Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A site like Quibids.com For BTC  (Read 1457 times)
GambitBTC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:56:59 AM

Anyone know of anything like that?

I think the bitcoin community might be into the idea of penny (or satoshi) auctions
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinnewbit

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

I think the bitcoin community might be into the idea of penny (or satoshi) auctions
yep definitely. Something like quibids and listia could be a great idea.
IceGuru

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

/

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:27:58 AM

yep definitely. Something like quibids and listia could be a great idea.

+1 for listia

My GF would like the idea

GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:31:58 PM

Would anyone be interested in working on this project with me? Would need investors and a couple programmers.
coinnewbit

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:45:34 AM

Would anyone be interested in working on this project with me? Would need investors and a couple programmers.
I can act as staff, but I only have a hundred or so in bitcoin right now
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:08:33 AM

So, you would buy one satoshi for 60 cents worth of bitcoin?   Doesn't make sense if you understand how Quibids works.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:10:04 AM

So, you would buy one satoshi for 60 cents worth of bitcoin?   Doesn't make sense if you understand how Quibids works.

No the exacts would certainly have to be worked out, i was simply putting out the basic concept.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:16:29 AM

Mokimarket used to do this.  They shut down because it wasn't successful enough.  Not enough bids for them to make money.
GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:31:37 AM

Mokimarket used to do this.  They shut down because it wasn't successful enough.  Not enough bids for them to make money.

Great point
BitPhotos

Activity: 336

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:39:18 AM

Great point

well i think it sounds like there is interest! do like one auction a day that way it is guaranteed to make money

GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:14:31 AM

You guys are an awesome focus group
coinnewbit

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:15:35 AM

You guys are an awesome focus group
thanks! Why do you say that though?
GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:25:01 AM

The amount of useful feedback that the thread is receiving just from a few posts.
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:24:13 AM

That site is such a scam! Too many bots, guess you need to use bot when starting up and building a user base though.

GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 05:10:44 PM

That site is such a scam! Too many bots, guess you need to use bot when starting up and building a user base though.

See i never have actually used quibids, i just like the idea, with additional rules added.
manic

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:34:02 PM

Mokimarket didn't have bots unless it was in the last month or two they were open..

There are a couple of current penny auction sites for bidding on cryptocurrency but I don't know of any for bidding on items that use cryptocurrency instead of usd
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:54:55 AM

The way those sites work is based on activity.

Unfortunately for one of those sites to be extremely successful it needs to be appear active. Quibids has enough traffic to appear active without the requirement of bots. Luckily they rode penny auctions up so I don't believe they ever did use the unethical approach of bots (I may be wrong).

Because these sites need to appear active, and there is a lot of competition, naturally webmasters resort to bots to increase profit and make the website look active. It's unethical, and a horrible business model to have, but the only way one of these sites would work or become remotely popular now-a-days.

I have seen penny auctions work rather well within niches, but only when there is a community backing it. For example, Paintball -> http://www.markerbids.com/

I don't think the Bitcoin community would be active enough within this, as well as it's already been demonstrated, and failed.

Unless you want to be unethical within production for one of these sites, I recommend you don't do one of these sites until Bitcoin is popular enough... At which point Quibids may be already allowing payment via Bitcoin.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
GambitBTC (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:50:06 AM

The way those sites work is based on activity.

Unfortunately for one of those sites to be extremely successful it needs to be appear active. Quibids has enough traffic to appear active without the requirement of bots. Luckily they rode penny auctions up so I don't believe they ever did use the unethical approach of bots (I may be wrong).

Because these sites need to appear active, and there is a lot of competition, naturally webmasters resort to bots to increase profit and make the website look active. It's unethical, and a horrible business model to have, but the only way one of these sites would work or become remotely popular now-a-days.

I have seen penny auctions work rather well within niches, but only when there is a community backing it. For example, Paintball -> http://www.markerbids.com/

I don't think the Bitcoin community would be active enough within this, as well as it's already been demonstrated, and failed.

Unless you want to be unethical within production for one of these sites, I recommend you don't do one of these sites until Bitcoin is popular enough... At which point Quibids may be already allowing payment via Bitcoin.

Thank you for the input
Catastrough

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:00:10 PM

Idk, I went there, I signed up. I checked out some shit. Found out ebay, craigslist, and a bunch of other websites were cheaper..so fuck them. Also, the whole token thing. 1 token doesn't equal 1 dollar. And below it says they have employees price hiking for them..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: