Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Enough Now! - CCB Announcement  (Read 1553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CCB - Official (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:55:48 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 08:20:48 AM by CCB - Official

Herpes coin? Rapecoin? Fuckcoin? Scamcoin?

ENOUGH!

These poor attempts are damaging the image of truly innovative crypto currencies in the world. We need to put a full stop on this madness.

So,

Today i announce CCB (Crypro Certification Board)

The board will review every old as well as new coin submitted on the basis of innovation, dedication, and future ideas for real world applications. Based on this review, certifications will be awarded to these coins. People will be educated to invest their time and money in CCB Certified coins only.

I request moderators and distinguished members to come forward and start sketching the workings of the board.

We really need this
CCB - Official (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:02:32 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2014, 08:20:22 AM by CCB - Official

Reserved -

1 post deleted, please read the OP
2nd post deleted, BTCat - We are not reviewing anything yet, please dont post about coins here
olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:05:48 AM

I don't want to go off topic, so feel free to delete my post...anyway, I just have a question to ask, since there are more and more posts here and in the altcoin section coming out about "scamcoins" and their overabundance. Aren't cryptocurrencies the wet dream of every liberist who wants complete freedom from central control and regulations? I suppose yes, even though not everyone involved in cryptocurrencies (me included) feels this way, but I guess the great majority does. So why would people fighting for Independence and freedom be the first to try to regulate, control and stop altcoins? This is exactly what you libertarians want and fight for!

Quoting Night Owl and the Comedian from Watchmen:
"What happened to us? What happened to the American Dream?"
"What happened to the American Dream?" It came true! You're lookin' at it..."

This is just a little question I was asking myself, if you are actually not a hyper libertarian I apologize, since most of the users here seem to be, I played with probability and lost Cheesy

iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:12:32 PM

I request moderators and distinguished members to come forward and start sketching the workings of the board.

For the record, these distinguished members do not/should not include: Spoetnik, Muddafucka, fr3wt or his two dozen alts, Shakezulu, Hazard, anyone associated with Cryptogenic Bullshit (the original 5ltc clonescam to make one guy rich) or any member of the Cryptsy "backroom" (that includes the egomaniacal Franko 'collective', BitJohn the clone pusher, Pr9me the graphics guy, Mullick the cloner on staff, Horus the Hobo) ahmedbodi the pool skimmer, or any one who used to be a carpet cleaner from Wisconsin that now hawks bullshit ones and zeros as wealth.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:57:28 AM

Can we please just move away from attacking the members of this community who wish to bring about some sort of change to the onslaught of coins. Can we just focus mainly on the point here which is the markets and core essence of what these ledgers represent are heavily diluted and confusing to new comers. If you want to make profit then get behind the boycot of new coins i think we have plenty of backups of ltc and btc now so lets start pushing out the new coins and educate people how and why its a bad thing to be releasing so many right now as opposed to focusing on the ones we have!

Becasue personally i see massive profit and growth in this space. If we can stop the immature rants at each other about how you think such and such person is not capable or trustworthy enough to start such a boycott. We need to educate people so they stop mining these new coins and mine the ones we have so they become secure. As an investor and a miner i look for security and just about all of these coins now are not secure at all including MinCoin! And thats why no one is really investing in their future, it will only get worse.
Bharat

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:17:13 AM

how the board know it is a good or bad coin

for sale
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:27:32 AM

To be honest i don't think anyone can ever stop people making them but we should really be trying to educate people as to why this is not looking good for the future and how they are cutting their profits and this spaces' relevance in half in a very short term cycle

Proper smart papers written and posts written about the effects of them and the damage they are doing to trust and alt coin viability in a world that dosn't really understand why they need them yet
and sure we will need quite a few chains one day i guess but right now people are just contributing to the dilution thus making it unprofitable and no incentive for real developers and coders with tallent to actually work on them or their infrastructure

I really challenge people to stop trying to take so much profit i can clearly see so many miners in a revolving door now and are losing way more then they could be making by supporting the already established coins and their networks, developers and talented coders! We need help to educate on the benefits to contribute to a sustainable future in this space instead of the mindset "i'm taking what i can get now and stfu". Because that is not going to last long and you will 100% make more and be a better person and more wealthy if you just slow down and look at what you are doing to this unique opportunity to make money for the rest of your life instead of making it for a year.
Stouse49

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:34:57 AM

Within the Wall Street investment community there are various rating agencies, such as Fitch, S&P and Moody's.  They rate many of the financial products, such as bonds.

There are many services in the crypto currency community and there have been many scams, hacking and thefts.  New users have fallen victim to all manner of fraud.

There would be much benefit from having multiple, competing ratings organizations for the many crypto currency services.  These organizations could rate all the services from exchanges, online wallets, markets, software developers, newsletters, hardware manufacturers and the coins themselves.

Crypto-currencies are not regulated by any government.  One of the points of Bitcoin and other currencies to be free of government regulation, but the free market can regulate itself.  Even in the anarchist dream of having no government, there would still be schools, police and fire departments, but they are privately operated.  Let there be privately operated ratings organizations; more than one so any bias from one group can be counterbalanced by the others.

Such a board could do its research and provide professionally written and well documented reports (with many footnotes, links and references) using their own standards for what constitutes a good or bad coin.  It will still be up to the user to determine if the board knows what they are talking about.  If a user could read three well reports from three different rating boards, he/she could hopefully make up his/her mind and have an informed decision not to invest in an IPO of a user with an activity of 3. 

These boards would have their hands full scouring the internet for all the information for their reports.

BTC:
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:46:13 AM

Thank you so much for your help. I really need someone to tell me Herpes coin is crap.

Oh this may be unrelated but can someone please tell me the difference between my ass and elbow?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:50:20 AM

Within the Wall Street investment community there are various rating agencies, such as Fitch, S&P and Moody's.  They rate many of the financial products, such as bonds.

There are many services in the crypto currency community and there have been many scams, hacking and thefts.  New users have fallen victim to all manner of fraud.

There would be much benefit from having multiple, competing ratings organizations for the many crypto currency services.  These organizations could rate all the services from exchanges, online wallets, markets, software developers, newsletters, hardware manufacturers and the coins themselves.

Crypto-currencies are not regulated by any government.  One of the points of Bitcoin and other currencies to be free of government regulation, but the free market can regulate itself.  Even in the anarchist dream of having no government, there would still be schools, police and fire departments, but they are privately operated.  Let there be privately operated ratings organizations; more than one so any bias from one group can be counterbalanced by the others.

Such a board could do its research and provide professionally written and well documented reports (with many footnotes, links and references) using their own standards for what constitutes a good or bad coin.  It will still be up to the user to determine if the board knows what they are talking about.  If a user could read three well reports from three different rating boards, he/she could hopefully make up his/her mind and have an informed decision not to invest in an IPO of a user with an activity of 3.  

These boards would have their hands full scouring the internet for all the information for their reports.

You mean the rating agencies who facilitated the last economic depression by labeling junk Class AAA. Or maybe you mean rating agencies like Egan-Jones who was the only honest agency who got thrown out for a technicality on some paper work. Yeah please more regulation that's exactly what decentralized digital currency that attempts to avoid government politically motivated BS.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:56:55 AM

Here is what we need as a community. We need people to bring news of CRypto togther from people who know what they are talking about. They can review new coins etc just like any new technology gets reviewed. So I'm not suggesting some decentralized power I'm just suggesting that there is an opportunity in the market for a better blog, website, news site that really brings it all together. And not just focused on the big players like Bitcoin.

Anyone can do this if they have the desire to bring better knowledge to the crypto world. That's all we need.....And it will happen I believe if it hasn't already?

So great opportunity, website that brings alternative economic news, tech and Crypto together, get to it....someone.
Stouse49

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:08:52 AM

You mean the rating agencies who facilitated the last economic depression by labeling junk Class AAA. Or maybe you mean rating agencies like Egan-Jones who was the only honest agency who got thrown out for a technicality on some paper work. Yeah please more regulation that's exactly what decentralized digital currency that attempts to avoid government politically motivated BS.

You rightfully point out the problems of government approved ratings agencies.  Hopefully no one is advocating government intervention.  However the principle is having a services that review other services and coins is still valid and would satisfy the following:

We need people to bring news of CRypto together from people who know what they are talking about. They can review new coins etc just like any new technology gets reviewed. So I'm not suggesting some decentralized power I'm just suggesting that there is an opportunity in the market for a better blog, website, news site that really brings it all together. And not just focused on the big players like Bitcoin.

BTC:
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:25:50 AM

So,

The board will review every old as well as new coin submitted on the basis of innovation, dedication, and future ideas for real world applications. Based on this review, certifications will be awarded to these coins. People will be educated to invest their time and money in CCB Certified coins only.

We really need this

And what is your background and why do you feel you are qualified to start this type of group?

As stated by someone else, if you want distinguished members here, you may have slim pickings if you want honest appraisals. Many distinguished people here are 'distinguished' for their bad behavior .. the same people who formed that shitcoin killing group. And the same people who have scammed and cheated people here with their shitcoins, or have taken part in their own shady dealings.

And forum moderators barely show up here at all, as from what I can see. Normal moderated forums would have removed coins like rapecoin as soon as they were posted -- both for moral reasons, and legal reasons.

Sad as it is to say, this place is not the place to look for honest members who can fairly review coins. You'll basically end up with scammers reviewing other coins from scammers.

Anyway, I believe the exchanges may be arranging something like this anyway? Or some group is. I recall the NobleCoin dev commenting on some groups forming as a way to rate coins. If they charge for it, it's bad news. If free, and if the members are professionally organized (meaning not based on some forum post), I guess it could be better than nothing.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:35:44 AM

So,

We really need this

And what is your background and why do you feel you are qualified to start this type of group?

As stated by someone else, if you want distinguished members here, you may have slim pickings if you want honest appraisals. Many distinguished people here are 'distinguished' for their bad behavior .. the same people who formed that shitcoin killing group. And the same people who have scammed and cheated people here with their shitcoins, or have taken part in their own shady dealings.

And forum moderators barely show up here at all, as from what I can see. Normal moderated forums would have removed coins like rapecoin as soon as they were posted -- both for moral reasons, and legal reasons.

Sad as it is to say, this place is not the place to look for honest members who can fairly review coins. You'll basically end up with scammers reviewing other coins from scammers.

Anyway, I believe the exchanges may be arranging something like this anyway? Or some group is. I recall the NobleCoin dev commenting on some groups forming as a way to rate coins. If they charge for it, it's bad news. If free, and if the members are professionally organized (meaning not based on some forum post), I guess it could be better than nothing.

Satoshi started Bitcoin based on some forum post! This is not about someone needing the skillset to start something like this. It is a person actually being proactive to start something like this.
Problem here is the media landscape has groomed us to not trust individuals anymore thus having to trust in institutions it is a fallacy and its very point is to keep us from banding together and that is why we get this heavy paranoia in here about scammers when there is little proof from anyone that there is in fact any scam going forward! My suggestion is try and keep this to what it is..an attempt to round up some like minded mature individuals to help setup something that can be beneficial for this space..don't ruin that and twist it into your paranoias, misconceptions and warped view on reality!
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:42:32 AM

Thank you so much for your help. I really need someone to tell me Herpes coin is crap.

Oh this may be unrelated but can someone please tell me the difference between my ass and elbow?

Yeah, that is another valid point. If someone needs a group to tell them that they shouldn't invest their life savings into Herpes Coin or Rape Coin, they have bigger problems than how to invest in a coin. They should see a doctor as perhaps they just had a stroke or fell on their head one too many times.

What people probably could use, but it's out of our hands, is real forum moderation. And I don't mean censorship. I mean outright scams (like nearly 100% certain it's a scam), trolling, and coins that are over the top offensive or clearly pure junk (such as those promoting illegal activity) ... could be cleaned up from the forum. There is no way to stop people from making terrible coins, nor should anyone even try to stop them. But the forum can be  moderated to a somewhat normal extent.

Again, no way to make the moderators do this, however.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:43:20 AM

The board will review every old as well as new coin submitted on the basis of innovation, dedication, and future ideas for real world applications.

stop with the innovation bs since btc/ltc there hasn't been any Smiley nothing of note other then innovation to say its 'innovative' and flog of an equally shit scamcoin.
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:47:20 AM

Satoshi started Bitcoin based on some forum post! This is not about someone needing the skillset to start something like this. It is a person actually being proactive to start something like this.
Problem here is the media landscape has groomed us to not trust individuals anymore thus having to trust in institutions it is a fallacy and its very point is to keep us from banding together and that is why we get this heavy paranoia in here about scammers when there is little proof from anyone that there is in fact any scam going forward! My suggestion is try and keep this to what it is..an attempt to round up some like minded mature individuals to help setup something that can be beneficial for this space..don't ruin that and twist it into your paranoias, misconceptions and warped view on reality!

You automatically assume I felt the OP was not qualified, I see.

I never said such. I simply asked if the OP had any qualifications that would make him appropriate to start such a group.

If a new member, they may not have the background as to know what type of people post in this forum or enough experience with cryptos. Hence why I asked. And if not a new member, we'd question why they are using a fake account.

Edited: mistakenly thought the OP was replying.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:50:23 AM

I think if people want to invest in coins called rapecoin, scamcoin and Fuckcoin then let them. If you are going to make an website rating all the different coins then sure but I don't think Bitcointalk should be regulated like this. I've seen the threads of these particular coins and I was a bit the same at first but then realized that I really don't care because it's up to each individual to make up their own mind. Many new people will start with Bitcoin and coming here I doubt their first choice would be a coin called rapecoin or scamcoin and if they did invest in them, it is up to them.  
poornamelessme

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:58:54 AM

I think if people want to invest in coins called rapecoin, scamcoin and Fuckcoin then let them. If you are going to make an website rating all the different coins then sure but I don't think Bitcointalk should be regulated like this. I've seen the threads of these particular coins and I was a bit the same at first but then realized that I really don't care because it's up to each individual to make up their own mind. Many new people will start with Bitcoin and coming here I doubt their first choice would be a coin called rapecoin or scamcoin and if they did invest in them, it is up to them.  

I think such groups rating coins are on their way, regardless of what this forum does. I do question if they are needed for coins like rapecoin/scamcoin/fuckcoin and the like, however. I mean, what type of person needs a rating group to tell them that those coins may not be wise investments?

I'd be fine with some forum moderation here, within reason. To be honest, I was surprised when I started here and saw basically no moderation whatsoever. I'd say removing anything promoting illegal activity wouldn't be such a bad idea. It doesn't matter though what we say, as if moderators haven't done anything about it by now, I doubt they will.
HarryPotterCoin

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:10:51 AM

Um... freedom is a key of creation.

Over freedom is also a key of destruction.

So let's the natural selection dictates who will survive.

However, CCB (if finally formed) can provide a guideline for helping people to judge which coins are good, which are bad.

CCB won't judge, but help people to judge by themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: