Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pope Francis: “We are not alone in the Universe.”  (Read 6346 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 04:53:55 PM

Then we have the question again if every planet has "their" Jesus, the one and only Son of God.

This is a serious discussion and I think it was Teilhard de Chardin who would say yes. He tried to combine theology and rational science and thus worked out that a "Son of God" manifestation would be a necessary evolutionary step in the development of every intelligent species.

If there is intelligent life they would view us as nothing but primitive monkeys, let alone take our advice/opinions  Cheesy
If i told you that there was a species of monkey that would one day be more inteligient and aggresive, and will try to take over the human race. what do you think you would do to that now primitive monkey? same with aliens perhaps extinguish now before we come unhandleable in the distent future.
Any society able to monitor us should know we're technological laggards in comparison. They've likely gone beyond resource scarcity, so crushing us, I imagine, for most scenarios, is probably trivial (outside, perhaps, any philosophical debates). By the time we find them, we'll probably have moved beyond resource scarcity, too, so outside some type of jellies over their cultural achievements, there's really no reason to be bothering them except to exchange perspectives and advance the art of resource collection and manipulation. I imagine they've found a primary "industry planet" so unimaginably large and dense that they literally hurl planets and moons into the surface of one side to break it apart and keep it on the surface for the automated mining drones.

Or maybe they're struggling with meaningless existence issues still, and have formed some type of goofy gladiator society. I hope they've adopted ridiculous stereotypes to form their Superman Myth around, or maybe they try to mimic our most ridiculous stereotypes and just play with us while they genocide us. You know - like the Black American musclehead stereotype who walks around, MOTHERFUCKING THIS, and MOTHERFUCKING THAT! I'd love that... or they wage wars with ridiculous mechanical monsters like "Flame Belly" or "Laser Dick," where the absurd method of destruction is itself is a form of art for the society. Maybe they'll create drones which are both fun and a fair match, broadcasting the war and permitting us to exist should we manage to come out alive.

Alternately, maybe they're emotional and disappointed to see we are relatively primitive, so they kill us out of spite. ... Err - at any rate, I'd be stunned if they killed us because they thought we could overpower them some time in the future. Would that be something for humanity to be proud of?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:24:39 PM

Then we have the question again if every planet has "their" Jesus, the one and only Son of God.

This is a serious discussion and I think it was Teilhard de Chardin who would say yes. He tried to combine theology and rational science and thus worked out that a "Son of God" manifestation would be a necessary evolutionary step in the development of every intelligent species.

If there is intelligent life they would view us as nothing but primitive monkeys, let alone take our advice/opinions  Cheesy
If i told you that there was a species of monkey that would one day be more inteligient and aggresive, and will try to take over the human race. what do you think you would do to that now primitive monkey? same with aliens perhaps extinguish now before we come unhandleable in the distent future.
Any society able to monitor us should know we're technological laggards in comparison. They've likely gone beyond resource scarcity, so crushing us, I imagine, for most scenarios, is probably trivial (outside, perhaps, any philosophical debates). By the time we find them, we'll probably have moved beyond resource scarcity, too, so outside some type of jellies over their cultural achievements, there's really no reason to be bothering them except to exchange perspectives and advance the art of resource collection and manipulation. I imagine they've found a primary "industry planet" so unimaginably large and dense that they literally hurl planets and moons into the surface of one side to break it apart and keep it on the surface for the automated mining drones.

Or maybe they're struggling with meaningless existence issues still, and have formed some type of goofy gladiator society. I hope they've adopted ridiculous stereotypes to form their Superman Myth around, or maybe they try to mimic our most ridiculous stereotypes and just play with us while they genocide us. You know - like the Black American musclehead stereotype who walks around, MOTHERFUCKING THIS, and MOTHERFUCKING THAT! I'd love that... or they wage wars with ridiculous mechanical monsters like "Flame Belly" or "Laser Dick," where the absurd method of destruction is itself is a form of art for the society. Maybe they'll create drones which are both fun and a fair match, broadcasting the war and permitting us to exist should we manage to come out alive.

Alternately, maybe they're emotional and disappointed to see we are relatively primitive, so they kill us out of spite. ... Err - at any rate, I'd be stunned if they killed us because they thought we could overpower them some time in the future. Would that be something for humanity to be proud of?

They won't need to crush us really, Imagine an alien civilization capable of intergalactic or even interstellar space flights they would be so advanced that our intelligence would be scaled in comparison to the same the same as our intelligence is scaled to a worm or even worse a bacteria, I doubt that we would be even worth their time, as there must more interesting stuff in the universe than our puny planet or less than average solar system
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:19:05 PM

Do you actually believe his mother Mary was a virgin?

Before or even after giving birth? It seems they argue she was a virgen all her life, so if they mean that in phisycal terms, I guess her hymen survived the birth of Jesus.
Poor Joseph, he got her wife impregnated by other and then couldn't touch her ever.
Of course, those are all histories created 100 or 200 years after, to match old profecies. All gospels tell about Jesus brothers and probably he wasn't the oldest.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:06:41 PM

And, yes, the universe is looking like very bizarre and mysterious. So much we don't know.

We may not know, but we don't know if that applies to everybody on Earth.

Meaning, there may be some people on Earth who *do* know but aren't telling us.

What would be the point there? Just being dicks?

If life exists elsewhere and "some people on Earth" do know, then the question arises, how do they know?

And then it follows that if they can know, it's equally possible for others to know, even others who do not share the same values or principles as the first group of knowers and they'd likely have told someone else...who told someone else.

Knowledge can't exist in a vacuum. If it's a known, then expect it to spread.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:27:40 PM

I'm not at all religious but I like this guy.
Francis is risking a trial after his death and ending with his bones removed from his grave and burnt.
Jokes aside, I bet there are a lot of Catholics that are starting to think he is dangerous.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:16:46 AM

Maybe they are Libertarians on a peaceful mission of space exploration, and will will throw them in FEMA camp and torture their naked bodies?  Sad

Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 01:36:11 AM

On the issue of interspecies war: even if we overcome scarcity of material resources, there will be always scarce goods, that people will want as symbols of social status (yes, most of current consumerism is just about this), like human creations (artistic, new technologies, etc) or high quality services. There always will be Economics, as a science of decisions about scarce goods.
Besides, many wars are about fear, nationalism, pride (for instance, think about the French declaration of war against Prussia in 1870), envy and only secondarily about resources.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: