Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:11:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Please close -.-] 0.5BTC for flight to childhood friends funeral.  (Read 1009 times)
gorgorom (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:19:47 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 12:38:56 PM by gorgorom

I hate to ever ask for anything in my life. I have always been one to earn what I need and try to live an honest life. Yesterday, I got a call from my best friends mother growing up in Halifax. He committed suicide in his basement, and his family wants me to go to his wake and funeral, and be a pall bearer for the service. Only problem is that he his family is in the next province, which is a 1 1/2 hour flight from where I am.

Normally I wouldn't ever ask for assistance with something like this, and probably would just wish my condolences and tell them that I couldn't attend, but Kyle was the only person as a Kid that got me through what I went through as a child. We have a connection that not even me and my siblings share.

If you are wondering how 0.5BTC can even become close to flying me to another province, my (deceased) father was an aircraft engineer with Air Canada. When he passed on (also from suicide) back in 1999, my family inherited his benefits for flying. Meaning that I can fly on standby to Halifax for about 260$ round trip.

I want to fly to that funeral more than words can describe, and I want to at least be there at his death, like he was for me growing up. I can pay this back in about a month, so it is a medium-term loan. I am open to how much you would need in return, and we can discuss this on your terms. Like I said I absolutley hate having to even think about this, but I don't have any other option right now.

Please don't reply here with ignorant or disrespectful intentions. Just respond if you can help out, or know someone that can. Even if it's not the full amount, it will be a start.

The funeral is in 4 days. The family is waiting for his father to arrive, and I have to let them know by tomorrow what I plan to do. Thanks.

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:33:51 PM

Not being ignorant or disrespectful - get your loan from your best friend's mother.  Or family.  Or friends.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
gorgorom (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

I recently moved to a new area, so friends re out of the question, my mother is stretched thin with her finances, and literally can't afford it, and I wouldnt dream of asking my friends parents after what they have been through and the cost I am assuming is high for a funeral. I have thought about all possible options, which is why I came here. I know it is a long shot, but it is my only half viable option, albeit a bad one Sad

RyanMilligan1

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 01:54:35 PM

Give me the BTC address, I have like .3 spare in an online wallet. You can have it, no loan terms. Just have it.

I'd give you the lot but all my coins are offline and it takes a while for me to get them online at the moment.
gorgorom (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 02:52:03 PM

Give me the BTC address, I have like .3 spare in an online wallet. You can have it, no loan terms. Just have it.

I'd give you the lot but all my coins are offline and it takes a while for me to get them online at the moment.

Ryan, check your PM. If you are serious, words can't begin to thank you enough. Wow.

Thank you so much,

Gor

RyanMilligan1

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:26:18 PM

Ryan, check your PM. If you are serious, words can't begin to thank you enough. Wow.

Thank you so much,

Gor

doing so now. The money will be sent in 15-20 minutes.
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 06:53:49 PM

If his funeral was so long ago, why do you still need to fly there?

I would have assumed by now you would have found another way...
RyanMilligan1

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Thank you so much,

Gor

Sent .385
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:18:00 PM

Sent .385

Are you dense?  The "funeral" was on April 22.

You just got scammed.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 09:58:02 PM

Thank you so much,

Gor

Sent .385

WDF??  Whether the OP is lying or not (I'm pretty sure he's lying, or partially lying)
You just committed to a whole new level of lame xD

@OP I guess he funeral was held back because they needed a good for nothing scammer right?
gorgorom (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

Thank you so much,

Gor

Sent .385

WDF??  Whether the OP is lying or not (I'm pretty sure he's lying, or partially lying)

@OP I guess he funeral was held back because they needed a good for nothing scammer right?

No actually, I went to the funeral, weeks ago and paid out of a loan sharks pocket. How the hell you think I gotta pay it back? Some people are so bloody ignorant...I didn't even remember this thread otherwise I would of had it closed. Which it will be now.

gorgorom (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

And for the record...

Hey Ryan,

I just wanted to re-iterate to you, that you know that the BTC was not needed for the funeral, that funeral happened a few weeks ago, I needed the money to pay back the loan shark that I got the money for the flight off of in the first place. If you are not okay with this, please let me know and I will send the bitcoin back to you.

It seems that some were under the impression that I was "Scamming" you for this Bitcoin. But I want us to be crystal clear and solid that the funeral has passed and this money is going strictly on the bills that follow in it's path.

Let me know what you think. I don't want someone with a soul like yours to get tainted by scam accusations from some idiots on a forum thinking I was taking advantage of a kind person.

Gor

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:06:03 PM

Thank you so much,

Gor

Sent .385

No actually, I went to the funeral, weeks ago and paid out of a loan sharks pocket. How the hell you think I gotta pay it back? Some people are so bloody ignorant...I didn't even remember this thread otherwise I would of had it closed. Which it will be now.

What do you mean you didn't remember this thread, you just posted on it yesterday ASKING for the loan... how come you didn't tell the loaner anything BEFORE he sent you the bitcoins???
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

Let's take out a loan - why you ask? To pay back another loan we have.

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:59:58 PM

It went from a funeral to a loan shark.

Tell me more.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 05:09:03 PM

Well, in your original post, you said you'd be able to pay back in about a month, which is May 18.  Was that a lie, too?

I can see why all your friends wanted nothing to do with you as soon as you moved away.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: