes. I am a fond believer of if the users do the right thing, there is nothing to worry about. The terms of service are not meant to impede legitimate fair use of links and information on this site. These terms of use are here to notify illegitimate users that bandwidth theft(image hot linking) and other nefarious access is not allowed.

nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 25, 2010, 06:43:04 PM

You know what would really help me as a buyer? If I could filter out all the 'Ships from USA, no international' auctions. I see stuff I like at a price I'd pay, only to find seller will not send to me.

Is that possible? Just Europe / USA / Everywhere else would be good enough (for me).
telyni

View Profile
August 29, 2010, 07:53:02 PM

I wonder what the ratio is of sold auctions to unsold. Nothing I've put up has gotten any interest yet.
semyazza

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 01:39:44 AM

You know what would really help me as a buyer? If I could filter out all the 'Ships from USA, no international' auctions. I see stuff I like at a price I'd pay, only to find seller will not send to me.

Is that possible? Just Europe / USA / Everywhere else would be good enough (for me).

I will add that to the TODO list.
semyazza

View Profile
August 30, 2010, 01:41:32 AM

I wonder what the ratio is of sold auctions to unsold. Nothing I've put up has gotten any interest yet.

Live Auctions   26   
Closed Auctions   42

I'm working on automating the rest of the stats and putting up an info page for those who are interested.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: