Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 02:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NOTHING have changed? Think again. You've all seen this but nobody understands??  (Read 1263 times)
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:12:26 AM

http://blockchain.info/no/charts/hash-rate

This has changed. The low hashrate of november made the network vulnerable to a 51% strike, which caused the chinese/investors to pull back and wait for a better more secure time to invest. That is now and they are doing it this very moment.

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:20:34 AM

no
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:21:04 PM

no

You don't understand? The harsh rate is the "infrastructure" the winklewoss was talking about to get ready in the "next 6 month" in nov/dec.
frienemy

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

I was promised da moon

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:23:22 PM

no

You don't understand? The harsh rate is the "infrastructure" the winklewoss was talking about to get ready in the "next 6 month" in nov/dec.

*facepalm in progress*

MCTRL_751 >   END OF LINE
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 12:27:48 PM

Trolololol
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:34:03 PM

yes, hash rate = strength of the network = more capital can be stored. you would not want to transfer a million dollars over a network supported by a 100k dollar infrastructure - because it could be easily overpowered and your money just gone.

50 petahash network, on the other hand, costs about 500 million dollars at the current tech levels. It allows you to invest and transfer millions safely, without worrying about all but the most powerful attackers.

i am satoshi
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 12:52:09 PM

yes, hash rate = strength of the network = more capital can be stored. you would not want to transfer a million dollars over a network supported by a 100k dollar infrastructure - because it could be easily overpowered and your money just gone.

50 petahash network, on the other hand, costs about 500 million dollars at the current tech levels. It allows you to invest and transfer millions safely, without worrying about all but the most powerful attackers.

Exactly. This is common knowledge though right? Why doesn't People understand that this is what made the chinese pull the break in nov/dev? I bet there is an arms race going on right now and its all about making sure you can either Control the network and make it safe for Your Money or to collaborate With a network of big mining Companies.
c0ldfusi0nz

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

I'm with TERA on this one. The answer, quite simply, is "no."

Longer version: claiming that of the multitude of factors that affect the exchange rate, only the hash rate of the network matters: sheer ignorance.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:31:44 PM

I'm with TERA on this one. The answer, quite simply, is "no."

Longer version: claiming that of the multitude of factors that affect the exchange rate, only the hash rate of the network matters: sheer ignorance.

I don't see anybody on this thread claiming that.

i am satoshi
de3mka

Activity: 102
Merit: 13

How do I change an avatar?

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:37:04 PM

More hashrate doesn't make the network automatically less vulnerable to a 51% attack, but the distribution of hashpower does.
If I build a new pool and attract more than half of current miners to use my pool, I don't care what the hash rate is. So your point, OP, is not valid.

Under "the infrastructure" they really mean adoption (places to accept the currency, payment processors, ATMs, etc..), not the hashrate.

BTC: 16o89714EG9WGyi39NxifutFYk55QkxqQK
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:39:50 PM

This has changed. The low hashrate of november made the network vulnerable to a 51% strike, which caused the chinese/investors to pull back and wait for a better more secure time to invest. That is now and they are doing it this very moment.

I think Op is confusing a few things.  I have not checked but lets assume hashrate in november was low.  It may or may not have been vulnerable.  But I do not think it caused the chinese investors to pull back (security issues).  Happening now?  I dont think so.

Op probably means well but seems to be confused.  Op read coindesk or search google news and then search bitcoin on there to find articles.
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:05:50 PM

I think Op is confusing a few things.  I have not checked but lets assume hashrate in november was low.  It may or may not have been vulnerable.  But I do not think it caused the chinese investors to pull back (security issues).  Happening now?  I dont think so.

Op probably means well but seems to be confused.  Op read coindesk or search google news and then search bitcoin on there to find articles.

I don't have details of stuff but Im pretty sure im right on this one.

Hash rate/distribution of hash rate, whatever mate. You know what im talking about(and that is, once again, SECURITY from a 51% strike).

And Yeah I'm not saying Hash rate is the first and only thing that decides the Exchange rate. But once again: If it is undeveloped, as it was in november, someone can easily "take over" the network.

I am btw assuming Bitcoin is a weapon(my other thread, just try the idea in Your head for a sec) and that the chinese investors are far more coordinated than you fanboys think.

Do you guys here on spec Board have good knowledge of the ASIC miners and stuff like that? Because, I'm pretty sure that stuff and the Technology is far, far, faaaaaaaaaar more important than you realize. If you have the best Technology you have a huge advantage. Compare old to special developed ASICs.

serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:17:41 PM

Are you saying you think the facebook twins are intending to do it?

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:39:25 PM

Actually it's the other way around.

High bitcoin price => mining is more profitable => more miners

Hashrate follows price, but price does not follow hashrate.
TERA

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:33:07 PM

no

I do understand, and I refute. Based on the timing of the Chinese crash, it had to do with the PBOC factor and not hashrate. Most Chinese investors don't even know what a 'hashrate' is and they just trade bitcoin because it is a shadow currency and they are a shadow currency trader in the trillion dollar Chinese shadow currency market.

Actually, the network has gotten weaker because now mining strength is concentrated into large corporations and pools, which could become compromised. The power of the hardware used is less relevant because governments could always buy whatever our current hardware is themselves and they have more money to do it. But why even bother to do that when they could infilitrate the people behind the corporations and pools or use a virus.
NationOwnedCCNow (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:45:20 PM

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-small-lin.png

Reality disagrees
TERA

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:48:07 PM

Reality disagrees
Can you point on out on this chart the proof for the causation effect between hashrate to price?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: