Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & Fax machines - Doomed to fail!  (Read 1346 times)
blackhathasher (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:10:27 AM

This is such a riot!

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-once-thriving-products-doomed-to-fail.html/10/?ref=OB

This article lumps Bitcoin in with once thriving but doomed to fail technologies like Land Line, Fax Machines and PC's!

This is too awesome to pass up reading.

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:41:50 AM

Bitcoin is still in the new and revolutionary stages, so the comparison makes no sense.
Some crypto coin(s) will succeed and BTC will probably be one of the winners.
Apparently the article is doomed to fail.  Smiley

blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:52:04 AM

well if side chains catches on like people are saying then i can see alt coins becoming less appealing although i do believe they will always be around, but if side chains can truly bring innovation to the Bitcoin network without devaluing the bitcoin currency then there is no reason why bitcoin cannot continue to juggernaught forward indefinitely...

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
SolarGalaxa

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 06:39:02 AM

This is such a riot!

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/10-once-thriving-products-doomed-to-fail.html/10/?ref=OB

This article lumps Bitcoin in with once thriving but doomed to fail technologies like Land Line, Fax Machines and PC's!

I love this one: "the main use for Bitcoins is said to be the illegal and anonymous purchasing of drugs and weapons". And the author's beloved cash isn't?
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:58:37 PM

This is such a riot!

I love this one: "the main use for Bitcoins is said to be the illegal and anonymous purchasing of drugs and weapons". And the author's beloved cash isn't?
Yeah, you just gotta love the ignorance! Cheesy
Stupid wall street morons… Angry
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:03:29 PM

Hopefully this will turn into that one article that said the internet wouldnt be around for long or whatever.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 02:16:07 PM

This is such a riot!

What is the current main use of btc as a currency for purchasing goods? Overstock and giftcards?

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 03:41:54 PM

What is the current main use of btc as a currency for purchasing goods? Overstock and giftcards?

i think that there is a ton of transactions into and out of exchanges which means speculative investing (as a currency), miners are prone to buy a metric butt load of equipment from the likes of tiger direct and the hundreds of asic distributors, gyft and egifter for sure, and more and more small business owners are accepting etc. etc.

i think that there is virtually NO money laundering going on in bitcoin and the FBI has stated as much. the reality of "illegal" activities being conducted in bitcoin is probably less than 10%

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:52:14 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 02:27:03 AM by ArticMine

Reading this article I get the impression that it was written by one of the many iSheep because of the many references to
Apple products as the replacements to the "doomed to fail" technologies. Given Apple's censorship of Bitcoin it would make a lot of sense that Bitcoin be included among the "doomed to fail" technologies.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
zzojar

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:45:31 PM

Stupid article because everything is doomed to fail at some point. Even this solar system is doomed to fail.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:02:50 AM

I like PCs and I can understand why people like fax machines. It's interesting that fax machines are so much easier to use than  email. You don't need to be computer literate. Just enter a paper, punch in a number and the machine does the rest. The fact that email with all its clicking about and spam and malware made it gives me hope that bitcoin can make it too.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 03:05:24 AM

I like PCs and I can understand why people like fax machines. It's interesting that fax machines are so much easier to use than  email. You don't need to be computer literate. Just enter a paper, punch in a number and the machine does the rest. The fact that email with all its clicking about and spam and malware made it gives me hope that bitcoin can make it too.

Banks & government agencies always seem to want paperwork via a fax machine. I keep telling them this is the 21st century with things called email & scanners, but they just don't seem to understand.

I may as well be trying to pay my taxes with bitcoins.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 06:50:17 AM

Bitcoin is the Segway of money.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile