Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the genuine new code coins?  (Read 1726 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:57:32 AM

I have invested in NXT cause I thought it was a genuinely new product. I have also invested in the IPO for Qora which is the developer is to be believed is also a completely new code and coin. I want to invest in coins that are genuinely new codes and are brand new. Not coins that are recoded of NXT or Bitcoin etc but It's hard to see what is new and what is BS at the moment with so many IPO's.

So my question is what are the genuine new coded coins not built on top of other coins. Personally I like NEM and some other NXT related coins but I don't see them as 100% new codes even if they claim it.

So far my understanding is:

1. Bitcoin (original, new code)
2. NXT (completely new code)
3. Emunie (is this still on?)
4. Etherieum (still on? is it based on Bitcoin or new code,some concerns with Goldman Sachs?)
5. Exo coin (seems like new code?)
6. Ripple (people hate it but it is new and still could become the one that become mainstream)
7. Qora (seems legit now and is claimed to be a new code)

I want to invest in the real innovators, but I can't see in the threads what is new and what is a clone or BS, scam etc anymore. Can we make a list of actually new coins. I recognise many clones and coins built on others can be great and winners but my strategy is to invest in the innovators cause I think in the end the originals will win once all the marketing and BS dies down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:58:41 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 11:23:58 AM by shekelsteingoyberg2

New code?
Look at the features they list for the coins.

You can literally compare the features listed by some coins to the features of other coins and they are exactly the same because it's just a litecoin clone with some variables changed.

>oh but we put mining in the wallet!
>b..but.. it has a second faster transaction speeds!!

Most of them are hilarious, and when other coins start copying the code of the coin you are looking at, it may be an indicator it's not another clonecoin scamcoin.
Example: Darkcoin's X11 algorithm runs mining hardware cooler, and lots of coins have already copied it, along with DGW (I think).

That's because Darkcoin has an actual legitimate development team working on it, instead of some Indian/paki freelance programmer some greedy guy in the USA paid to create a clonecoin/scamcoin with a 50% premine.

Another indicator the devs actually care about the coin is when they implement some peer-reviewed paper on a feature, like CryptoNote or CoinJoin, or Darksend or Zerocoin.

Those are privacy features, but see the peer-reviewed papers:
https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf
http://darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkSendv3.pdf  (Darksend is distributed implemention of Coinjoin)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0  (CoinJoin, probably some other sources I can't locate)
http://zerocoin.org/media/pdf/ZerocoinOakland.pdf
http://eprint.iacr.org/2014/077.pdf (Mixcoin, something I found just now from:
International Association for Cryptologic Research
The International Association for Cryptologic Research is a non-profit scientific organization whose purpose is to further research in cryptology and related fields. Wikipedia
Founded: 1982)

Found another just now, Coinshuffle
http://crypsys.mmci.uni-saarland.de/projects/CoinShuffle/coinshuffle.pdf

These are research papers that are in the process of being implemented as features in crypto-currencies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277389.0
Some interesting things like ^ CoinWitness blockchain compression (haven't read much into it).

http://www.scipr-lab.org/pub
^ A source for privacy research, creating "Zerocash" a modified Zerocoin protocol (I think).
Youtube video of a presentation on the upcoming Zerocash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXU65XsLiFk
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:31:25 AM

Yeah there is gonna be a lot of overlap in functions because its what people want. There are different brands of car with the same functions but ultimately a Porche is not a Ford, Apple is not a PC....etc

Yeah I think Darkcoin definetly brings a great function to crypto. But possibly other coins and systems can can the function later. I don't discount it but one killer function might not make a complete system like say NXT deos with decentralized trading for example.

But my real point is not to argue about opinion. I genuinley want to know what are the original pure new codes cause I feel like new coins are coming out at the moment but I can't see what is new and innovative and what is recycled from other coins. There is a bigger argument about what is the best coins and many might be original coins built upon like Master Coin I just want to first try to have a list of originals so I don't miss IPO's going on that are worth a bet on.

The real issue is a million threads on IPO's and I haven't got the time to read all of them.
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:49:18 AM

Yeah there is gonna be a lot of overlap in functions because its what people want. There are different brands of car with the same functions but ultimately a Porche is not a Ford, Apple is not a PC....etc

Yeah I think Darkcoin definetly brings a great function to crypto. But possibly other coins and systems can can the function later. I don't discount it but one killer function might not make a complete system like say NXT deos with decentralized trading for example.

But my real point is not to argue about opinion. I genuinley want to know what are the original pure new codes cause I feel like new coins are coming out at the moment but I can't see what is new and innovative and what is recycled from other coins. There is a bigger argument about what is the best coins and many might be original coins built upon like Master Coin I just want to first try to have a list of originals so I don't miss IPO's going on that are worth a bet on.

The real issue is a million threads on IPO's and I haven't got the time to read all of them.

I might suggest a coin needing to distinguish it's self from another coin before being posted here, but I'm not an admin or anything.  Still fairly new here.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:03:34 PM

I might suggest a coin needing to distinguish it's self from another coin before being posted here, but I'm not an admin or anything.  Still fairly new here.

Yeah not sure what you mean. I think you can divide coins up in many ways but my point is what is actually different in practical code sense. This is more a factual thing than a subjective thing. NXT core code is not the same as Bitcoin code, Ripple is not the same as Bitcoin, etc etc..
hloren70

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:27:43 PM

I have invested in NXT cause I thought it was a genuinely new product. I have also invested in the IPO for Qora which is the developer is to be believed is also a completely new code and coin. I want to invest in coins that are genuinely new codes and are brand new. Not coins that are recoded of NXT or Bitcoin etc but It's hard to see what is new and what is BS at the moment with so many IPO's.

So my question is what are the genuine new coded coins not built on top of other coins. Personally I like NEM and some other NXT related coins but I don't see them as 100% new codes even if they claim it.

So far my understanding is:

1. Bitcoin (original, new code)
2. NXT (completely new code)
3. Emunie (is this still on?)
4. Etherieum (still on? is it based on Bitcoin or new code,some concerns with Goldman Sachs?)
5. Exo coin (seems like new code?)
6. Ripple (people hate it but it is new and still could become the one that become mainstream)
7. Qora (seems legit now and is claimed to be a new code)

I want to invest in the real innovators, but I can't see in the threads what is new and what is a clone or BS, scam etc anymore. Can we make a list of actually new coins. I recognise many clones and coins built on others can be great and winners but my strategy is to invest in the innovators cause I think in the end the originals will win once all the marketing and BS dies down.

Nice list nextgen! I am also in NXT and I will be picking up eMunie and Etherium when their IPOs start! They are both very much still on but they don't post on this board (they have their own forums). IMHO, you can't go wrong with this triple punch!

EXO sounds good too, don't know anything about Qora, I'd stay away from Ripple as it's simply too corporate/centralized and has a very negative opinion stuck to it.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:45:13 PM

Thx, do you know any others to add to the list?

isn't Etherium built on top of Bitcoin? It doesn't mean its not innovative, I guess I'm just trying to divide what 'Species' coins go into.

I find it strange you shy away from Ripple but not Etherieum. They are both big funded projects with suspicious involvement in Etherieum of big banks and deriveratives which is kind of what Bitcoin was a response to.

I'm very experienced with Ripple, I personally hate it after being fairly positive. The idea of trust with Ripple makes it a pain in the ass to use. ie you cant just have bitcoin in your wallet, you have Peercover Bitcoin or Cryptsy Bitcoin, you don't own anything you kind of trust each other for everything. Saying that I wonder if Ripple's big thing is that a bank or someone builds ontop of it and makes it user friendly for the masses.

Qora and Exo coin are brand new, I guess the new innovations on the block. I got a few bitcoin stake in Qora but I admit the jury is still out on if either of these will be winners or not.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:58:19 PM

But my real point is not to argue about opinion. I genuinley want to know what are the original pure new codes cause I feel like new coins are coming out at the moment but I can't see what is new and innovative and what is recycled from other coins.

Just a heads-up: you'd better watch it. There are lots of people like you - I'm one of them - who want to spend their BTC to encourage new tech in this space. Several scammers know this, and tailor their scam-pitches accordingly.

The most notorious around here was a scam called Stackcoin, although the feller behind Edgecoin edged out Stackcoin in the BTC department.

If I were you, I'd stick to established next-gen coins for now. There'll be more IPCOs, some of which will have pure-new-code claims, several months from now: there always has been and there always will be. You do have time to get the lay of the land before exposing yourself to being scammed.

Confession: I lost 0.4 BTC in the Edgecoin heist: more than $200, or the price of a good set of running shoes. Here's what I've done to lessen my risk:

- I spent several hours going through the threads of the most notorious scams - meaning, all of the comments therein - to look for red flags.
- I don't throw that much into an IPCO. Rather than dream of retiring in the backwoods or Bermuda, I dream of yielding the price of a top-of-the-line gaming rig or thereabouts. Controlling my get-rich-quick fantasies controls my amount risked.
- I write off all IPCO investments as spends. That way, I don't shoot my blood pressure up if I lose what I've spent.

I also spent some time getting the general lay of the land 'round here before plunging in. That includes sticking to an established 2.0 coin. In my case, it's Nxt.     

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

hloren70

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:59:24 PM

Thx, do you know any others to add to the list?

isn't Etherium built on top of Bitcoin? It doesn't mean its not innovative, I guess I'm just trying to divide what 'Species' coins go into.

I find it strange you shy away from Ripple but not Etherieum. They are both big funded projects with suspicious involvement in Etherieum of big banks and deriveratives which is kind of what Bitcoin was a response to.

I'm very experienced with Ripple, I personally hate it after being fairly positive. The idea of trust with Ripple makes it a pain in the ass to use. ie you cant just have bitcoin in your wallet, you have Peercover Bitcoin or Cryptsy Bitcoin, you don't own anything you kind of trust each other for everything. Saying that I wonder if Ripple's big thing is that a bank or someone builds ontop of it and makes it user friendly for the masses.

Qora and Exo coin are brand new, I guess the new innovations on the block. I got a few bitcoin stake in Qora but I admit the jury is still out on if either of these will be winners or not.

Etherium will be 100% new code. The problem with Ripple is that there are 99 billion "Ripples" and the company controls something like 80% of them. I also read somewhere that internally they move like a true corporation and that is slow like molasses.

I'm not saying Ripple isn't great to use, I just wouldn't be investing in XRPs.

I can't think of any others. Stick with Nxt, eMunie and Etherium and one or more of these will most definitely skyrocket in the years to come!
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:01:57 PM

I thought Emunie was designed that it didn't skyrocket actually. To increase in value for sure but I think the plan is for a stable currency rather than a rapidly deflating one.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:05:02 PM

But my real point is not to argue about opinion. I genuinley want to know what are the original pure new codes cause I feel like new coins are coming out at the moment but I can't see what is new and innovative and what is recycled from other coins.

Just a heads-up: you'd better watch it. There are lots of people like you - I'm one of them - who want to spend their BTC to encourage new tech in this space. Several scammers know this, and tailor their scam-pitches accordingly.

The most notorious around here was a scam called Stackcoin, although the feller behind Edgecoin edged out Stackcoin in the BTC department.

If I were you, I'd stick to established next-gen coins for now. There'll be more IPCOs, some of which will have pure-new-code claims, several months from now: there always has been and there always will be. You do have time to get the lay of the land before exposing yourself to being scammed.

Confession: I lost 0.4 BTC in the Edgecoin heist: more than $200, or the price of a good set of running shoes. Here's what I've done to lessen my risk:

- I spent several hours going through the threads of the most notorious scams - meaning, all of the comments therein - to look for red flags.
- I don't throw that much into an IPCO. Rather than dream of retiring in the backwoods or Bermuda, I dream of yielding the price of a top-of-the-line gaming rig or thereabouts. Controlling my get-rich-quick fantasies controls my amount risked.
- I write off all IPCO investments as spends. That way, I don't shoot my blood pressure up if I lose what I've spent.

I also spent some time getting the general lay of the land 'round here before plunging in. That includes sticking to an established 2.0 coin. In my case, it's Nxt.     

I've been suckered into a few scam coins, It a learning experience. I was dumb enough to invest in Neoncoin and Promethium. But I only risk what I can lose. Escrow is the big lesson for me. Actually Qora is the first decent IPO I bought it on that hasn't been a scam! Apart from NXTL and NEM that is.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

I've been suckered into a few scam coins, It a learning experience. I was dumb enough to invest in Neoncoin and Promethium. But I only risk what I can lose. Escrow is the big lesson for me. Actually Qora is the first decent IPO I bought it on that hasn't been a scam! Apart from NXTL and NEM that is.

Yep, it sure is a learning experience. When you think about it, losing $500 here is a lot less worse than losing $10,000 in a penny-stock scam. The same learning experience applies to both.  Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

If you are talking about algo. Quark did some innovative stuff. Blakecoin has done good work in providing a codebase around the blake algo, and got fpga's running . Skeincoin is doing that aswell for skeinalgo, as most first coins using an algo other then sha256d / scrypt.

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
dustint

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:21:09 AM

GLD new codebase in the works multi-threaded with master wallet that will support multiple cryptocurrencies
http://altcoinpress.com/2014/04/java-client-to-put-multiple-coins-into-a-single-wallet/
biophil

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:27:50 PM

Hard to believe BitShares isn't listed on this thread! They haven't launched a product yet, but they have several in the pipeline. Their decentralized bank and exchange product sounds particularly promising. I understand they're hoping to launch a prototype of it this summer. http://www.bitshares.org/banking/

BTS account name: zebulon
Sirius: ShgFrdAQye6adoxq1ucqRfuG5aCcMvxr2T
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:00:30 AM

BCN and BMR are anonymous coins based on Cryptonote. BCN is older but recently discovered in this community and BMR is brand new (started mining a day or two ago, with no premine).

They are PoW blockchain based, but have a new code base (not a bitcoin fork)

nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:54:51 AM

BCN and BMR are anonymous coins based on Cryptonote. BCN is older but recently discovered in this community and BMR is brand new (started mining a day or two ago, with no premine).

Links?
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:58:36 AM

Not sure why Peercoin is not included, since it was the first PoS - a while before NXT.
Also, Gridcoin, which is mined by contributing to the BOINC infrastructure and thus providing hashrate for science; making the mining process not only useful for the cryptocurrency's security.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:59:48 AM

Links?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563821.0
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:21:29 AM

Here is a legitmate list of coins who have completely re-worked every foundation of Bitcoin. Brand new codes. Note these are coins that have been officially been launched and are able to the public. Ethereum is the only exception to this.

Counterparty and Mastercoin are written ontop of Bitcoin, But, the protocols have been made from scratch.

As far as Qora and Exo, we are still reviewing them as they've not officially launched.

http://www.coinssource.com/generation-x/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: