Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise of the Bitcoin detractors...  (Read 2318 times)
blackhathasher (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:30:11 AM

Is it just me or does there seem to be a campaign of bitcoin detractors posting here lately?

I am not going to name names... but a brief scan of the forums and you should be able to spot them...

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:36:48 AM

There's always been detractors on this forum, even way back when btc cost less than a dollar. In fact some of those people from back then are still around now.

blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:38:46 AM

oh i know that... but i am just observing what appears to be a surge...

perhaps Bitcoins juggernaut success is bringing the trolls out en masse ??

@ObieShawnKenobi | Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance | I accept tips - BTC: 1BLackHAtGEKmcioF8pA88XPbEkBf8Hf12
kooke

Activity: 448

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:49:54 AM

oh i know that... but i am just observing what appears to be a surge...

perhaps Bitcoins juggernaut success is bringing the trolls out en masse ??

That seems quite plausible as a greater user base will contain more supporters and detractors. I think the downtrend from $1200 is playing a role, as well as the gox bankruptcy.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:09:27 PM

reasons to detract

1. gold hoarders noticing their customers are no longer buying gold from them, but buying bitcoin. thus they have to either lower gold price to tempt them back or discourage people from buying bitcoin

2. investors that want to buy coins cheaper then they are now, by causing panic sells using fud

3. people that have been scammed and are wrongly blaming bitcoin, instead of blaming the person/entity/business that scammed them

4. naive noobs that do not understand bitcoin and think its a ponzi, scam, pyramid.

i think the motives for being negative are

1. gold hoarders (25%)
2. greedy investors (50%)
3. scam victims (3%)
4. naive noobs (22%)

(rough numbers, not statistics)
but it must be noted that for every detractor there is a hell of alot more promoters

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:26:25 PM

Personally, I say it would be a combination of the misinformed without a thorough knowledge of what their talking about and people who have been upset at either getting scammed when using BTC in a transaction or selling/buying at the wrong times and being frustrated with the current price.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:38:44 PM

reasons to detract

1. gold hoarders noticing their customers are no longer buying gold from them, but buying bitcoin. thus they have to either lower gold price to tempt them back or discourage people from buying bitcoin

2. investors that want to buy coins cheaper then they are now, by causing panic sells using fud

3. people that have been scammed and are wrongly blaming bitcoin, instead of blaming the person/entity/business that scammed them

4. naive noobs that do not understand bitcoin and think its a ponzi, scam, pyramid.

1. gold hoarders (25%)
3. scam victims (3%)
4. naive noobs (22%)

but it must be noted that for every detractor there is a hell of alot more promoters

agree with a lot of that
although I wouldn't put gold hoarders nowhere near that high or greedy investors

I think jealous people and also paid shills will contribute a lot of negativity
let's not forget how many government paid shills comment on mainstream news sites to waiver opinion
always suspected, but proven with the nsa revelations by snowden

no doubt big bank and investment firm shills too

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:05:02 PM

An explanation for bitcoins and alien abductions.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 01:10:03 PM

Is it just me or does there seem to be a campaign of bitcoin detractors posting here lately?

I am not going to name names... but a brief scan of the forums and you should be able to spot them...

They're always new.   Well, usually.   Understand the chronology.  They hear about Bitcoin.  They're clueless and they hate it.

They go online to find a forum about it so they can sign up and talk trash.

Rarely (never?) will you see a detractor with a registration date before Feb 2103.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 02:08:03 PM

i am of the conspiratorial mindset that these are corporate[bank] and government shills....

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:09:03 PM

reasons to detract

1. gold hoarders (25%)
3. scam victims (3%)
4. naive noobs (22%)

agree with a lot of that
although I wouldn't put gold hoarders nowhere near that high or greedy investors

let's not forget how many government paid shills comment on mainstream news sites to waiver opinion

Like that anonymint guy. Man if he wasn't a paid shill I don't know who is.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:22:41 PM

1. gold hoarders (25%)
3. scam victims (3%)
4. naive noobs (22%)

agree with a lot of that

they dont need to pay shills. they just make 20 usernames and do it themself

governments dont care about bitcoin, infact UK/Europe/US/Canada are accepting of bitcoin. but banks (who are their own entity) do care and worry. and they are known gold holders. government dont own gold, banks do
banks=1. gold hoarders (25%)

= 2. greedy investors (50%)

and like i said in red. the numbers are rough as some detractors fit into more then one category. th numbers are not statistics, so anyone saying they are wrong. is just knitpicking. but from my viewpoint of 'trolling fud' has been from people that are invested into bitcoin and want cheap coin hense the higher percentile and those that are on forums, youtube, etc. talking about gold is great and bitcoin is bad, is not so apparent in comparison. thus the lesser percentile.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:34:27 PM

can't agree more my dear freedom fighters and intellectual elite friends. but one day, that's my promise, these bastards who dare to question bitcoin and our savior satoshi fuckimoto, i promise they will pay the bill. we'll hunt them down one by one and i swear to satoshi fukushima, auschwitz will look like a summer camp to them once we are finished with them.

best, we start already now by collecting names and documenting these cases of anti-bitcoinism. as our savior satoshi ayuhara once said: "war is peace. freedom is slavery. ignorance is strength."

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
SnakePlisken

Activity: 71

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:46:02 PM

I think the rise of altcoins and their associated scams has had a spillover effect.

BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:03:57 PM

reasons to detract

1. gold hoarders (25%)
3. scam victims (3%)
4. naive noobs (22%)

I am one of the new guys. The more time I spend here the less enthusiastic I become about BTC.

I came here, AS PART OF MY INTERNET SEARCH, to learn about BTC. I see this place is filled with jerks who have zero desire to help the new guys out, point them in the right direction, make sure their initial experience is positive.

Another thing that SHOCKED me was how little BTC is considered a currency and much it is considered an investment. Seems a large number of people here DO NOT use BTC as a currency, but spend their time in a circle jerk trying to see who will predict the highest BTC price/value in the shortest time frame. I've seen predictions of $10,000 by the end of the year. Really? Are some of you that stupid? One thread title makes me crack up, lierally LOL, it is so frecking funny. The thread about how you guys are the new wealth elite. Dreaming about how you will buy an island and live off your BTC holdings.

Look at this attitude I saw while writing this out "these bastards who dare to question bitcoin". This is the attitude I often see when a new guy questions any aspect of BTC.

blackhathasher (OP)

My Precious!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 03:09:38 PM

Look at this attitude I saw while writing this out "these bastards who dare to question bitcoin". This is the attitude I often see when a new guy questions any aspect of BTC.

i cant speak for that poster but i think that was said in jest.

Another thing that SHOCKED me was how little BTC is considered a currency and much it is considered an investment. Seems a large number of people here DO NOT use BTC as a currency, but spend their time in a circle jerk trying to see who will predict the highest BTC price/value in the shortest time frame. I've seen predictions of $10,000 by the end of the year. Really? Are some of you that stupid? One thread title makes me crack up, lierally LOL, it is so frecking funny. The thread about how you guys are the new wealth elite. Dreaming about how you will buy an island and live off your BTC holdings.

this may be a fair perception but keep in mind that is just the ass hat day trader crowd. fiat has far more of them... it's call wall st.

I came here, AS PART OF MY INTERNET SEARCH, to learn about BTC. I see this place is filled with jerks who have zero desire to help the new guys out, point them in the right direction, make sure their initial experience is positive.
all you have to do is ask the right person. we are around!

Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

There's always going to be naysayers and trolls. Probably just upset they lost or didnt make any money,
crunchynut

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:25:46 PM

no, they are paid shills - paid by the big corporations that think of us as stupid morons they can do everything with only because we live in a van down by the river.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
nuff

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

can't agree more my dear freedom fighters and intellectual elite friends. but one day, that's my promise, these bastards who dare to question bitcoin and our savior satoshi fuckimoto, i promise they will pay the bill. we'll hunt them down one by one and i swear to satoshi fukushima, auschwitz will look like a summer camp to them once we are finished with them.

best, we start already now by collecting names and documenting these cases of anti-bitcoinism. as our savior satoshi ayuhara once said: "war is peace. freedom is slavery. ignorance is strength."

I love Bitcoin detractors. I know, I know, it's a bit sadistic of me to take glee in people on the losing end, but what can you do, there are always more dumb people than intelligent ones
Dogtanian

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 03:37:05 PM

no, they are paid shills - paid by the big corporations that think of us as stupid morons they can do everything with only because we live in a van down by the river.

Who's paying you to pimp out rapecoin? lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: