Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:14:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold DVC on eBay, I think I'm being scammed..  (Read 811 times)
strangerhacks (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:35:29 PM

I bought some GHS for CEX.IO just to see what it's all about and it's pretty cool how it mines BTC, NMC, IXC, and DVC all using the one amount of GHS (so 1GHS mines 1GHS on all of those, doesn't divide it between them all but each one gets the total amount) anyways, that's besides the point, I ended up earning enough DVC which I have no idea what to do with becasue there is no trading DVC or IXC on CEX.IO.

I made a listing on eBay to sell 1.0 DVC as a CEX.IO Voucher and I sold it, got paid, gave the person the voucher code, and now they're telling me it didn't work. They're telling me the code was invalid but I just made it so I think I'm being scammed. Is there any way for me to see if the voucher was accepted and maybe they're just saying it's invalid so they get their money back?

I told them I would issue a refund as soon as I can confirm that the DVC was actually invalid because 1.0 DVC is now gone from my account and they're asking for a refund and I don't know what to do to prove that the voucher I gave them was valid unless I can prove it was accepted and they're just trying to scam me.

Any ideas? I tried contacting CEX.IO but they said all voucher transfer status is private for security so I don't know what to do from here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
strangerhacks (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:41:02 AM

I just found this

https://support.cex.io/hc/en-us/articles/201572336-Feb-27-2014-Vouchers-usage-warning

Does this mean I'm SOL?
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:27:32 AM

If one DVC is gone from your account then obviously someone redeemed that voucher, and if you didn't give the code to anyone other then the buyer, then it's pretty obvious that they got the DVC they paid for. You should tell that scammer to buzz off and don't issue them a refund. Beware that they'll probably open a dispute with PayPal saying they didn't receive them item they paid for, and that there's a good chance that PayPal will side with them.

In the future, I'd suggest only selling crypto for PayPal with people you can trust.

strangerhacks (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 08:06:14 AM

Well all in all, they made a claim with PayPal and as you said, PayPal did side with them and issued them a refund. I contacted CEX.IO and all they said was they can tell me the username of the person who accepted the voucher but nothing more then that as they don't interfere with third party exchanges so after giving their username to PayPal in the dispute, they refused to provide their username but PayPal still sided with them because it turns out their username is considered "private information" and they can't make them show me to make sure the accounts match.

It's not a huge deal, I sold 1 DVC for $0.99 just to see if it would sell and it did but whatever, it was a buck and after contacting eBay they said they would put a flag on their account to see if they try to do it again to other sellers so if this is a routine thing for them, it's going to stop if they keep doing it.

It's such a pain that CEX.IO gives you free multipool mining with SHA-256 for NameCoin, IXCoin, and DevCoin while you mine BitCoin at full hash rate but they only let you trade NameCoin. I have all this IXC and DVC with no use, and to withdrawal they charge a 0.001 fee of whatever the currancy to trade it to Cryptsy, trade for BTC, and then Cryptsy takes a fee to withdrawal it again to put it back into CEX.IO

It's like this MultiPool mining for SHA-256 is just to get people in there because after all the fees you lose a pretty big portion of what was earned, it's almost not worth it.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 11:37:07 AM

Had you done any reading in these very forums, you would know buying anything digital with Paypay is very risky. Scams happen daily here. Welcome to reality.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 01:45:58 PM

Yeah you're probably being scammed.
Unfortunately if he paid with Paypal then they will %100 side with him and you will lose out.
Good luck with it but in future you should be careful with anything Crypto related on Ebay.
You dont have the same protections as Physical items.
renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:49:51 AM

1$ for a dvc?
who is the scammer here  Roll Eyes

and you complain about the witdraw fees? lol.
moving on...

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: