Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHMCS  (Read 2330 times)
mixxit (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 11:43:35 PM

I tried to get my host to provide bitcoin instead of me using paypal and they were asking:

ColorHost CEO - Kevin Hammett: WHMCS
ColorHost CEO - Kevin Hammett: If it can be found, we may see into adopting bitcoin.

Do you know if there is any way of using this system (WHMCS) with bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mixxit (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 11:52:56 PM

Seems there was no results for 'bitcoin' on the WHMCS forum so I made a thread

Can you guys post your support for this feature also in my thread?

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=37385
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 12:15:55 AM

It supports multi-currency billing, so shouldn't be too hard.
mixxit (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 01:47:47 AM

<BurtyB> Mixxit I'll prob add it into the community addons (http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php)

Looks like burtyb is working on it in #bitcoin-discussion :-) Yippee! That should enable alot of web businesses to adopt it bitcoin
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 02:02:07 PM

this would be amazing. Tons of smaller providers use WHMCS ; and I think I saw one using Libery Reserve already, so should be feasible.

kristofferR

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 11:07:23 PM

Yeah, this would be amazing.

However, recurring billing must be added to Bitcoin before use in WHMCS could take off. WHMCS (Web Hosting Manager's Complete Solution) is, as the name suggests,  made mainly for web hosts. All web hosting companies with respect for themselves charge monthly automatically until the user cancels. It's damn annoying to manually pay an invoice each month, it should definitely be possible to do automatically with BitCoin.

I have actually have hosting with a host that doesn't offer recurring payments (I have to pay manually each month) and it's very bothersome. I imagine it is also quite bothersome for the web host company too, since they have to deal with missing payments and such. I'm considering switching to a company that provides recurring billing.

Voluntary recurring billing should be added to the Bitcoin client. There's no need to force recurring payments onto anyone (it should be a choice whether to pay automatically, manually or not at all [which results in automatic cancelling of the service]), but recurring billing is a must for the wast majority of SaaS-providers and web hosting companies.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 11:19:55 PM

Recurring billing does not need to be a part of Bitcoin in the same way that it doesn't need to be part of U.S. Dollars or gold.

These types of systems and features can be built on top of Bitcoin, just as credit cards, electronic transfers, etc are built on top of the U.S. dollar (or other currencies).
kristofferR

View Profile
April 13, 2011, 11:30:26 PM

Sure, I don't think that the protocol should be changed.

The default client should just get a tab called Recurring/Regular or something like that where the chosen amount of BTC are sent to a Bitcoin address every day/month/year. The payments should be cancelable with a click of a button.  The recurring money sendings could be sent to any bitcoin address. If you want to donate 10BTC to the faucet/EFF/grandma/other thing every week automatically you could do that. You could use it to pay for hosting, services, rent, donations, funds, savings - basically anything you want. It would be great and make BitCoins even more useful and easy to use.
cosmicfantasia

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 21, 2011, 10:24:51 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to add more support from a Bitcoin WHMCS payment processing plugin. I'd be offering Bitcoin as the primary payment option straight away @ http://cosmicfantasia.net.au if I could.

I also started a forum post in the feature request section:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=37496

Extra posts of support could only help for an official offering from WHMCS, but I think the idea of creating a community one would make it happen much much quicker.

Just wanted to say it wouldn't require recurring billing from Bitcoin either. Each client chooses their billing cycle, set by the admin, ie. 1 month, 1 year, 2 years

Then at a time set again by the admin, usually a few days, the system creates an invoice. The user can then login and pay with Bitcoin, as well as having something like what kristofferR suggested,s o they don't have to login to be able to pay automatically.

Can do any testing thats required.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: