Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinScrypt.org Development Thread (Omega6)  (Read 822 times)
Omega6 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 09:16:45 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2014, 03:27:14 PM by malevolent

Mod note: REMINDER - Bitcoin != Bitcoin Scrypt; think twice before running any of this software and keep your Bitcoin wallet.dat in a safe place!

Hi everyone,

I have delayed posting on here due to past events but I feel it is only fair that the same information about Bitcoin Scrypt, its core principles and our plans for the future be posted equally.

I can clear one thing up straight away and that is that BTCS is not and never will be Bitcoin 2.0 or any other kind of nickname it has been given.

Bitcoin has always been a wonderful concept that has now become a global success and I am sure the day will come where it will be accepted by all.

One of the main reasons that I created Bitcoin Scrypt was just to give everyone another option once Bitcoin goes completely mainstream (This would have happened at some point anyway) but I wanted it to be developed / controlled equally and by everyone.

Imagine a world with only Apple and Microsoft but no Linux distributions, one of the main reasons why the prices of software has been prevented from rising is because of Open Source development, which makes me wonder if that is why Apple gave their latest operating system upgrade away for free?

Pretty much every item sold has many counterparts being sold next to them, most people like a choice as they like to know that they are in control of their own fate, the basic foundation of freedom, true freedom would mean they was no choice in the first place but I digress.

Bitcoin Scrypt is another choice for mining and users to have when it comes to digital currency and it could one day in the future bring healthy competition.

If we all want Bitcoin to become a real world currency and not a trading commodity, then its price needs to be stabilized and that is one thing that competition can bring, it also tends to improve the rate of innovation.

When I look back tomorrow at this new thread and see that I have a -300 trust rating then I know that this is not going to be an option to post updates, so any community members that do actually like the concepts of Bitcoin Scrypt, you probably already know where to look.

If this thread is deemed acceptable then I will use it for all future client updates as that I believe is fair for the community.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Bitcoin Scrypt Website List

http://www.bitcoinscrypt.org

http://www.theotherbitcoin.com Informational Hub
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:52:43 PM

Yes few coins have had as much FUD said about them then btcs, oddly enough even my forum mods, and as some would know to the point of even being banned from this forum.

I wonder what all the fuss was about, so research it and came to the conclusion it was one of the better coins.

Glad you're venturing in here to give updates Smiley hope your not trolled to a stupid level here.

Omega6 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 10:40:56 AM

Thanks for the positive response, seems thought that this is a topic that not many community members wish to discuss.

I will post update here regards, just so things are fair for everyone.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:50:15 AM

Yeah tad too much junk in this forum, that many decent cryptos can fly under the radar here. Mostly this alt sections become pumping the lastest pump n dump sh$tcoin.

Alot of btcs core supporters hang out on other forums, as you'd know.

Still be good for you to post updates here.
Omega6 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 11:57:31 AM

Yeah tad too much junk in this forum, that many decent cryptos can fly under the radar here. Mostly this alt sections become pumping the lastest pump n dump sh$tcoin.

Alot of btcs core supporters hang out on other forums, as you'd know.

Still be good for you to post updates here.

As you know Bitcoin Scrypt is all about equality and choice with our 5 - 10 year plan developed by our community with the main core principle of BTCS is to always remain decentralized meaning no singular individual owns it.

True decentralization is a massive undertaking and is not something that is going to happen quickly but centralization can happen to any currency and in a very short timescale.

We always remember our roots and where we came from; Open Source Free Software and the Linux Distribution Development Community.
Omega6 (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 09:55:54 AM

Just to keep the community informed, the new V 1.3.0 update changes have been agreed upon and are now being tested with a plan to release new wallet clients for Windows, Linux and Mac. The Source Code will of course always be available for anyone who like to compile their own clients.

The second bit of news is that a Web Store is being developed that will sell 1oz Britannia Silver coins to start with Bitcoin Scrypt accepted as payment.

Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium are becoming the Physical traders commodities of choice (with good reason) so I think it would be great if these metals can be offered to the community which I can do as I have been buying all of these metals for quiet a while.
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:36:17 AM

Bitcoin sCrypt Mandatory Client update to v.1.3.2
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/10570-mandatory-client-upgrade-to-v132-for-hardfork-at-block-96000/?p=89627

Version 1.3.2 is released and requires mandatory update by all clients because hard-fork at Block 96000. 

Please update to version 1.3.2.

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
michael_vw

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:36:38 PM

Hi all,

Hope that the new version 1.3.2 will make the coin a lot faster too transfer the coins.

BTC-sCrypt will be a good alternative too the original bitcoin, decentralized, and a voting system to give all a fair chance too develop this coin to be ready for the future.

Cheers,

Michael

jonnymose

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:40:26 AM

The new client version works great and with the news proposing to switch to pure POS via blockchain voting is awsome.
This is truely a decentralizet coin.
BTCS has a great future.
bloods-n-cryptos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:53:03 PM

Here's a link to the announcement re the block-chain vote to move Bitcoin sCrypt to pure Proof-of-Stake mining.

http://theotherbitcoin.com/proposed-block-chain-vote-switch-bitcoin-scrypt-proof-work-pure-proof-stake/

Any information provided in my posts is for educational purposes only and is not to be considered legal advice, but you already knew that.
torzsy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:17:01 PM

1.3.3 is out, update your clients.  Cheesy

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/10929-mandatory-update-to-v133-hardfork-at-96180/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: