Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:43:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What major events would have to occur for...  (Read 1608 times)
nkocevar (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:30:44 AM

What major events would have to occur for bitcoin to go back up to $1000 per? A government accepting it as a form of currency? A big business such as apple accepting it as a payment? Better and positive publicity? Lets get some ideas going...

beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:42:07 AM

I don't think anything big needs to happen, it will get there this year baring more serious bad news.

But something big like Wall Street investing would speed the process up.
nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:44:55 AM

I don't think anything big needs to happen, it will get there this year baring more serious bad news.

But something big like Wall Street investing would speed the process up.

Couldn't wall street "investing" put a bad light on bitcoin because it makes it seem more as an investment than a currency?

MrBea

Activity: 242

Bitcorns

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:07:08 AM

How about a major bank failure and subsequent bail-in.

Yikesy

Gathering bitcorns.
NorTiaN

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:14:16 AM

Serious taxation of wealthy bank accounts in bailed countries would drive the rich to seek elsewhere to store value... fiscal paradise, gold, bitcoin, etc...
Just any large event that causes a demand surge will drive the price up...
Inkvor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:25:32 AM

What major events would have to occur for bitcoin to go back up to $1000 per? A government accepting it as a form of currency? A big business such as apple accepting it as a payment? Better and positive publicity? Lets get some ideas going...

From a rich government they wont be accepting it as a for of currency but may be if swiss accepting it as a currency that will be really a big deal
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:53:58 AM

if google announces that it accepts bitcoin to pay for ads.
if ebay implements an escrow system and allows merchants to accept bitcoin for products.
if dx.com and/or alibaba.com starts accepting bitcoins for products.
if any developed nation accepts bitcoin to pay taxes.
if any major telecom/utilities company allows paying bills with bitcoin.
basically if any large franchise accepts bitcoin.
if the treasuries bubble pops, the fed starts printing fiat even faster and causes a hyperinflation.

nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:00:31 AM

if google announces that it accepts bitcoin to pay for ads.
if ebay implements an escrow system and allows merchants to accept bitcoin for products.
if dx.com and/or alibaba.com starts accepting bitcoins for products.
if any developed nation accepts bitcoin to pay taxes.
if any major telecom/utilities company allows paying bills with bitcoin.
basically if any large franchise accepts bitcoin.
if the treasuries bubble pops, the fed starts printing fiat even faster and causes a hyperinflation.

Or Walmart could start accepting bitcoin.. CVS maybe Meijer.. Some simple companies like that would be good for Bitcoin as well.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:51:13 AM

The vast majority of people following/watching BTC markets are long-term Bullish, and the fundamentals are strong too.
The "major events" are already happening.
The BTC economy is growing much faster than in 2010/2011/2012, so a trip back to $1,000 is just a question of when.

innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:04:42 AM

obviously , we will reach $1000,so long as China government announces accepting bitcoin and make sure exchanges will not be cracked down again.
and,you guys know , it's Chinese who pushed the price above $1,000
And also the Chinese who pushed the price down to $340
Chinese bitcoin community is strong,and Chinese has the key.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:05:13 AM

If we saw major adoption for it as a payment option - that would drive up demand from consumers (and bring in new blood) which would lead to an increase in price. It should eventually appreciate seeing as how we are regularly getting more and more people willing to buy it.
blackhathasher

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 03:46:03 AM

All the US has to do is keep borrowing money from the Chinese at the rate of $50 Billion a day and keep running the US economy into the toilet on their blood dollars and bitcoin only needs to pick up the pieces.

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:18:45 AM

If we dont get anymore bad news like mtgox, it should get to 1k easily

please unban me.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:44:42 AM

6.5billion cap ($500 a coin) is statistically saying that every person in the world as put $1 towards bitcoin

or

0.1% of the world has put just one months wage into bitcoin $1000

i prefer the use of the 0.1% only investing $1000 each

now imagine that either 0.2% adopted bitcoin with only a month of salary. laving their multiple thousands of savings as fiat.. then btc will easily rise.

or that the same 0.1% decided to put in $2000 each.

or. if you like maths.

if everyone invested just $100 a month (10% of salary) each month. every 10months bitcoin will rise by $500, meaning in 1 year it will be $1500 each. and in 18 months $2000 and in 2 years $2500..

and that is just playing with small numbers. now imagine the big investers throwing thousands at bitcoin each week/month.

the only set back that i can see is miners. many people are sing fiat to buy rigs and then cash out bitcoin to pay back electricity bills. the mining manufacturers are cashing out to pay chip companies and other suppliers and all the employee wages. which means all of this mining power is not to gain bitcoin hoards. but to invst into fiat companies like electronic components and utility companies.

one miners realise that they are not bitcoin investors. but fiat investers.. the equilibrium of people buying bitcoin to hoard will rise and the selling bitcoin to pay fiat bills will shrink

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:21:10 AM

6.5billion cap ($500 a coin) is statistically saying that every person in the world as put $1 towards bitcoin

or

now imagine that either 0.2% adopted bitcoin with only a month of salary. laving their multiple thousands of savings as fiat.. then btc will easily rise.

or. if you like maths.

if everyone invested just $100 a month (10% of salary) each month. every 10months bitcoin will rise by $500, meaning in 1 year it will be $1500 each. and in 18 months $2000 and in 2 years $2500..

and that is just playing with small numbers. now imagine the big investers throwing thousands at bitcoin each week/month.

the only set back that i can see is miners. many people are sing fiat to buy rigs and then cash out bitcoin to pay back electricity bills. the mining manufacturers are cashing out to pay chip companies and other suppliers and all the employee wages. which means all of this mining power is not to gain bitcoin hoards. but to invst into fiat companies like electronic components and utility companies.

one miners realise that they are not bitcoin investors. but fiat investers.. the equilibrium of people buying bitcoin to hoard will rise and the selling bitcoin to pay fiat bills will shrink

I like your train of thought
nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:40:59 AM

or

or. if you like maths.

Jesus. You really know your stuff. Thank you for your input. I can walk awau feeling as if I have learned something about how bitcoin could work xD

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:56:07 PM

I think nothing that important has to happen. It's enough if people get tired of the China drama plus a bit more media coverage.

Many weak hands have left the market already. Just a matter of time before depression will fade and euphoria will set in again.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
nkocevar (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:34:55 PM

I think nothing that important has to happen. It's enough if people get tired of the China drama plus a bit more media coverage.

Many weak hands have left the market already. Just a matter of time before depression will fade and euphoria will set in again.

ya.ya.yo!

I enjoyed the year of 2013 better. Much more was happening in the news, and the price was fluctuating greatly. Good times. Now, for me at least, bitcoin is getting dull (price fluctuation and interest-wise).

theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 01:35:25 PM

Time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
justbtcme

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:42:36 PM

We need a stable BTC exchange in the NYC area, or anywhere in the U.S. For that matter. We need stability first before another attempt at the 1k mark.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: