Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:12:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The World Needs To Get Educated On Bitcoin  (Read 536 times)
Markjacobs (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:50:00 AM

Bitcoiners want normal non techies to adopt Bitcoin, but that's going to take a lot of work. It first starts with the media, and honestly I see them doing a terrible job covering BTC. The vast majority of the time I turn on CNBC I see stories that speak negatively about the Bitcoin. Third world countries are even worse, as many countries have their media controlled by their governments. The thing that sucks is that most governments are also ignorant to Bitcoin. We need to change the public image of Bitcoin. Normal everyday people are sketched out by it and base their opinions off bullshit articles they read from news sites that can't comprehend Bitcoin for themselves. I still believe Bitcoin is in its early days, and that's not going anywhere. The thing I hate most is when economists come out and give phony analysis that Bitcoin is in a bubble. Some people need to understand that Bitcoin is not like a normal asset, ie stock or real estate. Economists treating Bitcoin like such should be disregarded as they don't know what they're talking about. Anyone else find bs articles/news from 'reputable' websites?

Here's one of the latest bs articles I found, this time surprising from engadget.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/15/amazon-bitcoin-currency/

An article about Bitcoins bad press
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/02/11/the-bitcoin-bad-news-round-up/

An article about whether or not the world is educated on Bitcoin
http://www.panture.com/does-the-world-understand-bitcoin/
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:54:50 AM

Good things take time.

If you truly believe that Bitcoin is going to become the world reserve currency as many do you must realize that there has to be some sort of long, well thought-out plan of action in mind of the entity that is Satoshi Nakamoto.

Even most people who like to think themselves educated on cryptocurrency are, in-fact, not.

I agree we need to educate people but I don't think it's a time-sensitive issue in the sense that it needs to be rushed.

Horses in midstream.
Dr.Zaius

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:55:01 AM

Sounds like what a cult would say.
Leogheo

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:32:32 PM

A lot of economists who like to think themselves very well educated on cryptocurrency know only basics in fact!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:37:11 PM

It first starts with the media, and honestly I see them doing a terrible job covering BTC. The vast majority of the time I turn on CNBC I see stories that speak negatively about the Bitcoin.

With so many scams going around, such as Mt Gox and Neo & Bee, can't really blame the media for all the negative coverage. Especially the Mt Gox issue is attracting a lot of media attention.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: