Bitcoin Forum
October 01, 2024, 09:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy - the new Mt. Gox! Shut Down? Hacked? Never Seen Before!!  (Read 3130 times)
d2dtk (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:52:50 AM

Okay the title is just to get your attention. I have no belief they are the new Mt. Gox, however I don't think they chose the best time of day to update their system. I'm missing conis and have quad druppel of others while the market is frozen and the only thing going on over there is question after question in the troll box...

How are you coping without being able to trade?

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:59:42 AM

Okay the title is just to get your attention. I have no belief they are the new Mt. Gox, however I don't think they chose the best time of day to update their system. I'm missing conis and have quad druppel of others while the market is frozen and the only thing going on over there is question after question in the troll box...

How are you coping without being able to trade?

they did not choose to "update their system". I was online when it happened. the first thing that happened was that some estimated balances and balances I think,started changing. Something went wrong somewhere. this is the first thing I noticed

Then they started an "audit".

i asked one of the chatbox admins if there had been any large unusual withdrawals, and he said "no".
But many people there are complaining of "negative balances". So hopefully it's just an internal thing that can be sorted
d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:04:03 AM

they did not choose to "update their system". I was online when it happened. the first thing that happened was that some balances started changing. Something went wrong somewhere. this is the first thing I noticed

Then they started an "audit".
I have been banned from chat it seems for saying this...so they obviously are trying to keep it quiet.

It appears that the guys who are admins in the chatbox don't know what happened, but are trying to tell everyone it is all ok.
i asked one of them if there had been any large unusual withdrawals, and he said "no".
But many people there are complaining of "negative balances".
AH! I was there when it happen too. I was messing around with BC trying to pump it with a few others. Noticed my balance skyrocketed and everyone on chat was saying they lost theirs or had more coins. 

This supposed unexpected update or audit or what ever they want to call it is quiet fishy.

z0rr0

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:04:39 AM

Stop spreading FUD, everything will be ok, this is not a gox or coinex.
Negative balance thing happened before (about a year ago), and all was sorted out to normal.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:11:19 AM

We pushed an update to the system that audits balances. It was meant to be done in the background but an issue arose that required us to halt trading and withdrawals until finished.

Nothing to worry about
d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:13:13 AM

We pushed an update to the system that audits balances. It was meant to be done in the background but an issue arose that required us to halt trading and withdrawals until finished.

Nothing to worry about

Mullick, why'd you leave the chat box? Trading was doing fine while it was auditing earlier, like the other poster stated this has happened in  a long time.

edit: Nevermind, I see you're still there and so is another mod.

BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:14:41 AM

Negative balance thing happened before (about a year ago), and all was sorted out to normal.

"normal" you mean back to being ffcked up? I finally got my negative balance thingy sorted after trolling the mods for weeks and now it's more of the same! FUD is when you make baseless statements for your own gain. This is just keeping it real. How do they expect anyone to have confidence in USD/BTC exchange when things like this keep happening time and time again? This ain't nuffin new ....i think their database was breeched but thats just a WAG!  

zzzz Roll Eyes

*stay tuned*

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:19:48 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 05:47:38 AM by Bit_Happy

Nothing to worry about

I was concerned, but it seems to be back to normal now.
Let's hope the audit is accurate because I had a highly unusual negative balance right after a buy order was completed.

Edit:
Not normal, still messed up...

BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:29:02 AM

Nothing to worry about

Wink

thanks bud!

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:29:37 AM

I just posted facts. Cryptsy has made no statement to calm peoples fears. If Cryptsy did that that would be the best solution
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:32:32 AM

Nothing to worry about

So....the update caused balances to be too high in some accounts and negative in others?   I'm sure that is a possibility but it would be good if someone could just confirm this.
At the moment it has the appearance of...."its just an update, nothing to worry about"
But naturally that might make people ask about the wrong balances.
d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:36:55 AM

Wink

thanks bud!

Obi one is dead man...he dead!! There is no hope, we're all doomed!  Grin

BigVern @cryptsy
Trading paused to perform some maintenance.  Will resume shortly. - 3HR Ago

Mind you this happen almost 7 hours ago and they still have not ETA

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 05:57:34 AM

More reasons to switch to Atomic.  Wink

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
carpe

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:01:04 AM

At least he responded to this thread.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:03:42 AM

Slightly concerning, let's hope they quickly regain control and restore balances

d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:09:46 AM

At least he responded to this thread.

He didn't respond to this thread, a chat mod responded. BigBURN responded once, only on Cryptsy (twitter) from what i've seen.

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 06:10:33 AM

Thanks mullick for responding on this thread..! I hope what you claim is true and things will get shorted out real quick..!

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 06:16:57 AM

Negative balance happen there on a regular basis.  last major one that affected a large number of users was only a few months back.  Hopefully it gets sorted out but people have lost money there from these bugs eg: orders being processed multiple time resulted in negative amounts in one coin (usually btc) and huge surplus in another.
Some of this seems to go undetected for months before the full audit corrects it, and because occurs long after, it then makes it difficult to get cryptsy to acknowledge, fix it or do anything more then a copypaste reply from their support repeating the situation they have or asking for details that cant be provided anymore and a donation for being "helpful".   Undecided

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 06:32:48 AM

More reasons to switch to Atomic.  Wink

ot--^Atomic is ddos'ed right now! =\

*cryptsy balances BACK UP!!!  Grin weeeee

d2dtk (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:49:09 AM

Seems like Cryptsy chat mods are getting a little ban happy.

Banned someone for a year for asking a rumored question...

qwerty55609
anal? yeah, some call it that, but I call it "making love the real way"...

*** System Message ***
qwerty55609 has been banned from chat for 1 day

glengould251
@*** System Message ***: So why exactly was qwerty banned ?

Terminative671
qwerty got banned for being sexy

dre2day
I heard cryptsy CEO murdered himself?? Can you comment on this?

*** System Message ***

dre2day has been banned from chat for 1 year

supacoin
i mean seriously, how the fuck can anyone take this site seriously when they say USD coming and they can't get even simple magic internet money right FFS

*** System Message ***
supacoin has been banned from chat for 1 hour

Crypnotic
@supacoin: banned

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: