Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:15:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Save Gox  (Read 11351 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:06:58 PM

mark has still not filed for bankruptcy. he is sitting on millions in fiat in japan just lulzing at all of us suckers.

Ok but it's not like he can just run out and exchange them for fiat and run to Argentina. If he could even dump that kind of coin somewhere it would return the price of Bitcoins to a penny. To slowly dump that many coins he will need to slowly trickle them out over many years and by then something else will happen to him. Did you see the pictures of the protesters in front of his building? If there are people willing to spend their time and money to protest. He needs to worry about people willing to spend their time and money on more than just protesting. I don't think this is going to end well for him and I'm not talking about a criminal case. I wonder if any of those coins belonged to the Russian mob or a drug cartel?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:09:18 PM

Simple yes or no:
It is already too late to change the most recent court "decision", correct?

Even if there is a liquidation, anyone can come along and buy the name, user list, domain, logo, website, code, etc... and I suppose Bitcoin, and restart a new company with everything in tact except the debt. There are probably limitations on who can buy it. For example, Mark would not be allow to purchase it.

There are assets there and they do have value. The question is, "how much?" This will largely depend on the value of Bitcoin itself.
Aditya

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

Simple yes or no:
It is already too late to change the most recent court "decision", correct?

Even if there is a liquidation, anyone can come along and buy the name, user list, domain, logo, website, code, etc... and I suppose Bitcoin, and restart a new company with everything in tact except the debt. There are probably limitations on who can buy it. For example, Mark would not be allow to purchase it.

There are assets there and they do have value. The question is, "how much?" This will largely depend on the value of Bitcoin itself.

Hope that it will be sold all in Bitcoin and all goxed customer paid in Bitcoin.

ATLAS.WORK     ║   WHITEPAPER  •  BOUNTIES  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE FREELANCE REVOLUTION
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:53:37 AM

Re: Save Gox
---------------

Lesson #1:

Never Reward Failure.

Lesson #2:

Mt. Gox is ruined.

Lesson #3:

Those bidding a lone 1 btc for Mt. Gox are simply vulture parasites.

The most important lesson:

Real capitalists never reward failure, let alone fraud with failure.
=========================================

The Last Lesson here:

The only other valuable asset left at Mt. Gox is the mailing list of customers.

The parasites bidding a lone 1 btc for Mt. Gox desire that mailing list
and could care less about the rest of Mt. Gox. Their simply scammers.
Above all else they want the sole rights to that mailing list for next to
nothing at all (in this case 1 single bitcoin).

Anyone wanting to 'save Mt. Gox' isn't a Capitalist at all.
====================================

It's assets (the mailing list) needs to be auctioned off. And the rest of
it liquidated.

In real capitalism the strong hands take over after the weak hands fail.
The western world used to operate that way until the parasites and
maggots fully hijacked and compromised the western world.

Sadly a generation is now being taught to reward failure after failure
mixed with fraud after fraud.

How dare you behave like a bailout queens while scamming up yet
another scam!

NEVER REWARD FAILURE.

Repeat after me:

NEVER REWARD FAILURE.

Only Losers Crooks, and Parasites demand to reward failure.

Caveat emptor
Aditya

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 04:33:17 AM

Re: Save Gox
---------------

Lesson #1:

Never Reward Failure.

Lesson #2:

Mt. Gox is ruined.

Lesson #3:

Those bidding a lone 1 btc for Mt. Gox are simply vulture parasites.

The most important lesson:

Real capitalists never reward failure, let alone fraud with failure.
=========================================

The Last Lesson here:

The only other valuable asset left at Mt. Gox is the mailing list of customers.

The parasites bidding a lone 1 btc for Mt. Gox desire that mailing list
and could care less about the rest of Mt. Gox. Their simply scammers.
Above all else they want the sole rights to that mailing list for next to
nothing at all (in this case 1 single bitcoin).

Anyone wanting to 'save Mt. Gox' isn't a Capitalist at all.
====================================

It's assets (the mailing list) needs to be auctioned off. And the rest of
it liquidated.

In real capitalism the strong hands take over after the weak hands fail.
The western world used to operate that way until the parasites and
maggots fully hijacked and compromised the western world.

Sadly a generation is now being taught to reward failure after failure
mixed with fraud after fraud.

How dare you behave like a bailout queens while scamming up yet
another scam!

NEVER REWARD FAILURE.

Repeat after me:

NEVER REWARD FAILURE.

Only Losers Crooks, and Parasites demand to reward failure.

Caveat emptor

The new investor who want to bid on Mt Gox of course don't reward a failure. They just see an opportunity from this failure company.

ATLAS.WORK     ║   WHITEPAPER  •  BOUNTIES  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE FREELANCE REVOLUTION
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:40:05 AM

Is this a joke? Mtgox is dead. Second Market is coming to the game with an exchange based in NY that can handle millions of trades a second.. This is game over... Anyone who lost BTC @ Gox needs to realize this and move on. Yes go after mark in the legal sense but that's about it for gox and the coins.. There gone.
joehal

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:56:58 AM

There gone.

How are "there" gone if they just found 200k bitcoins ? How do you know that under pressure they'll not "find" another 200k ?

And to the guy above with the " In real capitalism the strong hands take over after the weak hands fail. "  what are the strong hands that took over after mt gox ? What better exchanges emerged after  ? None, zero, nada. We need much more exchanges than those 2 in Europe.

And if Gox is bought by some knowledgeable people it will be just like a new exchange, it won't have anything to do with the old management, so you all don't have to be so afraid.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:00:52 AM

There gone.

How are "there" gone if they just found 200k bitcoins ? How do you know that under pressure they'll not "find" another 200k ?

And to the guy above with the " In real capitalism the strong hands take over after the weak hands fail. "  what are the strong hands that took over after mt gox ? What better exchanges emerged after  ? None, zero, nada. We need much more exchanges than those 2 in Europe.

And if Gox is bought by some knowledgeable people it will be just like a new exchange, it won't have anything to do with the old management, so you all don't have to be so afraid.

That's why I said to go after mark legally. Try to find them, although I think they're gone and lost forever like my darling Clementine.

And like I mentioned above.. Second Market is entering the exchange game. They will offer a user experience like no other! Mark my words on that.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:24:48 AM

Second Market is coming to the game with an exchange based in NY that can handle millions of trades a second..
We don't need millions of trades a second. Gox averaged about two trades a minute. Gox talked about their "new high-speed trading engine" in development, but that wasn't their problem at all.
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 05:28:10 AM

They're gone.
They're somewhere. We'll probably find out where after enough evidence is obtained for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police to arrest and interrogate Karpeles.

For those who don't know this, police interrogations in Japan are much tougher than those in the US. They normally last 23 days.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 05:39:32 AM

Second Market is coming to the game with an exchange based in NY that can handle millions of trades a second..
We don't need millions of trades a second. Gox averaged about two trades a minute. Gox talked about their "new high-speed trading engine" in development, but that wasn't their problem at all.

Don't be so short sighted!  Gox was a mess from the beginning and the shitty laggy engine was behind all the first issues and major price crashes.

A major exchange run by Second Market will become the pinnacle of bitcoin trading.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 09:21:55 AM

This is a nice article on Karpeles carelessness:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/21/us-bitcoin-mtgox-karpeles-insight-idUSBREA3K01D20140421

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
JonHolmquist

Activity: 169
Merit: 101

Jon Holmquist

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 06:11:28 PM

The criminal investigation is more promising. That money went somewhere, and the bankruptcy trustee's job is to find out where and get it back. Now that the Tokyo police and the Tokyo district court both suspect an inside job, and Karpeles has been fired, I suspect there will be progress.

Current status:

Community:  200,000 BTC and the malleability lie detected.

Court and lawyers: None.

Is there any chance this community will govern itself?

We're expecting self-regulation but can't clean up our own messes...

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:07:30 PM

Nice read, thanks. That's the problem with trusting a company. How do you know the owner isn't completely nuts?

El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:33:29 PM

Nice read, thanks. That's the problem with trusting a company. How do you know the owner isn't completely nuts?

You should have know he was in 2011 when he went around this forum claiming his customers were terrorist and money launders for following the instructions Mark gave himself.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:48:16 PM

You should have know he was in 2011 when he went around this forum claiming his customers were terrorist and money launders for following the instructions Mark gave himself.

Yeah, guess that's true. We all should have seen it coming but hindsight is 20-20.

El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:20:25 PM

Yeah, guess that's true. We all should have seen it coming but hindsight is 20-20.

i was trying to warn people.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:27:12 PM

i was trying to warn people.

I remember Goat. You tried to warn people as early as the end of 2011 about Gox at the same time I was warning people about pirate. We should have listened to each other.  Wink

El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:38:42 PM

lol, fair enough Smiley

Trolling
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 10:55:37 PM

I had only vague suspicions about Gox until the "hiatus in withdrawals" last June. That was a huge red flag. When a real brokerage does that, like Lehman did, they're out of business within hours. I've been posting that Gox was probably broke since July 4, 2013, when their two-week "hiatus" ended and full withdrawals didn't resume. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: