Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITSTAMP ask me to Re verify again.  (Read 3773 times)
ninjapug (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:27:17 PM

I was verified about 2 months ago and recently got a support message asking me to do it all over again. I did not even request any withdrawal.  I have already transferred USD $11 000 previously.
But this time round they rejected it. Below is their reply. I have submitted 600 DPI documents to them, they still rejected it unless they only want 300 DPI.
I am really disappointed and feel cheated by BITSTAMP. Anybody experienced the same case of re-verification? Please give me advice.

We regret to inform you that your verification request has been denied.

Reason:
ID document does not meet our verification standards - we are unable to determine the validity of the submitted ID document.

Please submit a high quality (300dpi) color image of your other valid ID document where all the required information is clearly visible. Please submit an image of your international passport (double page).

Please resubmit your documents as described on our verification page: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/verify/

If you have any questions regarding Bitstamp exchange service please read our FAQ or use our support form (https://www.bitstamp.net/support/). Our support staff will be more than happy to assist you.
nkocevar

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:29:43 PM

Have you tried to create, or have created another account with the same name?

nkocevar

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:30:16 PM

Im just going to go off of the assumption that you aren't allowed to have more than one account.

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:39:00 PM

This kind of shit really pisses me off.

It's an excuse. I hope you get your money out of there before they close down.
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:43:14 PM

This kind of shit really pisses me off.

It's an excuse. I hope you get your money out of there before they close down.

More FUD.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:44:10 PM

I was verified about 2 months ago and recently got a support message asking me to do it all over again. I did not even request any withdrawal.  I have already transferred USD $11 000 previously.

If you don't like Bitstamp, don't use them. It's a market.

ninjapug (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:54:00 PM

If you don't like Bitstamp, don't use them. It's a market.

I did not say i don't like Bitstamp. And i only have one account.
ninjapug (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:56:42 PM

Im just going to go off of the assumption that you aren't allowed to have more than one account.

Only one account.
5flags

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:57:46 PM

I did not say i don't like Bitstamp. And i only have one account.

I guarantee you that there is not one person (possible exception of the AML officer) at Bitstamp who thinks that AML rules are good for business. They suck, but companies like Bitstamp straddle the fiat crypto divide and have to be seen to be absolutely on the ball with AML rules, for their own good.

It costs them money to verify your docs, risks upsetting customers and causes generally unpleasant feelings all round. It's just very unlikely that they aren't doing it for a good reason.

Perhaps someone tried to register with the same details. Would be worth asking them what triggered the check.

samson
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:15:08 PM

It's highly unlikely someone registered with the same details.

We're talking about name and date of birth here - these are fairly unique when combined.

Random reverifications after a deposit are highly suspicious in my opinion.
samson
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:16:19 PM

Only one account.

Did you send the payment from a bank account where the name matches your verified ID ?
RockHound

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:22:07 PM

But this time round they rejected it. Below is their reply. I have submitted 600 DPI documents to them, they still rejected it unless they only want 300 DPI.
I am really disappointed and feel cheated by BITSTAMP. Anybody experienced the same case of re-verification? Please give me advice.

We regret to inform you that your verification request has been denied.

Reason:
ID document does not meet our verification standards - we are unable to determine the validity of the submitted ID document.

Please submit a high quality (300dpi) color image of your other valid ID document where all the required information is clearly visible. Please submit an image of your international passport (double page).

Please resubmit your documents as described on our verification page: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/verify/

If you have any questions regarding Bitstamp exchange service please read our FAQ or use our support form (https://www.bitstamp.net/support/). Our support staff will be more than happy to assist you.

A lot of us Bitstamp clients have had this over the past 2 months - They're a great company in my opinion and take extra measures for KYC, especially for high volume traders. Just make sure you follow the verification instructions to the tee. Incidentally what verification documents did you upload (passport, drivers license?) and did send you a KYC Questionnaire to complete?
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:24:15 PM

dont have bad experience with them, your case is probably very unusual
ninjapug (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:40:27 PM

From the reply in my post, It Seems to me they want my passport instead of my ID.
RockHound

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:51:24 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2014, 04:33:58 PM by RockHound

From the reply in my post, It Seems to me they want my passport instead of my ID.

Yes originally I also got Verified using my Drivers license, then they requested a double page scan of my Passport.

Here's a video they posted 2 months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egv_BDCiR-E
mktrader

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Hello World!!!

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:54:55 PM

If you have the passport then simply send them the scan; they usually take 2-3 days to verify. If you don't have a passport then ask them for an alternative type of identification documents(s).

Price Poll: bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=555609
ninjapug (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:50:21 PM

Yes originally I also got Verified using my Drivers license, then they requested a double page scan of my Passport.

Here's a video they posted 2 months ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egv_BDCiR-E

Haha At least someone was in the same boat as me before. Thanks
general lee

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:08:39 PM

You do not need any verification at btc-e Smiley
stambous

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:30:06 PM

Of course that BTCE need verification.Without it you cannot withdraw anything:-)

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
samson
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:55:45 PM

Of course that BTCE need verification.Without it you cannot withdraw anything:-)

That's not how it used to work there.

The last time I checked you need to verify when you deposit.

To make a withdraw all I needed to do was send bank details and $10k was on the way. This was some time ago.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: